ADVERTISEMENT

White House is throwing it down messaging wise

Did they send one out about Paul Pelosi’s $7MM PPP loan?
He wasn't complaining about the student loan forgiveness..

Misinterpret Over Your Head GIF

Duh... the PPP "loans" were designed to be forgiven from the start.
Handouts is handouts though, aren't they?

Either you're pro-"pay your own damn bills!" or you're not. It's crazy hypocritical to let the government pay off some of your debts, and then complain that they're paying off some of someone else's, just because they're different kinds of debts.

**And for the record, I'm pro-pay your own damn bills, whether it's student loans, employer payrolls, business loans, mortgages, etc.

Either you're pro-"pay your own damn bills!" or you're not. It's crazy hypocritical to let the government pay off some of your debts, and then complain that they're paying off some of someone else's, just because they're different kinds of debts.

**And for the record, I'm pro-pay your own damn bills, whether it's student loans, employer payrolls, business loans, mortgages, etc.
I'm good with this middle class relief but major reforms still needed and yes this is calling out GOP hypocrisy.

I think anyone who takes advantage of loopholes to get out of debt is a true patriot. There is nothing more American.

I am pro-america. And america not paying debts is the only way out of the post Breton woods economic reality. Let’s start normalizing it now so we can justify it in about ten years when the bills are due.

America.

Congress approved every inch of PPP. Congress, which is led by _________, is responsible for the mismanagement of covid relief funds.

Yes, Chis still works in the 'financial industry' as a bank teller/janitor.

Personally disagree with the premise of PPP = student loans.

But this is more of the attitude Dems need to take with R’s overall. They need to be willing to spit in their eye and rub their nose in the dirt once in a while. Fetterman is a prime example.

Congress approved every inch of PPP. Congress, which is led by _________, is responsible for the mismanagement of covid relief funds.

Yes, Chis still works in the 'financial industry' as a bank teller/janitor.
I love that some of you Trumpers annoyed with Chis think someone would lie about working in the mortgage industry. Like that's a super impressive lie to put out there.

Personally disagree with the premise of PPP = student loans.

But this is more of the attitude Dems need to take with R’s overall. They need to be willing to spit in their eye and rub their nose in the dirt once in a while. Fetterman is a prime example.
I don’t think anyone is saying PPP = student loans.

Lots of Republicans are complaining that people should pay back their own debt and not rely on the government to do it for them. If they really, truly believed that, they wouldn’t have taken out any PPP loans and had them forgiven.

It’s just pointing out hypocrisy; no more, no less.

Lots of Republicans are complaining that people should pay back their own debt and not rely on the government to do it for them. If they really, truly believed that, they wouldn’t have taken out any PPP loans and had them forgiven.

But that's where you're wrong. The forgiveness provisions were written into the law.

Student loans? Not so much.

This

NOT WHEN THERE IS A FOREGIVENESS PROVISION IN THE LOAN AGREEMENT TO START WITH!

How are you people so freaking dense?
I could ask you the same question.

These people actively and willingly chose to sign up for a loan from the government so they could get it forgiven. You cannot claim to be against the government forgiving debt when you CHOSE to sign up for a forgivable loan from the government.

It doesn’t matter if the loan forgiveness was written into the law or not - a loan that gets forgiven by the government is a loan that gets forgiven by the government. If you claim to be against it in one circumstance, but took advantage of it in yet another, you are a hypocrite.

Let he, who is without sin, cast the first stone.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
How are you this stupid?

These people actively and willingly chose to sign up for a loan from the government so they could get it forgiven. You cannot claim to be against the government forgiving debt when you CHOSE to sign up for a forgivable loan from the government.

It doesn’t matter if the loan forgiveness was written into the law or not - a loan that gets forgiven by the government is a loan that gets forgiven by the government. If you claim to be against it in one circumstance, but took advantage of it in yet another, you are a hypocrite.

Doubling down on stupid now???

Here was the deal: If you use the money for payroll and other business expenses (so all your employees don't file for unemployment), then you can request forgiveness on repayment.

THAT WAS THE DESIGN OF THE PROGRAM ALL ALONG. Keep people on private payrolls instead of on the public dole.

No one changed the rules later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT