ADVERTISEMENT

Why are “sanctuary cities” having a hard time taking in migrants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mayors are asking for resources and coordination, and are not saying that they do not want to assist. They are also against using human beings as props, and being cruel to vulnerable human beings.
It's interesting that you use virtue signaling, yet don't grasp what Abbott and DeSaster are doing is a pointless exercise in signaling. It's also interesting that you and Coffland14 forget to mention that so many of these people are lied to. But, you guys seem okay with lying and breaking US laws as long as your narrative is signaled.
The US needs comprehensive immigration reform, but that's hard, and you'd be labeled as pro brown person. Death sentence for a Republican these days.
Whole lot of team blue excuse making and deflection right there. Impressive.

human trafficking
Then joe biden himself is guilty of human trafficking because he's also been using tax dollars to fly migrants across the country.

To answer OP's question, it's because it was all nothing but lip service in the first place. It's amazing watching the fake virtue of the left be exposed in real time (I laughed especially hard when the elites in martha's vineyard tantrumed as soon as 50 of these people showed up there lol)

A large percentage actually do not want to go to these cities and cold climates in winter.
But those cities have previously promised to provide housing. As far as I know, they still are but now they're blocking people from getting there. It's easy to say "you are welcome and we'll take care of you" when you're closing the gate.

What

A stupid response. I'm not in Congress. Like it or lump it but this won't lead to bi partisan solutions. Stunts rarely do. Rs don't want solutions. They want to rile up their base
D’s don’t want solutions either…wake the F up.

The mayors are asking for resources and coordination, and are not saying that they do not want to assist. They are also against using human beings as props, and being cruel to vulnerable human beings.
It's interesting that you use virtue signaling, yet don't grasp what Abbott and DeSaster are doing is a pointless exercise in signaling. It's also interesting that you and Coffland14 forget to mention that so many of these people are lied to. But, you guys seem okay with lying and breaking US laws as long as your narrative is signaled.
The US needs comprehensive immigration reform, but that's hard, and you'd be labeled as pro brown person. Death sentence for a Republican these days.
Blah blah blah

What

A stupid response. I'm not in Congress. Like it or lump it but this won't lead to bi partisan solutions. Stunts rarely do. Rs don't want solutions. They want to rile up their base
They passed HR2 and sent it to Schumer. He’s done nothing. Don’t like, change it and send it back.

They passed HR2 and sent it to Schumer. He’s done nothing. Don’t like, change it and send it back.
Rs owned everything for two years under Trump. Why didn't they pass reform then? Why wait until they lost the WH and Senate?

Rs owned everything for two years under Trump. Why didn't they pass reform then? Why wait until they lost the WH and Senate?
Dems had both for two years under Biden. Why didn’t they do anything? Because they want the border wide open.

Now they have passed something and the Dems don’t want anything to do with fixing that mess.

Normally I would agree with that general principle, but have you read that bill? I just jumped around in it a bit and there's a lot of nutty stuff in there. I saw nothing that was helpful before I gave up.

Now I'm no expert and, frankly, don't really care. But a glance at that bill doesn't make me think it was written by folks who actually want to address border problems.

At least you admit that the constant Republican handwringing over the border, and their endless whining, is nothing more than empty red meat for their stupid base.
It’s red meat.

Lots of “red meat” out there…sad you only see one type and injest and spew the other.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
Normally I would agree with that general principle, but have you read that bill? I just jumped around in it a bit and there's a lot of nutty stuff in there. I saw nothing that was helpful before I gave up.

Now I'm no expert and, frankly, don't really care. But a glance at that bill doesn't make me think it was written by folks who actually want to address border problems.

And we know the Democrats wouldn’t dare amend it to improve it and send it back. Why would they ever want to stop the flow of illegal immigration.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
Dems had both for two years under Biden. Why didn’t they do anything? Because they want the border wide open.

Now they have passed something and the Dems don’t want anything to do with fixing that mess.
Dems did. They did infrastructure and a bunch of other stuff. With zero help from the Rs. Meanwhile the Rs completely blew off the border when they were in charge and then passed some joke bill after they lost both the WH and Senate that they refuse to compromise with the Dems with.

It's ok for you to admit that the Rs aren't serious about immigration.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
And we know the Democrats wouldn’t dare amend it to improve it and send it back. Why would they ever want to stop the flow of illegal immigration.
Rs cant even hold onto a Speaker. What makes you think they are in any shape to craft bipartisan immigration bills?

It’s red meat.

Lots of “red meat” out there…sad you only see one type and injest and spew the other.
Funny, the Dems actually pass stuff for their red meat. The Rs just bitch endlessly then conveniently forget to find solutions when they get in charge.

Beyond tax cuts I'm struggling to think of any major legislation the Rs have passed in my lifetime.

Dems did. They did infrastructure and a bunch of other stuff. With zero help from the Rs. Meanwhile the Rs completely blew off the border when they were in charge and then passed some joke bill after they lost both the WH and Senate that they refuse to compromise with the Dems with.

It's ok for you to admit that the Rs aren't serious about immigration.
You mean like remain in Mexico which Biden shitcanned?

Why is it that the right is incapable of understanding the concept of a sanctuary city?

Are they deliberately stupid or just too lazy to think?
Why is it that the left is incapable of understanding the consequences of a sanctuary city?

Are they deliberately stupid or too lazy to think?

Reactions: hawkland14
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT