ADVERTISEMENT

Willie Leaves Flo

Best of everything to you Willie. Like chief says u took a lot of crap on here but you still showed up to debate your reasons..

Reactions: smalls103
Took the job at PSU as their public relations coordinator. Very large pay raise from the NLWC and will personally oversee the development and post production of PSU propaganda.

Just kidding one last jab at Willie ..but thanks for bringing w#1 to CHA and best of luck.

Wonder if Nebraska losing all the time brought him down. Hang in there man. It might get better

Reactions: DirkTang1
Surprising...

Something big (good or bad) happened because he just left his holy grail of a job out of no where it would seem.

As much as willie showed his ties to PA, he is/was great for wrestling. Hope he gets a gig for high school recruiting and rankings since it it seems that was his passion.

Reactions: SandBuff
Willie was a PA homer, no doubt, but over the past few years, he seemed more even handed, and FLO had a number of nice articles/videos related to Iowa wrestling. Seems he left abruptly, wonder what the story is.

But I'll give Willie his due. He was a ranker of HS kids as good as anyone out there. He also directly addressed stuff on this board, so I gotta give him a lot of credit there. He had a sense of humor. He helped bring WNO to Carver. All in all, a good guy for wrestling. Thanks Willie!

Its definitely odd that CP and Nomad haven’t said one thing yet. AND, of course, Bader. Something isn’t right here...
It is. Also no statement from Flowrestling. He was really the face of that company. You’d think they’d have a statement ready.

Reactions: pumpdog20
Wow. Surprising. He was kind of the face of FloWrestling IMO and seemed to have the in with most of the HS wrestlers. Not sure if Flo has anyone else nearly as connected with the HS scene.

Certainly very sudden and unexpected. There has to be a very juicy story there.

It’s clear he thinks he makes flo what it is between his connections and his “great mind”

he is moving on to call his own shots or at least be somewhere with latitude. The hashtag is my indicator on that.

Willie broke the Kerkvleidt transfer news on his own personal twitter and then it was deleted and went up on the main flowrestling twitter. I would guess there was a disagreement about him putting it up on his own instead of through the site.

Strange coincidence otherwise.

Willie broke the Kerkvleidt transfer news on his own personal twitter and then it was deleted and went up on the main flowrestling twitter. I would guess there was a disagreement about him putting it up on his own instead of through the site.

Strange coincidence otherwise.

He’a done that before. Would be ticky tack if that was true.

Obviously speculation, but the founder of flo was forced out earlier this year. With the distance because of his move back to PA, along with his habit of posting about far right politics, I wouldn't be shocked if he burnt some bridges there over time. He's got a big personality and sometimes that can cause problems. Pyles and crew being silent on it is pretty weird. If he left on good terms, you'd think they'd wish him well.

Its definitely odd that CP and Nomad haven’t said one thing yet. AND, of course, Bader. Something isn’t right here...

tumblr_nkyazrdGSh1thk6vpo1_1280.gif

Reactions: Knight563
If I remember rightly Willie was managing editor of FLO sports, not just FLO wrestling. His lukewarm "appreciation" tweet read like someone who had been fired.

Interesting and weird that he isn't eluding to why, what, where & when's of the whole deal. Agreed that there is a story there.

Reactions: jjirak23
thank (most of) you guys for the kind words.

i've said several times (and it's someone's sig) that HR is awesome. I love it. I know we haven't gotten along every step of the way - mostly because you think/though i had some sort of agenda - but ultimately you understood i was trying to be balanced and saying what i truly believe.

keep doing you, fellas.

also - thank you for the support in my final year w/ WNO. that will never dull on me.

i've said several times (and it's someone's sig) that HR is awesome. I love it. I know we haven't gotten along every step of the way - mostly because you think/though i had some sort of agenda - but ultimately you understood i was trying to be balanced and saying what i truly believe.

keep doing you, fellas.

also - thank you for the support in my final year w/ WNO. that will never dull on me.

Thanks Willie! You’ll be missed but hope your next move is kick ass!

keep doing you, fellas.

I’m not sure you carried an agenda as much as you played favorites. If you watched College Game Day and they inflated your biggest rival’s strengths and your favorite team’s weaknesses you’d understand the blowback from Iowa Rivals. And yet Flo provided access and coverage no one else has. Best to you in your next chapter. Peace out!

I think he’s winning the troll game;)

Wonder if this had anything to do with his breaking news tweet about Kerkviliet entering the transfer portal. His tweet was later deleted and then Flo posted the news on their site.

I will definitely miss him on Flo and FRL and neither will be the same without him. Maybe it's part of Flo's re-branding and Willie didn't fit the mold. Shame if that's the case. He is pennstatewillie but loves wrestling through and through and has contributed so much to the sport. Best Of Luck Willie!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT