ADVERTISEMENT

White House says Biden not doing SB interview is "part of a larger strategy".

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
"The strategy is an effort to reach voters through different means of communication such as social media."

LOL...wut? Yeah...hardly any voters will be tuned into the Super Bowl. No point in sharing your message there. Much better to have some 23 year old with your Twitter password type your message so Chis can share it here. Definitely the most effective way to get your message out. Good thinking.

It's amazing what these dopes think people will believe.

Here's the history. Looks like it started under Bush, where he gave a very brief prediction. Then Obama did it every year as a reason to talk about football. Then Trump turned the interviews political. Personally I'm more than fine not having them. Seems like they're supposed to be light hearted and centered around the game. If people are looking for political statements I prefer the interviews to drop off.

Here's the history. Looks like it started under Bush, where he gave a very brief prediction. Then Obama did it every year as a reason to talk about football. Then Trump turned the interviews political. Personally I'm more than fine not having them. Seems like they're supposed to be light hearted and centered around the game. If people are looking for political statements I prefer the interviews to drop off.

You didn't even ready your own article, eh?

Also, here's the 2013 Obama interview which is 2 minutes of football and family talk then 7 straight minutes of politics. Before Trump was even a thought.

Reactions: Hawkman34
No doubt. It would be a nightmare for them if they did a live interview. But the excuse that skipping as a part of some larger strategy to get their message out is laughably stupid. That's the only point I'm making here.

I never cared about the interview and trump certainly made it a political stop, so them not doing it doesn't bother me at all.

Prerecorded and approved would certainly make more sense from their perspective but it doesn't allow them to discuss the game (which again, I don't care about). I think the boo birds will be demanding more open access to him for the rest of the year. And the reelection campaign folks better have a plan to debate Trump 1:1. If they don't, it could end up looking bad and continue to feed the opinions that Biden isn't fit.

If either guy has a full blow out in August / Sept, it will get real interesting. Im guessing that Haley and Newsom are sitting in the wings. Or should be.

Reactions: NoleinATL
"The strategy is an effort to reach voters through different means of communication such as social media."

LOL...wut? Yeah...hardly any voters will be tuned into the Super Bowl. No point in sharing your message there. Much better to have some 23 year old with your Twitter password type your message so Chis can share it here. Definitely the most effective way to get your message out. Good thinking.

It's amazing what these dopes think people will believe.
425860127_7296175610428958_296903497598685110_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT