• Northwestern by 10

Votes: 24 11.3%
  • Nebraska by 10

Votes: 73 34.4%
  • Northwestern by 3

Votes: 82 38.7%
  • Nebraska by 3

Votes: 24 11.3%
  • They both fail to score a point and go into 25 overtimes and finally call it off to boredom

Votes: 9 4.2%

• Total voters
Opposite
NW is missing their old DC big time and has a pretty unathletic roster compared to Nebby. Even Frost can't screw this up.

With that said an incredible line Nebraska +13.5?

Many of you apparently don’t know this but as much as Pat Fitzgerald has done for Northwestern there are the same percentage of fans 15 to 20% that continually lament Pat Fitzgerald!

If Nebraska comes out and rolls them I’m not really sure what to think… On one hand Northwestern notoriously starts extremely slow on the other hand I honestly don’t know… I’m not sure the outcome of this game will tell us much about any of these teams!

However, I am pulling Northwestern and I honestly can’t stand Northwestern as a football or basketball program!!

I'm usually wrong on predictions for what its worth. I think both start slow not because the defenses are good but the offenses are making mistakes. Overthrows and negative plays on early runs. In the late first qtr or into the 2nd both get into a rhythm. The difference is one team converts more red zone chances into TDs and the other into FG. 24-20 Nebraska. I wouldn't be surprised if one or both miss a key fg.

nebraska has been busy in the offseason. from what we know they likely have the best ol in b1g, 2nd best qb, highest rated transfer class, influx of astute coaches. their D has apparently made strides from an already decent state. New ST coach as well. they’ll be in mid season form to give sf a big win on an international stage. Northwestern likes to start slow and usually wakes up slowly around mid october.

56-14 huskers but wouldn’t mind it if the wildcats pull out a cunning win.

It would be great if Nebraska could lose the game on a blocked punt or something. Frost has said all summer he's been really involved with special teams. That would be a fitting start to the year.

I think Nebraska is the more athletic team...and deeper team...but never underestimate an Irishman (Fitzgerald) returning to the homeland. He'll be able to take a punch and won't quit. He's definitely going to get some licks in. Then it's Lucky Charms for everyone!

With that said an incredible line Nebraska +13.5?

Many of you apparently don’t know this but as much as Pat Fitzgerald has done for Northwestern there are the same percentage of fans 15 to 20% that continually lament Pat Fitzgerald!

If Nebraska comes out and rolls them I’m not really sure what to think… On one hand Northwestern notoriously starts extremely slow on the other hand I honestly don’t know… I’m not sure the outcome of this game will tell us much about any of these teams!

However, I am pulling Northwestern and I honestly can’t stand Northwestern as a football or basketball program!!
Nebby +13.5??? Isn't that a no-brainier to take nebby?

Nebby +13.5??? Isn't that a no-brainier to take nebby?
Well…. I don’t gamble anymore, except in the stock market and stepping out of my house every day… But that is an unusually high line?! To me anyway. And the old axiom is; if it seems out of line and you should naturally go the other way, then you bet big on the favorite!!!

So yes,….but still, an unappreciated Northwestern and Pat Fitzgerald in Ireland! Damn glad we aren’t playing them over there….

I've been calling for Nebby to be tough since they hired Frost. I'm 0 for forever. Lol
I'm calling them to be good this year. 9 wins.
Hey, even a broken clock is right twice a day. Lol
Btw, I am in no way, shape or form a Nebby fan.
I actually thought Frost would be a better coach than he has turned out to be.

Last edited:
Well…. I don’t gamble anymore, except in the stock market and stepping out of my house every day… But that is an unusually high line?! To me anyway. And the old axiom is; if it seems out of line and you should naturally go the other way, then you bet big on the favorite!!!

So yes,….but still, an unappreciated Northwestern and Pat Fitzgerald in Ireland! Damn glad we aren’t playing them over there….

Based on you thinking Nebraska is getting 13.5 points I doubt if you’ve ever gambled.

I honestly and sincerely do not understand what people are seeing in regards to Nebraska

Nebraska was 3 and 9 a season ago

what is going on that is leading people to believe they will be any better... let alone this idea they could 9 games?

this is year 5 ... and he has yet to produce one single winning season...
he's never been .500 at Nebraska

so all of sudden he's gonna win 9 games?? based on what ?!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT