ADVERTISEMENT

Why Is Haiti Trending Again?

Funny, the (mostly) white, elitist-type arseholes in Martha’s Vineyard who could only tolerate around 50 icky foreigners for 48 hrs before busing them out of town want Springfielders to just STFU and deal with 20,000 of them.

The hypocrisy never ends.
Only a moron would think you could drop 20k migrants from a place like Haiti into a deteriorated rust belt cracker town of 50-60k.

Funny the very real questions get stamped out by very real stupidity and meme explosions.

Reactions: MichaelKeller99
Only a moron would think you could drop 20k migrants from a place like Haiti into a deteriorated rust belt cracker town of 50-60k.

Funny the very real questions get stamped out by very real stupidity and meme explosions.
I don't think that's what happened. It sounds like the descended upon the town in mass numbers for a bunch of jobs that opened up.

(were in the US legally with aslyum program, had temp SSN so they could work)

I don't think that's what happened. It sounds like the descended upon the town in mass numbers for a bunch of jobs that opened up.

If you believe twenty thousand Haitians just all organically decided that this dump in Ohio is the new frontier because there were some jobs, I have some oceanfront real estate in Arkansas that might be of interest to you. Someone built a pipeline of Haitians to this place by design. And I don’t pretend to know why.

Reactions: MichaelKeller99

Wait - you actually believe The NY Times article you posted? This hack journalism is embarrassing: “But soon there were not enough workers. Many young, working-age people had descended into addiction. Others shunned entry-level, rote work altogether, employers said.
Haitians who heard that the Springfield area boasted well-paying, blue-collar jobs and a low cost of living poured in, and employers were eager to hire and train the new work force
.”

Oh, really, Mr. Journalist? Tell us more. Like how many young people ‘descended’ into addiction. What kind of addiction(s)? And why did they descend? And how long did all these once-booming industries remain understaffed until the Haitians ‘heard’ all about it and moved in by the tens of thousands?

:rolleyes:

Reactions: Scruddy
If you believe twenty thousand Haitians just all organically decided that this dump in Ohio is the new frontier because there were some jobs, I have some oceanfront real estate in Arkansas that might be of interest to you. Someone built a pipeline of Haitians to this place by design. And I don’t pretend to know why.
Wait - you actually believe The NY Times article you posted? This hack journalism is embarrassing: “But soon there were not enough workers. Many young, working-age people had descended into addiction. Others shunned entry-level, rote work altogether, employers said.
Haitians who heard that the Springfield area boasted well-paying, blue-collar jobs and a low cost of living poured in, and employers were eager to hire and train the new work force
.”

Oh, really, Mr. Journalist? Tell us more. Like how many young people ‘descended’ into addiction. What kind of addiction(s)? And why did they descend? And how long did all these once-booming industries remain understaffed until the Haitians ‘heard’ all about it and moved in by the tens of thousands?

:rolleyes:

Nobody seems to have the details. My point was that there is at least one reason for many of them to descend upon the town.

1) You've offered up nothing for evidence that says the government just dropped 20k of them on a 60k rest-belt town. I'm not giving you that assumption, you need to offer up evidence.

2) The NYT didn't offer up in depth analysis on the numbers. It did seem to state, and verify, seemingly, that there were Hatains heading to the town for the purpose of new jobs.

3) I haven't seen any source the nails down the exact number -- I think I read "up to 20k" -- but nothing definitive.

Reactions: MilleGinja
Nobody seems to have the details. My point was that there is at least one reason for many of them to descend upon the town.

1) You've offered up nothing for evidence that says the government just dropped 20k of them on a 60k rest-belt town. I'm not giving you that assumption, you need to offer up evidence.

2) The NYT didn't offer up in depth analysis on the numbers. It did seem to state, and verify, seemingly, that there were Hatains heading to the town for the purpose of new jobs.

3) I haven't seen any source the nails down the exact number -- I think I read "up to 20k" -- but nothing definitive.
I didn’t say the government did it. Someone certainly architected this migration though. Nothing about that type of migration is organic. This is oil boomtown level migration at 20,000 people to a town this size—and I believe the big numbers considering this was bubbling up long before the dead cat stories and the mayor was voicing concerns about their systems collapsing under the weight of the migration.

I didn’t say the government did it. Someone certainly architected this migration though. Nothing about that type of migration is organic. This is oil boomtown level migration at 20,000 people to a town this size—and I believe the big numbers considering this was bubbling up long before the dead cat stories and the mayor was voicing concerns about their systems collapsing under the weight of the migration.

This article from the local newspaper claims that businesses may have known they were coming their way but didn't communicate to the city.

It could be that word got out of a bunch of new job opportunities and way too many people showed up.

I'm not saying it isn't overload for a city of Springfield and that the problem needs to be solved and or avoided next time. Just that some of the assumptions by people here aren't being supported by any sort of evidence. (we've already had high ranking officials in the republican party running with the cat story that turns out to be bunk)

Reactions: MilleGinja

City officials estimate number at 12-15,000 but said it’s ‘impossible to know’.

Reactions: Colonoscopy
It's sad Scruddy is politicizing a boy killed in an unfortunate and tragic school bus accident for his political gain. Exactly what the father of Aidan didn't want to happen to a guy who was here legally from Haiti:

Aiden’s father emphatically condemned those who have used the family’s tragedy for political gain or to justify their intolerance. He said Joseph’s and Aiden’s faces are on “the poster of the border security crisis,” which neither of them deserve, though he said Joseph deserves “heavy consequences” for his actions.

“We hate that across this county there is hate fueled by the worst moment of our lives. Our tragedy,” Nathan Clark said. “This hatred is present in this county, this city, this community. Mr. Joseph didn’t start this, but he dumped a lot of fuel on the fire that has consumed many people.”

Despite Joseph’s actions, Nathan Clark said the family does not hate Joseph.

“We hate that you took our life, but we don’t know you, so Mr. Joseph, we can’t hate you,” Nathan Clark said.

One video above had a resident discussing how the Haitians in the community didn't know how to drive.

Well, this guy clearly didn't know how to drive.

From the story:

Hermanio Joseph, 36, a Haitian immigrant, did not have a valid driver’s license when he crossed over the center line into the oncoming lane on state Route 41, striking a Northwestern school bus with his 2010 Honda Odyssey. The bus flipped on its top in the Aug. 22 crash.

Aiden Clark, 11, died and about two dozen other students were injured on the bus that had 52 children aboard. It was the first day of school.

Joseph was sentenced to a prison term of nine to 13.5 years.

Judge Douglas Rastatter said in handing down his sentence, he took into account Joseph’s lack of extreme caution, his substantial negligence, the extensive harm he caused.

According to testimony from crash reconstruction expert Ohio State Highway Patrol Sgt. Jeremiah Smith, as the Honda crossed into the lane of the bus, Northwestern driver Alfred “Gene” Collier, moved the bus to the shoulder on the asphalt. The Honda continued to cross over and struck the side of the bus, then it traveled south across the roadway, coming to rest in a field.

The judge said this is one of the most painful cases over which he had presided in his 20 years on the bench.

“We can’t fix this; I can’t fix this. What I would give to fix this,” Rastatter said.

Aiden’s brother Preston Clark said nothing Joseph says or does will change what happened, and his little brother’s death has changed him drastically.

“I had to carry my little brother in a casket,” Preston Clark said. “Life isn’t supposed to be like that.”

“It only took seconds to take his life away on Aug. 22, 2023, when Mr. Joseph recklessly smashed into a Northwestern school bus, endangering the lives of 52 innocent children and one amazing bus driver.”

During the trial, Joseph testified he has a Mexican driver’s license and Ohio ID card, but no Ohio driver’s license.

Joseph testified he has temporary protected status and did not get an Ohio driver’s license because he did not have the necessary documents.

Reactions: Scruddy
One video above had a resident discussing how the Haitians in the community didn't know how to drive.

Well, this guy clearly didn't know how to drive.

From the story:

Hermanio Joseph, 36, a Haitian immigrant, did not have a valid driver’s license when he crossed over the center line into the oncoming lane on state Route 41, striking a Northwestern school bus with his 2010 Honda Odyssey. The bus flipped on its top in the Aug. 22 crash.

Aiden Clark, 11, died and about two dozen other students were injured on the bus that had 52 children aboard. It was the first day of school.

Joseph was sentenced to a prison term of nine to 13.5 years.

Judge Douglas Rastatter said in handing down his sentence, he took into account Joseph’s lack of extreme caution, his substantial negligence, the extensive harm he caused.

According to testimony from crash reconstruction expert Ohio State Highway Patrol Sgt. Jeremiah Smith, as the Honda crossed into the lane of the bus, Northwestern driver Alfred “Gene” Collier, moved the bus to the shoulder on the asphalt. The Honda continued to cross over and struck the side of the bus, then it traveled south across the roadway, coming to rest in a field.

The judge said this is one of the most painful cases over which he had presided in his 20 years on the bench.

“We can’t fix this; I can’t fix this. What I would give to fix this,” Rastatter said.

Aiden’s brother Preston Clark said nothing Joseph says or does will change what happened, and his little brother’s death has changed him drastically.

“I had to carry my little brother in a casket,” Preston Clark said. “Life isn’t supposed to be like that.”

“It only took seconds to take his life away on Aug. 22, 2023, when Mr. Joseph recklessly smashed into a Northwestern school bus, endangering the lives of 52 innocent children and one amazing bus driver.”

During the trial, Joseph testified he has a Mexican driver’s license and Ohio ID card, but no Ohio driver’s license.

Joseph testified he has temporary protected status and did not get an Ohio driver’s license because he did not have the necessary documents.

Bit it's cheap labor for big business so democrats say it's okay. Sick.

As usual, valid questions drowned out by memes and soundbytes. If you’re asking questions about why a town in the middle of nowhere attracted ~20k Haitian refugees, you must think Haitians are bad people trying to replace whitey and eat your pets.

Mr business owner here has a whole 30 of them on payroll, 10% of the staff of his critical employment hub, and balks at the notion that there could be collateral consequences because his tiny bit of labor is producing. If there are 15-20k, getting 30 more workers, like he wishes he had, should not be a problem for him.

As usual, valid questions drowned out by memes and soundbytes. If you’re asking questions about why a town in the middle of nowhere attracted ~20k Haitian refugees, you must think Haitians are bad people trying to replace whitey and eat your pets.

I don't have any problems with asking how it came to be that the town has 15k to 20k Haitians.

But the right wing skipped that point and tried to score points with sensationalistic headlines... Some of which turned out to be BS.

If only they were all like you, Dr Phil

I don't have any problems with asking how it came to be that the town has 15k to 20k Haitians.

But the right wing skipped that point and tried to score points with sensationalistic headlines... Some of which turned out to be BS.

If only they were all like you, Dr Phil
It appears that it is the only way to draw the masses into dialogue on the matter. It has to be radically stupid on its face to even garner enough air time to get people talking. If you just ran headlines about a small city being flooded by 20k Haitians, nobody would even inquire within. Make it about violent black refugees eating domestic cats after skinning them out front, and, well, salacious stuff like that gets eyeballs quick.

It appears that it is the only way to draw the masses into dialogue on the matter. It has to be radically stupid on its face to even garner enough air time to get people talking. If you just ran headlines about a small city being flooded by 20k Haitians, nobody would even inquire within. Make it about violent black refugees eating domestic cats after skinning them out front, and, well, salacious stuff like that gets eyeballs quick.
Really, you're going with that argument? We have to resort to extreme measures here? (even if within media context)

BLMers tried justifying riots because otherwise nobody would pay attention. (to the problem with police)

Look, they had their argument: 15k - 20k Hatain asylum seekers (or whatever their definition is) have overwhelmed resources in Ohio community. The mayor said as much. And then you do some goddamn investigative journalism to find out what's up.

Story could be there. But you don't have details, and lieu of details you're running with stupid shit off social media. Conservatives need better media.

0/10

Really, you're going with that argument? We have to resort to extreme measures here? (even if within media context)

BLMers tried justifying riots because otherwise nobody would pay attention. (to the problem with police)

Look, they had their argument: 15k - 20k Hatain asylum seekers (or whatever their definition is) have overwhelmed resources in Ohio community. The mayor said as much. And then you do some goddamn investigative journalism to find out what's up.

Story could be there. But you don't have details, and lieu of details you're running with stupid shit off social media. Conservatives need better media.

0/10
Im not running with anything from social media. I’m not a conservative. I’m all for a wave of mass migration as I think it is necessary for us to replace retiring blue collar labor.

There are loads of stories that have run in national media outlets about the flood of immigrants to this town dating back long before now.

The point I was making is that nobody said shit about it until the cat eating story went viral. It appears necessary to be extreme for it to become a major talking point nationally. And in all this stupidity, it seems we lost the plot about why 20k Haitians felt compelled to come to a small city in Ohio in very short order.

Well it seems the left lied (again) about there being no police reports about Haitians with animals..

Seems pretty real to the people who called it into 911

So now the story has changed, it’s not dogs and cats, it’s geese, and a statement made at a city council by one guy is now “testimony” - LOL - and one 911 call from a person is now people?

Much like Trump saying they are eating cats and dogs, you just can’t stop exaggerating.

So now the story has changed, it’s not dogs and cats, it’s geese, and a statement made at a city council by one guy is now “testimony” - LOL - and one 911 call from a person is now people?

Much like Trump saying they are eating cats and dogs, you just can’t stop exaggerating.
Are you saying it's okay if they're only eating geese and ducks? And if they're eating those wild animals why do you think it unlikely for them to eat a cat or dog? And yes, a citizen of the town stating that he saw those things in a town meeting is testimony. Not a hard concept, even for you I'd think.

Are you saying it's okay if they're only eating geese and ducks? And if they're eating those wild animals why do you think it unlikely for them to eat a cat or dog? And yes, a citizen of the town stating that he saw those things in a town meeting is testimony. Not a hard concept, even for you I'd think.
You're insatiably stupid

"I wish I had 30 more ultra cheap labor workers!!"
Guy probably makes more than you.

Most any manufacturing job is at least $18-22/hr base plus benefits. Probably gets 45hrs plus every week.

I've been in Midwest manufacturing for 30 plus years I've seen exactly what this owner is stating....young white kids by and large don't want this work and the ones that do don't show up and have pathetic work ethics.

We had a strong Hmong population that worked most everyone else under the table. They kept the company afloat.

GFY with your anti immigration hate

Reactions: jasonrann

Imagined facts are the best facts!

Get back to me when there is a real complaint, with corroboration, of a Haitian eating a dog or cat.

And if your Harvard education tells you a statement at a city council meeting is testimony, I can’t help you.

Guy probably makes more than you.

Most any manufacturing job is at least $18-22/hr base plus benefits. Probably gets 45hrs plus every week.

I've been in Midwest manufacturing for 30 plus years I've seen exactly what this owner is stating....young white kids by and large don't want this work and the ones that do don't show up and have pathetic work ethics.

We had a strong Hmong population that worked most everyone else under the table. They kept the company afloat.

GFY with your anti immigration hate
Oh no, somebody may make more money than me off the back off imported immigrants eating geese. However will I sleep at night knowing this.. idiot.
Imagined facts are the best facts!

Get back to me when there is a real complaint, with corroboration, of a Haitian eating a dog or cat.

And if your Harvard education tells you a statement at a city council meeting is testimony, I can’t help you.
The police log was imagined, huh? Special Ed take tbh st louis. You're better than this (I think). Did you ride the short bus as a kid? You definitely wouldn't want to do that in Springfield, Ohio these days thanks to the illegals for obvious reasons.

Oh no, somebody may make more money than me off the back off imported immigrants eating geese. However will I sleep at night knowing this.. idiot.

The police log was imagined, huh? Special Ed take tbh st louis. You're better than this (I think). Did you ride the short bus as a kid? You definitely wouldn't want to do that in Springfield, Ohio these days thanks to the illegals for obvious reasons.
The Haitian factory workers in the story are probably making more than you dork.... goes without saying the owner of the company does.

Please enlighten me on how dumbass Donnie is going to "bring manufacturing back to America" without this immigrant workforce?

The Haitian factory workers in the story are probably making more than you dork.... goes without saying the owner of the company does.

Please enlighten me on how dumbass Donnie is going to "bring manufacturing back to America" without this immigrant workforce?
I guess I'll just have to cry myself to sleep with my 6-figure watch collection knowing a hatian immigrant and his profiteer boss may have more cash than me. My tax dollars at work.

I guess I'll just have to cry myself to sleep with my 6-figure watch collection knowing a hatian immigrant and his profiteer boss may have more cash than me. My tax dollars at work.
There's probably a lot of reasons you should cry yourself to sleep at night, this isn't one of them.

Answer the question on how Trump will bring manufacturing back without these people Mr. Moneybags

This article from the local newspaper claims that businesses may have known they were coming their way but didn't communicate to the city.

It could be that word got out of a bunch of new job opportunities and way too many people showed up.

I'm not saying it isn't overload for a city of Springfield and that the problem needs to be solved and or avoided next time. Just that some of the assumptions by people here aren't being supported by any sort of evidence. (we've already had high ranking officials in the republican party running with the cat story that turns out to be bunk)
Obviously this is the deep states doing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT