ADVERTISEMENT

Albany crowd?

Herky T Hawk

HR Heisman
Feb 5, 2003
Anyone have an idea about the percentage of Iowa favoring fans today? I see that they’re setting much higher attendance numbers than the Portland site. I was stuck watching the game on an airplane today and the quality sucked.

One thing that will be interesting is that LSU is a long ways away from home compared to playing the Final Four in Dallas last year. Could be a bit of a difference maker if the crowd is significantly favoring us.

They mentioned on the telecast that Vividseats claimed 54% of the tickets were by Iowa fans and 36% by LSU fans, I guess leaving 10% for Colorado/UCLA/neutral. I'm not sure how accurate those numbers are. It would be great to hear from people who were at the games.

They mentioned on the telecast that Vividseats claimed 54% of the tickets were by Iowa fans and 36% by LSU fans, I guess leaving 10% for Colorado/UCLA/neutral. I'm not sure how accurate those numbers are. It would be great to hear from people who were at the games.
I was at the game. Arrived at the beginning of 2nd quarter first game and the arena was maybe 2/3 full. Crowd slowly built up and was basically full for Iowa’s game. Most stuck around until mid 4th and Iowa clearly going to win.

It’s hard to judge percentages because of how blended the crowd is outside the team sections. Iowa had the most fans, but IDK about more than half. Great if true. It felt like Colorado/UCLA/other had better showings than 10 % combined.

I was at the game. Arrived at the beginning of 2nd quarter first game and the arena was maybe 2/3 full. Crowd slowly built up and was basically full for Iowa’s game. Most stuck around until mid 4th and Iowa clearly going to win.

It’s hard to judge percentages because of how blended the crowd is outside the team sections. Iowa had the most fans, but IDK about more than half. Great if true. It felt like Colorado/UCLA/other had better showings than 10 % combined.
I’d be interested to see how many team-less fans there are in attendance. Many of us are assuming that there!s a pie chart where 100% will be divided up among the teams, but there will be a slice that won’t be dedicated. I’m just not sure how big it will be.

That’s one thing that CC has brought to games. At the BTT I sat next to a couple of women(I’d guess the kind that drive Subaru Outbacks, NTTAWWT) that had no affiliation to Iowa, but had flown down from Canada and were wearing their CC shirts. I know there were many others like that there during the tournament.

But, it sounds like LSU brought a decent sized contingent, so the advantage won’t be that big.

I’d be interested to see how many team-less fans there are in attendance. Many of us are assuming that there!s a pie chart where 100% will be divided up among the teams, but there will be a slice that won’t be dedicated. I’m just not sure how big it will be.

That’s one thing that CC has brought to games. At the BTT I sat next to a couple of women(I’d guess the kind that drive Subaru Outbacks, NTTAWWT) that had no affiliation to Iowa, but had flown down from Canada and were wearing their CC shirts. I know there were many others like that there during the tournament.

But, it sounds like LSU brought a decent sized contingent, so the advantage won’t be that big.
Yes they come from all over. Met a couple ladies from Florida that came up to the BIG10 tournament just to see #22.

But that’s unpossible! Everyone knows LSU fans are poors that can’t find Albany on a map, and if they can, probably wonder how Alabammy is actually in the North.

Can you get a further trip for UCLA fans? From California to Albany? Albany is hard to get to from anywhere but kudos to any UCLA fans making that trip.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Can you get a further trip for UCLA fans? From California to Albany? Albany is hard to get to from anywhere but kudos to any UCLA fans making that trip.
Looked like lots of blue shirts were still in the stands to watch CC

The Iowa/CU game was louder than any other game by far and Monday will be rocking.
Albany attendance was almost 14k vs. 10k in Portland.
The CC effect is just as strong here as the Big10 away games. Young girls from all over the area are ecstatic to see CC and co. I saw homemade 22 signs from Canada. It got loud after those passes and 3 bombs and not just the main Iowa sections. I'd say the casual/neutral fan base will favor Iowa in addition to the core.
The Albany area has always been a solid basketball town and not having a high major or pro team..it's been well over a decade since Fran took Siena to mid-major greatness and they've been floundering ever since so area fans are hungry for high level bball.

We talked to 2 women’s HS basketball coaches at our hotel who weren’t really associated with any team. You’d think a lot of them would like to see Caitlin and all the other great players in person.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT