ADVERTISEMENT

Women's NCAA seedings

KuwaitHawk

HR Legend
Apr 18, 2004
No doubt Iowa gets a #1 along with S Car, SoCal and Texas or Stanford. I can see the committee setting it up so that SCar and lsu will be on opposite side of the bracket, Iowa and OSU will be on opposite sides as will SoCal and Stanford so that if the Top 2 teams form the B1G, sec and Pac12 make it to the Final Four they would meet in the final game IF they win their semifinal game. At a minimum the two sec schools will get this benefit.

From everything I've seen Iowa should get the number 2 overall seed, but we really just need them to get the 2nd or 3rd 1 seed. Really, the other 3 one seeds are pretty much a toss-up so they might just go with potential matchups at that point.

Just over 32 hours until brackets come out. Still think Iowa gets the second #1 seed and won’t have to play SCar until championship game.

Reactions: ryan2144 and Torg
Someone explain why USC gets a #1 seed when Texas has a better record and in a tougher conference?

Why do the women wait so long to announce the bracket? Shouldn’t they separate themselves from the men selection show?

There are a few championship tourneys being played today and Kent State won so they will make the tournament. I was wondering earlier why in the heck they couldn't play those yesterday and then have the women's bracket this evening.

The Seeding Committee wants Caitlyn in the tourney as long as possible. I suspect our early round opponents will be set to keep iowa alive. Yes she has that much impact on the sport.

You do realize that the selection committee is made up of college administrators from around the country?

Beth will not be in the room when they are discussing and seeding Iowa.

How exactly is how far Iowa advances going to benefit the rest of the people on the selection committee? New TV deal has already been signed...so no dollars at stake in that regards.

Ya think the AD from Tennesse Martin gets some sort of bonus based on Iowa's results?

Current members of the selection committee.

NameSchool/ConferencePosition
Nina KingDukeVice President and Director of Athletics
Beth Goetz ฿IowaAthletic Director
Deneé BarracatoNorthwesternDeputy Director of Athletics
Amanda BraunMilwaukeeAthletic Director
Greg BurkeNorthwestern StateAthletic Director
Kurt McGuffinTennessee-MartinAthletic Director
Lisa PetersonOregonDeputy Director of Athletics
Derita Ratcliffe DawkinsArkansasDeputy Director of Athletics
Janice RuggieroNew MexicoDeputy Director of Athletics and Senior Woman Administrator
Jill ShieldsKansas StateDeputy Athletics Director
Lynn TigheVillanovaSenior Associate Athletics Director and Senior Woman Administrator

Reactions: mphawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT