ADVERTISEMENT

Which coach would you not want to play for? WBB

Chuck C

HR Legend
Mar 6, 2011
No surprise here.

We asked women's basketball players: Which coach would you not want to play for?

Feather-ruffling LSU coach Kim Mulkey is at the top of their list by a landslide.

I think what's really helping Iowa in recruiting:

* The success on the court
* The way Lisa Bluder conducts herself
* The culture of the program

I forget which game it was but recently, during "their circle," she went around and told every player why they are important to the team.

The national spotlight is on Iowa and Lisa Bluder simply shines in front of everyone, including prospects and prospects' parents.

And she's now landing (and going after) 5 star prospects.

Who wouldn't want to play for not only her but in the style Iowa plays?

So it's a little interesting that Bluder did not get a single vote in "coaches I would want to play for" but 1 vote in "coaches I would not want to player for"

I think what's really helping Iowa in recruiting:

* The success on the court
* The way Lisa Bluder conducts herself
* The culture of the program

I forget which game it was but recently, during "their circle," she went around and told every player why they are important to the team.

The national spotlight is on Iowa and Lisa Bluder simply shines in front of everyone, including prospects and prospects' parents.

And she's now landing (and going after) 5 star prospects.

Who wouldn't want to play for not only her but in the style Iowa plays?

I understand that Lisa passed scissors around the circle to each player prior to the LSU game. I think it was Lisa that reported it.

I don't think they let me try out for a women's basketball team. So I don't have a choice on a coach.

So it's a little interesting that Bluder did not get a single vote in "coaches I would want to play for" but 1 vote in "coaches I would not want to player for"
Good point. You have to wonder if it’s the “race” bullshit that was pushed last year. Only thing I can think of.

LOL at the 2 who voted for Geno. Yeah, discipline and winning sucks.

Then again, maybe winning isn't everything, because I think Pat Summitt would win a lifetime achievement award in this category. That chick was scary.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT