ADVERTISEMENT

Why hasn’t trump been arrested yet?

Just an innocent mistake.
50bddae1214240f4aab47687e467185a_md.jpg

Hopefully they do it soon. This is getting old.
An actual attorney can likely answer this, but would a grand jury would have to be impaneled and make a determination that charges should be filed prior to an arrest?

There is no way in hell the DOJ is going to arrest a former president unless it has an ironclad case in hand. And nor should there be a rush. It is too important and too politically fraught to rush.

You're assuming they don't have enough crooks in place to steal the election. They are already there in some states, and that number is likely to rise in the midterms.
Positioning early for the "election was stolen" argument here.

As I always say, the losers always cry foul, it's a thing now.

And the beat goes on...nobody wants to fix it, from registration to the polls...

Reactions: Hawkeyenuts66
An actual attorney can likely answer this, but would a grand jury would have to be impaneled and make a determination that charges should be filed prior to an arrest?

There is no way in hell the DOJ is going to arrest a former president unless it has an ironclad case in hand. And nor should there be a rush. It is too important and too politically fraught to rush.
If he's being charged with a federal crime, then yes to your first question.

Reactions: torbee

No. Many federal criminal defendants are initially arrested on "complaints." In these cases a grand jury can be impaneled and indict later.

Reactions: torbee
You're assuming they don't have enough crooks in place to steal the election. They are already there in some states, and that number is likely to rise in the midterms.
This. If Democrats lose the House and Senate this year, 2024 is already decided. There won't be any more Democratic presidents allowed. I heard a guy today say that if Trump gets back in the White House he will completely ignore all laws he doesn't agree with, which he did a little before, and dare the SC to do something. Nothing the Senate or House could do to him, if they wanted to, would work because he would simply just ignore it.

Authoritarian. It's still very close because an entire party is trying for it and their voters refuse to see it. The party of Reagan is dead. It's Trump's white Christian Nationalist party now.

Is there any evidence Trump did that, or is that just speculation?
There is circumstantial evidence right now. Also many of us would like to know why the Saudi's gave Kushner 2 billion. What did Kushner/Trump hand over worth TWO BILLION dollars.

The investigation is still going. Garland will take down Trump on his timeline. Not ours. Your president is a traitor. Your party is full of traitors. I still want to know why Congressional Republicans spent July 4th in Moscow. Real patriots in your party.

I heard a guy today say that if Trump gets back in the White House he will completely ignore all laws he doesn't agree with, which he did a little before, and dare the SC to do something. Nothing the Senate or House could do to him, if they wanted to, would work because he would simply just ignore it.

The fact that you would even give credence to comments like this explains a lot...

The fact that you would even give credence to comments like this explains a lot...
Oh, he won't ignore everything. He'd just be a lot better this time around at surrounding himself with corrupt underlings. For the first half of his time in office he was fairly muzzled. The last two months are what we'd see again. Retribution. Roving goons in various agencies. An AG that will make Barr look good by comparison.

The longer this goes on, the more difficult it becomes for Republicans to sit on the fence in regards to their support/non support of Turd.

That's a winnable scenario for Dems in November. 45 on the ballot in 2024 will yield the same result as 2020. Voting against Turd is like a vote for Dem candidates.

Win/win.

Reactions: VodkaSam
There is circumstantial evidence right now. Also many of us would like to know why the Saudi's gave Kushner 2 billion. What did Kushner/Trump hand over worth TWO BILLION dollars.

The investigation is still going. Garland will take down Trump on his timeline. Not ours. Your president is a traitor. Your party is full of traitors. I still want to know why Congressional Republicans spent July 4th in Moscow. Real patriots in your party.
I would like to know why Hunter got billions from China.

Reactions: Speedway1
Garland has to get this perfectly right. MAGAs are going to freak out even if he does, and he can't give them any mistakes to use as ammo. Because shoot someone on 5th Ave.
A little bit of a slow walk is okay in this. Get everything nailed down. Get some more people on record. And, I think down the road this is the one case where someone may flip on him pretty hard. He's got two lawyers looking at federal time over this. Someone has already been talking, that is clear.
And, slow walking this a little might actually lower the temperature. Allow for acceptance of what is coming. Go fully through the motions. Maybe arrest an underling or two first.

A little bit of a slow walk is okay in this. Get everything nailed down. Get some more people on record. And, I think down the road this is the one case where someone may flip on him pretty hard. He's got two lawyers looking at federal time over this. Someone has already been talking, that is clear.
And, slow walking this a little might actually lower the temperature. Allow for acceptance of what is coming. Go fully through the motions. Maybe arrest an underling or two first.
Any day now right? Any day

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
Is there any evidence Trump did that, or is that just speculation?
There are a couple of articles out there that the feds were concerned with the number of operatives that were being killed. They will want solid proof before charging Trump if he were the cause, and maybe they don't even go in this direction either due to lack of concrete evidence or not wanting to upset the public. There is no concrete evidence yet Finance but there is plenty of smoke.

Any day now right? Any day
No, I'd say several months. I do not think that Garland feels any need to look at the political calendar on this case. Trump is a private citizen.
Just for fun, and I know you are totally a straight shooter who only voted for Trump twice because you simply had no choice, do you think he's in a good spot legally?

Reactions: MitchLL and torbee
Nothing is going to happen until after the election, if it does at all.

The hard deadline the DOJ imposes would be September 10.

So if they do arrest, it would be in late November at the earliest and because of speedy trial rules, they would need to be ready to go. That would include being ready to try any people who helped get the docs from the WH to MAL. We haven’t heard anything on that front at all.

I don’t think they are there yet and still don’t think it will happen but the odds are going up every day and it’s Trump’s fault.

The funny part is the DOJ likely would have just accepted the voluntary return this summer and said no harm no foul, but Trump’s stalls, his “mine, mine, mine” response, and his failure to return everything the first few times has pushed them into the position where they may have to indict.

Oh, he won't ignore everything. He'd just be a lot better this time around at surrounding himself with corrupt underlings. For the first half of his time in office he was fairly muzzled. The last two months are what we'd see again. Retribution. Roving goons in various agencies. An AG that will make Barr look good by comparison.

So I take it that you and Tom are twin brothers...

Reactions: doughuddl2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT