ADVERTISEMENT

Who should start for Iowa?

Who should start for the Iowa Men's Basketball team?

• 1) Keegan Murray

Votes: 216 99.5%
  • 2) Jordan Bohannon

Votes: 101 46.5%
  • 3) Connor McCaffery

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • 4) Ahron Ulis

Votes: 32 14.7%
  • 5) Kris Murray

Votes: 122 56.2%
  • 6) Tony Perkins

Votes: 93 42.9%
  • 7) Patrick McCaffery

Votes: 124 57.1%
  • 8) Payton Sandfort

Votes: 59 27.2%
  • 9) Filip Rebraca

Votes: 150 69.1%
  • 10) Joe Toussaint

Votes: 174 80.2%

• Total voters
Joe T
JBo
Keegan
PMac
Rebraca

But this could certainly change quickly. Sandfort could take JBo's spot if he proves to be able to play at a high level in Big Ten play.

Perkins has looked great and I could see going with a 3 guard lineup of JoeT, JBo, and Perkins.

Kris Looks good and as he gains experience could take PMac's spot in the starting lineup.

Good problem to have. We have a lot of guys good enough for consideration.

Wait, please Edit and add Josh Ogundele…

He should be starting and playing meaningful minutes…

keegan is the most valuable asset, followed by Kris (although that point is still debatable), and to optimize this teams rebounding, rim protection and overall defense, while shielding the 2 best players from minutes reducing fouls ( which allows them more courts minutes to stuff stat sheets ) Ogundele must be in there to absorb those fouls and defend the paint.
OK, we’ve seen Rebraca in the post, umm, a good guy for the rotation, but he is really more like a shooting forward in the Big Sky and not a center in the countries most physical league, so no, please don’t say Rebraca.

we’ve seen a lot of P Mac, and there’s a lot to like, but defending the post? His lil Brother is probably better at post defense, (Although ConMac probably shouldn’t be in the top 10 player rotation) , so, no, P Mac is not a low pot defender or really much of a defensive rebounder, so no, he can’t play low either (but give him 25 minutes on the wing OK)

pleas add Ogundele. TY

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cheddarwurst69

keegan is the most valuable asset, followed by Kris (although that point is still debatable), and to optimize this teams rebounding, rim protection and overall defense, while shielding the 2 best players from minutes reducing fouls ( which allows them more courts minutes to stuff stat sheets ) Ogundele must be in there to absorb those fouls and defend the paint.
OK, we’ve seen Rebraca in the post, umm, a good guy for the rotation, but he is really more like a shooting forward in the Big Sky and not a center in the countries most physical league, so no, please don’t say Rebraca.

we’ve seen a lot of P Mac, and there’s a lot to like, but defending the post? His lil Brother is probably better at post defense, (Although ConMac probably shouldn’t be in the top 10 player rotation) , so, no, P Mac is not a low pot defender or really much of a defensive rebounder, so no, he can’t play low either (but give him 25 minutes on the wing OK)

pleas add Ogundele. TY

Stop drinking

I like the starting lineup as is with Pat, not Conner. Conner should not be on the court with JBo, the offense is just to herky jerky with those two together. They just have to work too hard to get a good shot off. And the defense is to slow footed. Conner works ok with Ulis and Perkins, along with either Murrey. It depends who we play as to how we matchup with other teams. Just keep those two off the court together.

Starting line up that we had worked well together, and the second line coming in with Kris, Ulis, Perkins, Sandfort and CMac also plays well together, with some extra Keegan. Not sure Mulvey and Big O are ready for prime time, except in small spurts.

Reactions: kceasthawk
I suspect Fran will run the same 5 guys out all season regardless of performance. I agree with others that the starting 5 is not as important as Fran making better/faster decisions with the bench. If Jbo isn't making shots and Connor won't take shots, then both need to find the bench earlier and stay there if others are contributing. Kris Murray is an emerging star and needs more PT. Perkins is showing signs of being the slasher this team desperately needs. Sandfort has already made me forget about what's his name that went to Kentucky.

I am starting JBo and JoeT in the backcourt because of their defense.

JBo (and JoeT) led the team in steals Monday night with 3 each. That's elite, baby!

After seeing what I saw Monday night, I can see JBo making the B1G All Defensive Team!

And don't accuse me of overreacting and saying that JBo only got those steals because of a weak opponent! ;)

J/k, of course.

I think we all just need to tap the brakes just a little bit; our first 5 opponents have been bad and Western Michigan was REALLY bad.

pleas add Ogundele. TY
I could only do 10 and Josh would be #13.

Ogundele is likely a major liability on defense against most teams. We saw it for years with Garza he couldn’t guard smaller teams and they would destroy him with screens. Rebaca is a huge defensive upgrade with his athleticism and being able to switch on defenders.
After 5 games advanced metrics have 4 players with a sub-90 rating ( with 100 being average )

Keegan
Kris
Perk
wait for it…….

Josh Ogundele

JoeT is at 90.1

Not surprisingly, this is the 5 I’ve recently put forth would be the best combination to optimize iowas overall defense efficiency while still maintaining a high level of offensive efficiency

After 5 games advanced metrics have 4 players with a sub-90 rating ( with 100 being average )

Keegan
Kris
Perk
wait for it…….

Josh Ogundele

JoeT is at 90.1

Not surprisingly, this is the 5 I’ve recently put forth would be the best combination to optimize iowas overall defense efficiency while still maintaining a high level of offensive efficiency
This why I still trust my eyes over some of the numbers these metric devotees spew out.

Reactions: KcTo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT