ADVERTISEMENT

Who would be a good hire for Jensen to go after?

I thought Jensen made a comment during the presser that seemed to imply that Abby would move into the top assistant role.

Tangela Smith, another Hawkeye legend (1998 B1G POY), is a AC at Northwestern. She may be looking to head up a program herself by this point but might consider it as well. She is a post coach so she could replace Jan in that sense (though idk if their styles are the same) and is farther along in her career as well so the AC level would be fitting. But she may not want to play against her current school every year.
I have assumed that Tangela is the coach in waiting for whenever Joe McKeown decides to step down, which should be by now.

I have assumed that Tangela is the coach in waiting for whenever Joe McKeown decides to step down, which should be by now.
Probably. Joe is likely stepping down / getting fired after this season, so if we're interested, this could be our last chance to get her! :)

They won't be hiring Molly, there are plenty of very good asst. coaches that are extremely more qualified, who would love to be a part of Iowa's culture.
I don't even know if she is interested in coaching, but someone threw her name out there, so I was just saying why that would be a bad idea. And if anything she wouldn't be more that a grad assistant at this point anyway which wouldn't be what they are looking for.

You need to give that BS a rest. If you listened to Jan's presser or previous interviews you can tell she is more than qualified. Age, race or sexual orientation should not go into a hiring decision. Hire the most qualified, period.
Has nothing to do with qualifications

My post was directed at the thought of Molly Davis being a coach, and dating a player.

Margaret McCaffery
Hawks need to suit her up. Fearless and aggressive in the post. Was a pretty good talent in her days at ND actually.

images

Cross Kathleen Doyle off the list - she's now the Director of Recruiting at West Virginia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT