ADVERTISEMENT

Woke up during the night with my shoulder popped out

Jul 11, 2017
China
Has this ever happened to anyone? During the night, I woke up and realized I popped my shoulder out of place. I have shoulder problems and have dislocated my right one once each of the last 3 years and like 5 times since 2013. But this was my left one and i’ve dislocated it once back in 2014.

ClosedShallowFossa-size_restricted.gif

Several times, but it usually wakes me up the moment it occurs.

Hell, I had them checked out a couple years back and my doctor did some range of motion tests and dislocated one of them right there in the Dr's office. Heard it pop too...the look on her face was priceless.

"Benefits" of being a side sleeper for 40 years unfortunately.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
I like thin pillows with an arm underneath for extra support. So far, so good and I am in my 60s.
Sounds like a hereditary problem with the shoulders? Wonder if there are certain types of mattresses that would help prevent that from happening.

Several times, but it usually wakes me up the moment it occurs.

Hell, I had them checked out a couple years back and my doctor did some range of motion tests and dislocated one of them right there in the Dr's office. Heard it pop too...the look on her face was priceless.

"Benefits" of being a side sleeper for 40 years unfortunately.

Did you end up having surgery on it?

I like thin pillows with an arm underneath for extra support. So far, so good and I am in my 60s.
Sounds like a hereditary problem with the shoulders? Wonder if there are certain types of mattresses that would help prevent that from happening.

I’m in my early 30’s, but my family has had issues with shoulders. One of my uncles had to have surgery on one of his because he dislocated it a lot, one skydiving in Vegas, the video of that is hilarious! And some others in my family have had issues like me with them.

Has this ever happened to anyone? During the night, I woke up and realized I popped my shoulder out of place. I have shoulder problems and have dislocated my right one once each of the last 3 years and like 5 times since 2013. But this was my left one and i’ve dislocated it once back in 2014.

If I awoke and discovered I pooped the bed...HROT is the last place I'd be talking about it.

Did you also wake up with a missing tooth, a baby in the closet and a tiger in your bathroom? If not, no big deal.

I dislocated my left shoulder in my early 20s playing rugby and I've had it slip out a few times over the years but nothing so severe as to mention it to my doctor. It's been nearly 10 years now since it has occurred so I really don't think much about it anymore. I sleep religiously on that left shoulder at night so maybe that has helped over time, but that seems counter intuitive though.

Reactions: HugeEddie
I’m in my early 30’s, but my family has had issues with shoulders. One of my uncles had to have surgery on one of his because he dislocated it a lot, one skydiving in Vegas, the video of that is hilarious! And some others in my family have had issues like me with them.
You can say that again. OP's mom threw her shoulder out trying to give me the reach around during a little game we play called " Don Denkinger and the blown call, " where I do to the OP's mom what DD did to us in '85...:)

Next time scoot a little closer before you give him a reach around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT