ADVERTISEMENT

Winsome Sears

thewop

HB Legend
Jun 27, 2002
She'll be out of the conversation in the next day or two, but she's rock solid. I've seen two interviews with her, and her message is non-partisan, never headed, unifying, etc.

She refuses to take the bait as both interviewers were trying to set her up to support Trump ideas. She would not acknowledge policy similarities to Trump, but rather shifted the message to things like equal opportunity, stopping partisanship, healing division, etc. At one point she was talking about how black people get marginalized based on what party they choose to support, and went on to speak against trying to pigeonhole all black people into a specific party ("you want to be libertarian, be that, want to be Democrat, be Democrat, but stop believing and stop ridiculing each other over which party they choose.")

She's one to watch. Look her up. She can't be president because she was born in Jamaica, but could be a wonderful role model and unifying force.

Its frustrating that all these Virginian white supremacists had to elect multiple minorities with their dog whistles.

It confusing for us simple folk.

I wish they'd just come out and say if you're not a Democrat you don't count as a minority.

That would make it easier to understand.

LOL at Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber here. Examples please? I smell Conservative BS.

If you're black and not a card-carrying Dem, you get called an Aunt Jemima or an Uncle Tom.

Or if you've been nominated to the supreme court, you get accused of sexual harassment.

Reactions: hexumhawk
She's one to watch. Look her up. She can't be president because she was born in Jamaica, but could be a wonderful role model and unifying force.
I’m not necessarily saying this in reference to Sears specifically, just more of a general observation. It’s time to amend the Constitution to allow foreign-born citizens to run for President if they have served and been honorably discharged from the U.S. military.

The whole idea behind the natural-born citizenship requirement was to prevent people with foreign allegiances from becoming President. IMO, serving four years in the U.S. military and being honorably discharged should satisfy any concerns about loyalty.

You can’t control where you were born, but you can control the decisions you make as an adult.

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
I’m not necessarily saying this in reference to Sears specifically, just more of a general observation. It’s time to amend the Constitution to allow foreign-born citizens to run for President if they have served and been honorably discharged from the U.S. military.

The whole idea behind the natural-born citizenship requirement was to prevent people with foreign allegiances from becoming President. IMO, serving four years in the U.S. military and being honorably discharged should satisfy any concerns about loyalty.

You can’t control where you were born, but you can control the decisions you make as an adult.

B.S. Russia would be planting seeds all over this country to be future POTUS candidates.

Do you think four years of military service would change how GOHOX69 perceives Asian countries?

If anything, that dude's posts make me think it a very good idea.

And I say that of the opinion he's a good dude, and a great American, even if clearly prejudiced by his own experiences.
But I want as president and CINC someone who doesn't have those kind of formative biases, or at least, for them to be biases toward America.
I just don't see four years in the military re-writing/overwriting childhood impressions.

Reactions: 24 so far
B.S. Russia would be planting seeds all over this country to be future POTUS candidates.
One person out of 330 million gets to be President. How many seeds would Russia have to plant and cycle through four years of military service just to become eligible to run for President in order to make it likely to get one elected?

And that doesn’t consider the fact that most POTUS candidates spend a minimum of 10 or 20 years serving in elected office prior to running for President.

Hell, Russia could just plant a bunch of guys in our military for the purpose of stealing military secrets. But the idea of getting one elected to the White House seems like a relatively fruitless long game.

She'll be out of the conversation in the next day or two, but she's rock solid. I've seen two interviews with her, and her message is non-partisan, never headed, unifying, etc.

She refuses to take the bait as both interviewers were trying to set her up to support Trump ideas. She would not acknowledge policy similarities to Trump, but rather shifted the message to things like equal opportunity, stopping partisanship, healing division, etc. At one point she was talking about how black people get marginalized based on what party they choose to support, and went on to speak against trying to pigeonhole all black people into a specific party ("you want to be libertarian, be that, want to be Democrat, be Democrat, but stop believing and stop ridiculing each other over which party they choose.")

Also a Marine!!

No.

Reactions: ICHerky
One person out of 330 million gets to be President. How many seeds would Russia have to plant and cycle through four years of military service just to become eligible to run for President in order to make it likely to get one elected?

And that doesn’t consider the fact that most POTUS candidates spend a minimum of 10 or 20 years serving in elected office prior to running for President.

Hell, Russia could just plant a bunch of guys in our military for the purpose of stealing military secrets. But the idea of getting one elected to the White House seems like a relatively fruitless long game.
No way should forigners be allowed to be President but...

Its much easier to just buy and control politicians tbrough black mail the way China has.

The idea of trying to control someone their whole life and somehow work them up through all the corruption of the system to be the president is asinine and shows how out of touch with reality people are.

LOL at Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber here. Examples please? I smell Conservative BS.
Example off the top of my head.

Biden told a black radio host that if he wasn't sure that he was voting for Joe that you "ain't black".

People like Larry Elder and Candice Owens are called white supremacists by white leftys all the time.

Lol, examples. Do fvcking google search for these people's names.

No way should forigners be allowed to be President
Why not? If someone spends most of their life here, meets all the other citizenship requirements, served honorably in our military, and continues serving the public through elected office, why should they be arbitrarily banned from running for President or VP just because of where they happened to be born?

Why not? If someone spends most of their life here, meets all the other citizenship requirements, served honorably in our military, and continues serving the public through elected office, why should they be arbitrarily banned from running for President or VP just because of where they happened to be born?
I would have no problem with her specifically but it opens up a door that is too wide.

Maybe you could make some sort of exception based on military service. That would be something to consider.

Example off the top of my head.

Biden told a black radio host that if he wasn't sure that he was voting for Joe that you "ain't black".

People like Larry Elder and Candice Owens are called white supremacists by white leftys all the time.

Lol, examples. Do fvcking google search for these people's names.
Neither of which is racism. Proof, yet again, Conservatives are clueless on the definitions of the words they throw around.

I would not have a problem with someone who came to the United States as a baby being eligible to become president. But remember, we just had a president elected who never held elected office. There's no guarantee that the person running is going to have some 10-20 year record of public service.

I get that a military requirement would conceivably put some guardrails on age, but I wouldn't like the idea of a situation where some 40 year old person from another country came to the U.S. and quickly established themselves as a business or media or Youtube figure and was eligible to run for the Presidency. If nothing else, I'd be concerned about the ability to scrutinize their adult past if their past was primarily overseas.

That said, just because I would be uncomfortable with that, I'm not sure the natural born requirement (nor the age requirement) is justified. I think you can make a case that if you are a citizen, it should be left up to the voters.

Like "insurrection" and "transphobia" and "microaggression" and "toxic masculinity" and "cultural appropriation" and all kinds of other words and phrases dumb shits use to get people to hate the left even more?
You're right to call out the far left. However, the far right is far more mainstream and sizable in numbers than the far left, whose numbers are negligible and whose damage is so small as to be virtually non-existent. Idiots in America gravitate to the right in far greater numbers, as it offers positions for non-thinkers to wrap their tiny brains around.

You're right to call out the far left. However, the far right is far more mainstream and sizable in numbers than the far left, whose numbers are negligible and whose damage is so small as to be virtually non-existent. Idiots in America gravitate to the right in far greater numbers, as it offers positions for non-thinkers to wrap their tiny brains around.
Thats exactly the opposite of reality.

Switch the words left and right and then it becomes much closer to being reality.

Reactions: ICHerky
The two most moderate Dems in the entire party are Public Enemy #1 of the rest of the Dems. People who don't want to suddenly spend three trillion dollars are being looked at as monsters. That puts the party way to the left of the middle regardless of how you want to paint it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT