ADVERTISEMENT

Who buys this carp?

QChawks

HB King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
baked-carp-562828.jpg

Howard Sprague caught “Old Sam” the carp in Andy Griffith episode “Big Fish in a Small Town”, which was the only color episode worth a damn in my opinion.

E6-C7-D7-A2-CE8-B-47-BC-83-AF-6-B83-B436-C84-F.png
That is a pretty small carp by Mississippi River standards.

Here is the massive gold-colored one my buddy caught up by Prairie Du Chien last spring:

IMG-0769.jpg

If you ever eat "fish sticks", you're actually buying carp (along with any other fish in the river).

Used to catch them for my grandfather. He loved them and didn't mind the bones.
Dad and I would smoke them and they were pretty good that way.
Solid white meat after cutting the red line out.

A fond childhood memory of fishing below one the DSM River dams....a dad teaching his kids to take baseball bat to a carp that had been caught.....Deep Moments with Jack Handy

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkman98
I haven't had scored deep fried Carp for several years, but it is delicious IMO. Smoked also great.

Reactions: Moral
the only fishing rod I ever broke was while catching a monster carp from the Iowa River. Landed it by pulling the line hand-over-hand, but after I saw what is was, I threw it back.
I know, CSB

Reactions: torbee
How to tell us you’re a poor, without telling us that you’re a poor.

Eh it’s wrong anyways. The great majority of fish sticks including Gorton’s and Van De Camp are 100% Alaskan Pollock. The only brands I could find that have carp are Kosherific and Silverfin neither of which are carried by Publix, Amazon or Whole Foods.

Reactions: runkpanole
I caught a tagged carp from the carp contest in Blackhawk lake. Unfortunately it was 3 days after the contest. Woulda been worth $500 on Sunday but it was worth $50 on Wednesday. Lol
20220830-184359.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT