ADVERTISEMENT

Why is the BTN screwing Iowa?

Hawk68

HB MVP
Oct 1, 2001
Ok, I can see why they did not show the game live, but why not show a replay later at night. MSU and Wisky are getting one. They even have a dumb lacrosse game stuck in this evening. I realize we don't supply as many viewers, but we pay the same amount of money.

Ok, I can see why they did not show the game live, but why not show a replay later at night. MSU and Wisky are getting one. They even have a dumb lacrosse game stuck in this evening. I realize we don't supply as many viewers, but we pay the same amount of money.
The BTN and their main Broadcast crew are and have been biased against the Hawks since its inception. Revsine the king of nasal hates the Hawks for the ass kickins Hayden and boys put on NW. Dinerdo couldn't coach a winner if he had the top 30 picks in the last 5 Nfl drafts. Howard, well we all know he hates the Hawks. The BTN will be asshats until the Hawk Football and BB teams make some major moves up the polls.

Simple answer. People are more interested hearing about a winning program. Who would you rather hear about: Rutgers or Wisconsin. BTN knows their numbers. It is a money thing. Win more games, you will get more attention.

BTN is not hurting the Hawks, they are trying to save the Hawks from possibly losing future recruits. The rest of the Big 10 teams know the 3-4 plays Iowa has.

THIS:

CDdIHblUUAAvxap.jpg:large

VS:
timthumb.php

BTN is not screwing Iowa. Iowa is screwing Iowa. Have a fricking game like every other team in the B1G and you will get your spring game televised.
A scrimmage like the Hawks had today is every bit as entertaining as a "game". That shouldn't make any difference at all to the BTN. The Hawks looked promising today.

This is probably from Kamp Kinnick that was this weekend also. That's probably the group of parents. Although the point was made trying to compare Iowa to the National Champions again...
It was tweeted out by Harty, saying "there were still good seats left for today's" practice during the practice yesterday

The BTN and their main Broadcast crew are and have been biased against the Hawks since its inception. Revsine the king of nasal hates the Hawks for the ass kickins Hayden and boys put on NW. Dinerdo couldn't coach a winner if he had the top 30 picks in the last 5 Nfl drafts. Howard, well we all know he hates the Hawks. The BTN will be asshats until the Hawk Football and BB teams make some major moves up the polls.

You are a total zero.

Reactions: Buck McCoy
BTN is not screwing Iowa. Iowa is screwing Iowa. Have a fricking game like every other team in the B1G and you will get your spring game televised.

This is spot on. BTN would have broadcast a Spring Game if Iowa would have had one. There's not much demand for a glorified Spring "Practice" with only a few thousand fans present.

BTN has no obligation to simply show whatever Iowa does. Iowa didn't even commit resources to do the "Student U" style of broadcast or anything that would give BTN content worth replaying. If Iowa wants to be on TV, they need to let BTN know very early it plans to do a full, competitive "Spring Football Game" and market it that way from day 1.

As is, BTN would have been better served to sign live broadcast rights over to KCRG 9, retaining the Replay rights, and then showing the replay of KCRG's broadcast on BTN over the next few weeks at 3am.

Until Iowa starts to treat it like a showcase event, why should BTN?

Reactions: Hawkeye1986
This program is going further and further down the tubes. KF has refused to change his coaching philosophy like every other team in the country and the fans are going to pay severely for it for years to come. Recruiting is a pathetic joke and keeping this awful offense scheme going into the 4th year is mind boggling! I have to wonder if KF is getting paid to bring this team down, because what he's doing has to be intentional!! The greatest recruiting tool of the spring is the spring game and Ferentz has turned it into a pathetic joke, recruits have got to wonder what the hell are they doing there.

We have a winner^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT