ADVERTISEMENT

Woman shoots and kills 2 of 3 suspected carjackers.

JupiterHawk

HR Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Jupiter, FL
She used the GPS to track down her car and the supposed carjackers. I mean, horse thieves were hanged so I am not shedding a tear if they did steal her car. That KIA/Hyundai glitch is wild.

A woman in Missouri allegedly tracked down and killed the men she believed stole her car, police said.

Demesha Coleman, 35, was arrested after the killings and charged with two counts of murder, one count of assault, and three counts of armed criminal action.

She allegedly shot and killed Darius Jackson, 19, and Joseph Farrar, 49, who she believed had stolen her car.

Police responded to reports of a shooting at a gas station in St Louis where they found Mr Farrar and Mr Jackson with gunshot wounds to their torsos. A third man was shot in the head but survived the attack, police said.

It is unclear if the victims had stolen Ms Coleman’s car.

Fox News reports that Ms Coleman told detectives that she went to the gas station to retrieve her stolen vehicle. She had no prior criminal history.

Hyundai and Kia thefts have surged in the St Louis region in recent weeks. A viral TikTok trend showed users how to use USB cables to hotwire the cars and likely contributed to the spike in thefts. The carmakers are facing a class action lawsuit as a result.

"They’re very easy unfortunately to steal," Buffalo Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia said after a group of teenagers died in an accident following the theft of a Kia Sportage. "You can look up the information that’s been put out there," Gramaglia continued. "There are numerous cities across the country that are looking at looking into or have filed lawsuits against Kia because of the ease that they are able to steal these cars."

Two teenage boys were shot on Halloween while they were allegedly stealing a woman’s Kia from her home in north St Louis, according to the St Louis Dispatch. The woman tracked her car to two different locations before finding the vehicle. It’s unclear who actually shot the teens.

On the same night another man used GPS to track down a family member’s stolen vehicle. He eventually got into a shootout with the theft suspects before police arrested the entire group.

From news to politics, travel to sport, culture to climate – The Independent has a host of free newsletters to suit your interests. To find the stories you want to read, and more, in your inbox, click here.

According to police, surveillance video showed Ms Coleman approaching the gas station with a man who was also armed. She allegedly approached a Hyundai Tucson she believed to be hers, opened the door, and began firing her gun inside.

Reactions: CoachJaxKnows
Let me have you’re entire bank account and retirement fund

Yeah, good analogy. Human interaction isn't necessary to get those. I have nothing in my possession that would get you either of those.

Possessions aren't worth killing another human over. If you think they are, you need to never have weapons because you'll kill someone needlessly.

Why do people think a possession, a thing, is worth killing someone over? I mean, if they were in the act of stealing it and she felt they might kill her, ok. But after the fact? That's just murder
When my car was stolen, I could track it on my (no pics) wife's phone as my phone was in the car. I used it to tell 911 the location of my car. The thought never crossed my mind to track it down myself.

Why do people think a possession, a thing, is worth killing someone over? I mean, if they were in the act of stealing it and she felt they might kill her, ok. But after the fact? That's just murder
I disagree with this. My possessions are worth FAR more than the pieces of trash that would steal them. Their death is an appropriate outcome for their choosing to steal from/harm other people - even if after the fact. We're all better off without them.

She executed two people and shot a third in the head. It's more akin to lynching than any sort of justice.
IF they stole her car, and that is a big IF at this time. They had it f'ing coming (IMO). Don't steal other people's cars.

The problem is the variables. Did the thief pick up a couple of friends after the car was stolen? etc.

Reactions: hawkeye54545
Yeah, good analogy. Human interaction isn't necessary to get those. I have nothing in my possession that would get you either of those.

Possessions aren't worth killing another human over. If you think they are, you need to never have weapons because you'll kill someone needlessly.

My possessions, are something I worked for over days or years. To have it stolen by some low life scum I applaud this woman for taking out the trash.

When my car was stolen, I could track it on my (no pics) wife's phone as my phone was in the car. I used it to tell 911 the location of my car. The thought never crossed my mind to track it down myself.
Did they locate it? I am guessing this person was the wrong one to steal from.

Did they locate it? I am guessing this person was the wrong one to steal from.
Yes, they located it on the interstate and engaged in a pursuit. It went through four jurisdictions before they pulled out for safety reasons (that's what she said).

Metro Nashville police recovered it two weeks later. When they turned the vehicle over to me it contained all kinds of stolen goods - four laptops, tools, personal information, etc. It was totally trashed to the point that my insurance company totaled it.

• Wow
Reactions: JupiterHawk
While searching through the family history, i found 1 uncle was hung in central Pa, in the 1800s for stealing a horse from KY. He never made it to Mass where he was taking it.

Yes, they located it on the interstate and engaged in a pursuit. It went through four jurisdictions before they pulled out for safety reasons (that's what she said).

Metro Nashville police recovered it two weeks later. When they turned the vehicle over to me it contained all kinds of stolen goods - four laptops, tools, personal information, etc. It was totally trashed to the point that my insurance company totaled it.
Did you keep the stolen stuff? :)

I'd hope the defense would come with a 'temporary insanity' if I were on the jury so I could acquit.

Reactions: hawkeye54545
I think she should go on trial for murder. I'd bet she would be convicted of at least reckless indifference. That would be up to a jury that would have all the facts.

I disagree with this. My possessions are worth FAR more than the pieces of trash that would steal them. Their death is an appropriate outcome for their choosing to steal from/harm other people - even if after the fact. We're all better off without them.
THIS is the correct answer. The justice system repeatedly fails to effectively deal with these predatory subhumans. In this case Karma did.

If appropriate then she won’t be charged, right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT