ADVERTISEMENT

Why didn't Donald pick Haley?

Huey Grey

HB King
Jan 15, 2013
I mean, we all know why. Vance will do whatever Trump wants including never stepping down. But from a purely political perspective, wouldn't Haley have been the smarter pick?

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Not white. Has a vagina. Probably too ambitious for Trump's tastes. Makes him look stupid by comparison.
Haley isn’t white? I forgot she lost that beauty contest because she was to dark lol. How about the fact she’s a MIC war pig stooge and a fraud. Her base is DemoKlan open state voters. Never seen or heard anyone like Haley this isn’t a deep state war mongering POS and you lib dips

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Yes. Rubio would also have been a smarter pick.
At least Rubio helps with Florida. Biden probably doesn't have a great shot in that state, but it's not a lock. Vance brings nothing. Ohio is a lock for Trump and the voters Vance inspired are the voters Trump already has under his belt.

I mean, we all know why. Vance will do whatever Trump wants including never stepping down. But from a purely political perspective, wouldn't Haley have been the smarter pick?
Vance was a dumb pick. He was a never Trumper. That should indicate that he still thinks Trump is a dumbass and possibly dangerous. Which means in a sticky situation (like Pence was in) he might -- probably would -- turn on him.

Reactions: funksouljon
Vance was a dumb pick. He was a never Trumper. That should indicate that he still thinks Trump is a dumbass and possibly dangerous. Which means in a sticky situation (like Pence was in) he might -- probably would -- turn on him.
I heard an interview of his former childhood friend and college roommate. He said that Vance has had a hard life and had to claw his way up from nothing. Which is admirable. But that he also got angrier and vindictive as he got older.

Haley isn’t white? I forgot she lost that beauty contest because she was to dark lol. How about the fact she’s a MIC war pig stooge and a fraud. Her base is DemoKlan open state voters. Never seen or heard anyone like Haley this isn’t a deep state war mongering POS and you lib dips
Your English needs a lot of work, comrade.

Reactions: franklinman
Not white. Has a vagina. Probably too ambitious for Trump's tastes. Makes him look stupid by comparison.
Inglourious Basterds Bingo GIF

Reactions: lucas80
At least Rubio helps with Florida. Biden probably doesn't have a great shot in that state, but it's not a lock. Vance brings nothing. Ohio is a lock for Trump and the voters Vance inspired are the voters Trump already has under his belt.
You aren’t smart enough to realize you answered your own question in your response

Because she wants to remain in good standing with team republican.

I'm sure she views him as a narcissistic idiot like me.

Most intelligent people do.

But they find him useful and they're careerists. That says something sad about politicians in America.

They'll tell you that yes, he's flawed, but we're going to do good things with him at the helm -- read: party things; republican things -- and I don't think think he's going to cause any terrible problems. We made it through 1/6. On balance it's going to be good for the country. (mediated by the self interest that is a career in party politics)

That's exactly what's how Halley and so many other intelligent conservatives justify this.

Of course, in 1920s/30s Germany the conservative party also viewed Hitler as a useful idiot. That's where I really hate those intelligent conservatives -- their appetite for risk.

(to be intelligent does not mean to also be wise)

This is all very obvious if you're not a ****ing idiot. Non idiots see this.

And, no, don't be a ****ing idiot -- I'm not saying the risk of Trump is the risk of Hitler... I am saying he's absolutely a risk not worth taking if you've got a drop of patriotism pulsing through your veins. Post WW2 conservatives would hate your ****ing guts. That's the period most conservatives fondly remember, the button down patriotic monoculture that was 1950s America. The political immune system of the 1950s would've rejected Trump immediately. Conservatives today are unpatriotic cowards, their party is overrun with spineless self-interested careerists.

Last edited:
Haley was widely booed at the RNC tonight. So much for unity.
"Supposedly" and I put supposedly in quotes because who knows, but she wasn't even going to do a speech and only did because Donald was shot.

Also, how dumb are Trump supporters? He vitally needs her voters. Probably not smart to give them a reason to not vote in November.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT