ADVERTISEMENT

Woolly Mammoth is coming back....

main-qimg-6c25025402e5e215bb6fcee093e29a0f.webp

Super weird animal, like a cat/marsupial blend. Look at how wide the jaw expands

I'd take one of those as a pet. Good way to go out.

Would you let me hunt one with archery tackle? Long Bow

No. Hand to hand combat

They're going to come back and kill off the Sasquatches, I can't support this!

Can I get the cliffs notes? Did we find mammoth dna in mosquitoes preserved in amber or…?

I watched a vice video with a Russian scientist that has been studying the Willy mammoths for decades in Siberia. It’s not really a crazy hypothesis given the evidence of where we find Wolly mammoths and the flora that lived there.
There's a Russian scientist that's been studying mammoth dicks for decades? Frickin Putin is a weirdo.

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
Count me in the I will believe it when I see it camp. Far too many scientists gloating about how they are going to do this or that in 5 years. How many of them ever work out??

That said I don't mind bringing back the mammoth. Humans existed at the same time as them, hunted them, and it shouldn't be too hard to keep them under control.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
Count me in the I will believe it when I see it camp. Far too many scientists gloating about how they are going to do this or that in 5 years. How many of them ever work out??

That said I don't mind bringing back the mammoth. Humans existed at the same time as them, hunted them, and it shouldn't be too hard to keep them under control.

Thank you, I can't see any negatives about bringing them back in a controlled environment

They went extinct the first time because of human encroachment and a warming climate. I can't imagine it will go better for them this time around. Of course, if humans are around to take care of them they should do alright, if not be very, very warm.

So do you think scientists are full of shite on the mammoth? Honest question
IMHO, research scientists are really good at spending money. And, the best way to get more money to spend is to say you are "close" to a breakthrough but need more money to keep the project going or expand it.

Lesson - wait for actual results.

"I've worked in the private sector, they demand results." - Ramond Stantz

I don't know about that. But to think about all the species that died due to humans......I welcome them back.
Like prairie chickens and carrier pigeons?
Bit different than a woolly mammoth. 🦣
I get where you’re going with that and I’m very glad we were able to avoid the extinction of American bison. Videos of human butt kickings in Yellowstone wouldn’t exist.
I say bring ‘em all back. Sabre tooth tigers, cave bears. Make camping fun again!

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
*cough* unintended consequences*cough*

And nothing is going to save the permafrost

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT