ADVERTISEMENT

Will Cade come back next year?

BigAssTurkeyLeg

HR MVP
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2021
What do you guys think the most likely scenario for this season that leads to Cade playing for Iowa next year looks like?

If we win the division or the conference, go to CFP but Cade continues his statistically below average play, do you think he comes back?

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
If Cade wants to make a pro team he needs to start lighting it up this year to leave this year. I am thinking and hoping he will get better this year and then come back for another year to show better qb play.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
What do you guys think the most likely scenario for this season that leads to Cade playing for Iowa next year looks like?

If we win the division or the conference, go to CFP but Cade continues his statistically below average play, do you think he comes back?
He needs to heal, completely. I would think he comes back if we hit 8 wins and a bowl game. He's not the same CM that was UM, may never be again.

he will want to come back but iowa fans incensed at his performance in the first round playoff game will insist otherwise

Reactions: Birky
All depends on his combine performance assuming he has an average to good year with Iowa.

He'll only come back to increase his draft stock.

If the $ is right.

This is something I've thought about, same with other players like Caleb Brown. The time they have is limited, and they want to try and get into the league, but the way our offense operates, anyone in skill positions will have a hard time due to the scheme we run. I hope he does, so we at least stand somewhat of a chance next year.

This is something I've thought about, same with other players like Caleb Brown. The time they have is limited, and they want to try and get into the league, but the way our offense operates, anyone in skill positions will have a hard time due to the scheme we run. I hope he does, so we at least stand somewhat of a chance next year.
That’s kind of on my mind as well. They won’t want to stay here and deal with the lack of stats and Brian’s tantrums unless we’re at least winning at a high rate.

Do you fellas think his 53% completion percentage and 5.9 yards per attempt is exciting the NFL scouts????

At this point, the NFL is a dream.

Reactions: peacehawk
I enjoyed Brian's tantrum, he needs to be pissed.
I didnt like Brian's tantrum because it is being a baby. My gawd, Cade threw the ball a half count late after coming off another receiver.

Cade was doing his job and made a quick miscalculation. Dont explode on him right then. I know Cade can take it.

But no need for Brian with his lack of good offense the last 2 years to go crazy.

I didnt like Brian's tantrum because it is being a baby. My gawd, Cade threw the ball a half count late after coming off another receiver.

Cade was doing his job and made a quick miscalculation. Dont explode on him right then. I know Cade can take it.

But no need for Brian with his lack of good offense the last 2 years to go crazy.
Bart Starr used to tell the story about the time, early in his career, when Vince Lombardi berated him in front of the whole team. Afterwards, he went to Lombardi privately and said something to the effect of: "I don't mind being yelled at when I do something wrong. But if you expect me to be the leader of this team, please do it in private. It does not look good for the leader to be berated in front of the whole team."

Lombardi never did it to Starr again.

Bart Starr used to tell the story about the time, early in his career, when Vince Lombardi berated him in front of the whole team. Afterwards, he went to Lombardi privately and said something to the effect of: "I don't mind being yelled at when I do something wrong. But if you expect me to be the leader of this team, please do it in private. It does not look good for the leader to be berated in front of the whole team."

Exactly. I work in a fine dining kitchen, and chefs tend to have erratic tempers, but I’ve always believed if you are going to chew someone out, you do it in private. Going ballistic on someone in front of the whole crew is terrible for morale.

Can’t imagine it feels great in front of 70,000 fans, your whole team and millions of TV viewers.

BF was being a jackass

Exactly. I work in a fine dining kitchen, and chefs tend to have erratic tempers, but I’ve always believed if you are going to chew someone out, you do it in private. Going ballistic on someone in front of the whole crew is terrible for morale.

Can’t imagine it feels great in front of 70,000 fans, your whole team and millions of TV viewers.

BF was being a jackass

Gregg Popovich and Tim Duncan say hi. Good leaders should be able to be coached hard and take an ass chewing and it's actually great for morale when they can.

Bart Starr was wrong

• Haha
Reactions: 83Hawk
Of course. He's getting paid good money and has 0 chance to make it to the NFL. Why not make bank before starting a career in finance, insurance or medical device sales?

i guess it didn't matter how ugly things look

thankfully he's back next year

What Cade posted on Instagram:

F9VPoQWWAAAFy1R

• Love
Reactions: Moral
how lucky are we that he's coming back?
Well he proved in 2021 that he is a better passer and qb that what we have now although we havent seen Lainez at all. But Cade also had a really good running game and I would say better receivers at Mich which makes it much easier to throw passes without a lot of pressure to guys who can be open by a couple yards

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT