• Northwestern by 10

Votes: 24 11.3%
  • Nebraska by 10

Votes: 73 34.4%
  • Northwestern by 3

Votes: 82 38.7%
  • Nebraska by 3

Votes: 24 11.3%
  • They both fail to score a point and go into 25 overtimes and finally call it off to boredom

Votes: 9 4.2%

• Total voters
nebraska has been busy in the offseason. from what we know they likely have the best ol in b1g, 2nd best qb, highest rated transfer class, influx of astute coaches. their D has apparently made strides from an already decent state. New ST coach as well. they’ll be in mid season form to give sf a big win on an international stage. Northwestern likes to start slow and usually wakes up slowly around mid october.

56-14 huskers but wouldn’t mind it if the wildcats pull out a cunning win.
Wtf?

I honestly and sincerely do not understand what people are seeing in regards to Nebraska

Nebraska was 3 and 9 a season ago

what is going on that is leading people to believe they will be any better... let alone this idea they could 9 games?

this is year 5 ... and he has yet to produce one single winning season...
he's never been .500 at Nebraska

so all of sudden he's gonna win 9 games?? based on what ?!
They were the best 3-9 team ever though. They almost didn’t lose every game they lost. Not to mention all the studs they got in the portal. Am I doing this right HuskerCrazedHawkeye? Laugh if you think Nebraska will win 4 or more games this year.

Opposite
NW is missing their old DC big time and has a pretty unathletic roster compared to Nebby. Even Frost can't screw this up.
I hate to admit it ... but this is how I see it too.

Until Northwestern "refinds" its feet on D ... it's hard NOT to see them in the cellar of the west.

Northwestern absolutely got murdered last year by much of the B1G ... Iowa being one of the few teams to not pound them into the ground. Of course, part of that was attributable to it being the first game where Padilla effectively started. Also, the fact that Iowa's O sucked (as a whole) ... also played into the equation.

I did not...this thread?

cmhawks99 said:
With that said an incredible line Nebraska +13.5?

Many of you apparently don’t know this but as much as Pat Fitzgerald has done for Northwestern there are the same percentage of fans 15 to 20% that continually lament Pat Fitzgerald!

If Nebraska comes out and rolls them I’m not really sure what to think… On one hand Northwestern notoriously starts extremely slow on the other hand I honestly don’t know… I’m not sure the outcome of this game will tell us much about any of these teams!

However, I am pulling Northwestern and I honestly can’t stand Northwestern as a football or basketball program!!
Nebby +13.5??? Isn't that a no-brainier to take nebby?

This is a copy from my post, with the post I quoted.

I honestly and sincerely do not understand what people are seeing in regards to Nebraska

what is going on that is leading people to believe they will be any better... let alone this idea they could 9 games?

A considerably weaker schedule seems to be the argument.

• Haha
Reactions: IowaBuffoon4Skers
nebraska has been busy in the offseason. from what we know they likely have the best ol in b1g, 2nd best qb, highest rated transfer class, influx of astute coaches. their D has apparently made strides from an already decent state. New ST coach as well. they’ll be in mid season form to give sf a big win on an international stage. Northwestern likes to start slow and usually wakes up slowly around mid october.

Fitz will try to muddy this up and keep the score down. He out Iowa’s Iowa. But, I do think Nebraska wins big.

The sarcasm meter is tacking out ... it's being accurate, right?

I know that Husker faithful might think that they have the best OL in the B1G ... but they might be the only ones. The Husker OL-play has been disjoint, at best, over the past several years. Even with a new OL coach ... this is his first rodeo as an OL coach for a D1 program. Will be interesting to see how they fare ...

The sarcasm meter is tacking out ... it's being accurate, right?

I know that Husker faithful might think that they have the best OL in the B1G ... but they might be the only ones. The Husker OL-play has been disjoint, at best, over the past several years. Even with a new OL coach ... this is his first rodeo as an OL coach for a D1 program. Will be interesting to see how they fare ...
Yes but they have been puking 15-20 times per practice, I guarantee you no one else in the BIG is putting up those kind of numbers, and they LOVE it.

You underestimate their moral victories from last year - they had 9 of them!

I think its because that is the bare minimum number of wins for Frost to keep his job.

Is Scott frost still coaching at UNLLLLLLL? Then I’ll take NW.

also very good article in the athletic on Adrian Martinez. Lot of respect for the kid after reading it. Tough as nails breaking his jaw vs msu. As much as he would choke the last 5 min lot of those game they aren’t in it if it wasn’t for him like Michigan or Wisc games. Guess my point being if with the Texas transfer think they take a step back at qb play this year even with new OC.

Pretty cool putting the Tri Color in their helmet logo for the game ..............

FbB2dHdX0AAShX9

Well...if the odds makers have made Nebraska a 13.5 point favorite...my only explanation is that they have been reading all the press releases out of Lincoln this summer. Hell...I read those things and I start thinking...damn, they are really going to be good...then Troy comes to Lincoln, and Troy is the more physical team and beats them going away.

I'll be the first to admit that Nebraska has gotten better. That being said...they weren't loaded on the offensive or defensive lines coming into the year. I know they had a couple of very good DL transfers (TCU dude for one), but you have to have depth too...especially on the defensive line.

Unlike Iowa, Nebraska's style of offense is more suited to attack NW...as they will get the ball in space and stretch the field. That being said...first game...and Patty Fitzgerald in Ireland is a tough draw.

I'd take NW and the points.

I think the Bug Eaters are probably a much more talented team. Does anyone think Frost is a good coach. This is exactly the kind of game Frost loses. I also think Wiley will finish last, which makes the high profile loss so fun.

• Haha
Reactions: IowaBuffoon4Skers
I’ll put it in simple terms for our laugh-emoji friend: Scott Frost is a loser. He’s a losing football coach, and not much of a better person either. Teams are a reflection of their coach.

That being said, he made a hell of a hire at OC, Chinander has done a nice job with the defense, and I think Casey Thompson is a fine QB. So, if Scott Frost gets out of the damn way, they could have a solid season. But being that Scott Frost is a loser with issues, I don’t trust him to not eff this up somehow.

He’s Ron Zook.

I hate to admit it ... but this is how I see it too.

Until Northwestern "refinds" its feet on D ... it's hard NOT to see them in the cellar of the west.

Northwestern absolutely got murdered last year by much of the B1G ... Iowa being one of the few teams to not pound them into the ground. Of course, part of that was attributable to it being the first game where Padilla effectively started. Also, the fact that Iowa's O sucked (as a whole) ... also played into the equation.
Boy ... happy I was wrong!

Northwestern looked like the sort of team that makes things tough on Iowa ... however, they still don't look like a terribly great team.

Huskers gonna husker ... 'tis all!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT