ADVERTISEMENT

White Sox decline option on Tim Anderson

His problems are mental and since it's midnight and Ms. America isn't walking through the door, you've got to find a way to fix his approach and deal with it. Their farm system is garbage, and they don't allocate resources to correcting it - so you're making a statement that dumping a former batting champion for nothing is addition by subtraction.

Plug that one into Sox Math, Benetti.

Reactions: lucas80
Any injury issues? Might be something permanently fudged in his medicals.

Would that be a secret? He played most of the year. They did mention that the injury he got in the 2nd series really set him back for the year.

Maybe he refused to go to 2nd or something like that.

Would that be a secret? He played most of the year. They did mention that the injury he got in the 2nd series really set him back for the year.

Maybe he refused to go to 2nd or something like that.
Depends on the injury. It could be degenarive. Similar to what Brian Anderson has with his shoulder. Or perhaps David Wright or Mo Vaughan type deal.
Another possibility is nobody wanted to trade for him at 12 million and no more control. Or as u say management is dumb.

I thought Hahn had a deal to move him to Miami at the deadline until Williams stepped in and moved Berger instead, the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back for Hahn and Williams

He had a negative 2 WAR and really bad contact numbers. Add the fact that he doesn't walk and I can see why someone might think he's toast.
And defensively he's awful. I'm good with it. I could see him having a bounce back year batting average wise but the power seems to be gone and his legs aren't holding up. Not a good way to spend 14mil so I think it was the right decision.

And defensively he's awful. I'm good with it. I could see him having a bounce back year batting average wise but the power seems to be gone and his legs aren't holding up. Not a good way to spend 14mil so I think it was the right decision.

Are they banking that Montgomery is ready? I get it, but as usual there is no thought out plan B

It looks to me like next year will be a 110 loss type rebuild season. Their best SP last year walked. The bullpen is awful.

Again, I’d like to blow up their scouting department. Maybe 1.5 1st round hits since Alex Fernandez in the early 90s. Sale and .5 Rowand. That’s beyond terrible scouting.

Reactions: WhiteSoxClone
I'm a little surprised.

Seems like they are going to do a total rebuild again

TA He Gone
To think that just a few years ago it looked like they'd successfully pulled off a rebuild and were poised to spend 5-6 years competing at the top of the AL. I wish that there was a bit more loyalty in sports. I think that owners are generally too quick to pull the trigger on GMs and coaches. But Reinsdorf is loyal to a fault and its cost the Sox. The 2005 WS ring bought Williams two decades of futility. But now, even that season, upon reflection, looks like it was a bit of luck. They had some very good players, but they also had a bunch of midlevel players all have career seasons in the same year..

To think that just a few years ago it looked like they'd successfully pulled off a rebuild and were poised to spend 5-6 years competing at the top of the AL. I wish that there was a bit more loyalty in sports. I think that owners are generally too quick to pull the trigger on GMs and coaches. But Reinsdorf is loyal to a fault and its cost the Sox. The 2005 WS ring bought Williams two decades of futility. But now, even that season, upon reflection, looks like it was a bit of luck. They had some very good players, but they also had a bunch of midlevel players all have career seasons in the same year..

Nearly every WS winning team has to have some of that luck.

Are they banking that Montgomery is ready? I get it, but as usual there is no thought out plan B

It looks to me like next year will be a 110 loss type rebuild season. Their best SP last year walked. The bullpen is awful.
I think it's going to be Montgomery and Sosa up the middle and a patch work pitching staff. 100 losses here we come :(

TA was a hitting machine for a good 4-5 years...one bad year and gone for nothing?
They could not get a prospect or 2 at deadline?
Fire Williams/Hahn again for good measure!

This was a career ender right here. Never was the same.

jose-ramirez-jose-ramirez-fight.gif

A shame they couldn't have flipped him for something before the deadline last year and also a shame that this is how it ends for Tim and the Sox.

He was fun when he would contend for the batting title and double digit homers. The defensive errors and getting picked off first were less tolerable when your OBP is sub .300 and only one HR.

The white Sox medical and training staffs are basically the reason that Anderson, jiminez, Robert, Moncada, and Kopech all underperformed and subsequently had diminished careers after they couldn’t recover properly from injury imo.

The running-related injuries are pathetic and Anderson had one iirc. For a guy that put a lot of balls in play, he needed to maintain his speed to be successful

Hard to be a fan of this team. It's easy to hate ownership, bemoan the things that didn't work out, actually find some amusement in just how bad they've been in stretches. The hard part is finding anything to be happy or excited about. The manager is a dud. The stars are hurt duds with inconsistent effort. Good stories like Jake Burger are traded away. Benetti bails. The new guy is cringey.

The only good things left are Stone, Chuck & Ozzie, and tickets are especially cheap.

The good thing is that nobody saw it
I saw it..yea I'm the one.
Ump screwed kopech on non-3rd strike call immediately before winning sac fly.
I think Robert probably forgot the winning run advanced to 3rd on the wild pitch after the missed call. The whole team is shell-shocked.

I’m impressed that you’re still watching. It was funny for me for a little while but that ended in April

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT