ADVERTISEMENT

Which HROTer has been most gifted, and which the most shafted, by the Sports Gods? (Survey)

Grew up a Sixers fan. Became a Warriors fan when I moved to San Francisco (Dean Oliver's rookie year). Then Shaun Livingston joined the team. So I suppose I get the Sixers '83 and Warriors titles.

When I moved to NY I kind of took to the Knicks, sorta like a Cubs fan enjoying to perennial underdog of underdogs fandom.

The Knicks futility cancels everything out.

I'm at a net (-1).

My obscurity—which could completely derail this thread—is the Minnesota Lynx. Big, big, big fan of Seimone Augustus, bigger fan of Lindsay Whalen. So I suppose their four titles could bump me into a net positive.

Grew up a Sixers fan. Became a Warriors fan when I moved to San Francisco (Dean Oliver's rookie year). Then Shaun Livingston joined the team. So I suppose I get the Sixers '83 and Warriors titles.

When I moved to NY I kind of took to the Knicks, sorta like a Cubs fan enjoying to perennial underdog of underdogs fandom.

The Knicks futility cancels everything out.

I'm at a net (-1).

My obscurity—which could completely derail this thread—is the Minnesota Lynx. Big, big, big fan of Seimone Augustus, bigger fan of Lindsay Whalen. So I suppose their four titles could bump me into a net positive.

You don't count the Timbers' title?

Reactions: Rudolph
When did you start following the Fire? Did you get to experience ANY of the six domestic cups/titles before 2007?

I didn't really start following MLS/ soccer until 2007. I was a bit of a Galaxy fan (Beckham) for a bit. I'd say 2008/2009 was when I really became a Fire supporter

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
I didn't really start following MLS/ soccer until 2007. I was a bit of a Galaxy fan (Beckham) for a bit. I'd say 2008/2009 was when I really became a Fire supporter

Ah, the last of the "good ol' days". 2009 and 2011 we came SO close. 1998-2006 was fantastic. It was about as intense a love fans had for an organization as I've ever experienced. Definitely got spoiled. Those Open Cup finals at Solider Field were on another level. Better days are ahead.

I think it is the Sporting KC team. That's what people on the Royals group I am in on Facebook talk about.

Yep, that's them.

Only pro sports. You have to give your top team in each of the “Big 5” pro leagues (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS...don’t be triggered), and one more obscure sports team you follow/ed (arena football, arena soccer, lacrosse, etc.) and add up their championships SINCE YOU BEGAN FOLLOWING THEM. Let’s see the lowest and highest number (I bet I am at or near the bottom)...

Here are mine:

Majors:
NFL - Lions 0
MLB - White Sox 1
NBA - Pistons 2 (Don’t remember ‘89)
NHL - Blackhawks 3
MLS - Fire 2 (1 MLS Cup + 1 Supporters Shield)

Obscure:
Detroit Rockers/Neon/Ignition & then Cedar Rapids Rampage (indoor soccer) - 1

Total = 9
All of those sports suck.

International soccer
College football
College basketball

These are the only sports that matter.

Disagree? Cool. Fight bar, mo-fuggers!

I took out my minor league ones. My updated total is 9. Middle of the pack. Currently, @SSG T and @CarolinaHawkeye have experienced the most sports joy with 14 and 16 respectively so far. @Moral and @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset are the adults here that have experienced the most fan futility.

I owned a Wellington Hurricanes jersey back as a high school player in the late '90s. I only bought it because Ford was the jersey sponsor and my car was a Taurus. Now, I kind of follow the Otago Highlanders and the Chiefs as well. Chiefs are the smallest metro area to have a Super Rugby team, I believe.

Still waiting for an MLR team in at least a border state. First one here becomes my new "obscure" team I follow closely. In the meantime, I go for the Colorado Raptors with the three Iowa connections on the team. They may become my de facto team the more MLR drags its feet. We've been on the losing end of the last two finals, amigo.
Hurricanes have had some really good teams, so you got lucky!

Yeah the San Diego team I cheer for since it's close and some old teammates either play for them now or played for them (or on the previous major league team in SD). A couple play for the US national 15s team (tough times haha) and one plays for the 7s team.

Joe Taufete'e is the 15s hook and plays pro in England for Worcester. I got to practice on that field and get a tour of the facilities last summer, which was really cool. CSB

Here are mine:

Majors:
NFL - Lions 0
MLB - White Sox
NBA - Pistons 2 (Don’t remember ‘89)

NHL - Blackhawks 3
MLS - Fire 2 (1 MLS Cup + 1 Supporters Shield)

Obscure:
Detroit Rockers/Neon/Ignition & then Cedar Rapids Rampage (indoor soccer) - 1

Total = 9
Bumped, because I should get some sort of medal for this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT