ADVERTISEMENT

Word on the street is

The street in question..

13639_04_10_16_11_50_55.jpeg

They need 3 things, they need another big that can handle bigger girls better than Hannah- I am leaning towards Ediger(seems to be the most athletic of the 3 C), they need Molly to remain healthy, lastly, they need 1 of the guards other than Caitlin to be hot from 3.

They need 3 things, they need another big that can handle bigger girls better than Hannah- I am leaning towards Ediger(seems to be the most athletic of the 3 C), they need Molly to remain healthy, lastly, they need 1 of the guards other than Caitlin to be hot from 3.
Feuerbach has been hopefully hitting her stride at the perfect time. And McCabe is ideal to come in and pull the trigger. Even if she only plays the bawinkel role of running corner to corner, she'll be open as people sag to help when clark drives.

Feuerbach has been hopefully hitting her stride at the perfect time. And McCabe is ideal to come in and pull the trigger. Even if she only plays the bawinkel role of running corner to corner, she'll be open as people sag to help when clark drives.
That’s right. Multiple 3PT scoring threats besides Clark makes Iowa a very formidable opponent. It is virtually guaranteed that defenses will sag to help defend Clark’s dribble drives. She is such a good passer. Make them pay!

The NBA "cheats" all the time simply through the assignment of officials and how they call the game. Gamblers know this and wait for it. A crew that calls a lot of ticky tack fouls will favor Iowa. A crew that lets rough play go will not. Nothing overt but very effective.

My biggest concern is HS getting in fouls trouble along with say a Kate Martin like the tOSU game. That will be difficult for us to overcome.

They absolutely want the money Clark will bring to the Final Four. May see a favorable draw for them in the tourney to help that happen.
Well you can put a team in a favorable bracket for the first 2 rounds but Sweet 16 will be very good teams.

Reactions: Torg and hawkod
If the supporting cast can play consistently like they did last night, they will get their wish.
was thinking the same thing watching last night. The ball movement, gap-filling, and obviously shooting were fantastic. Shore things up on the defensive end and that performance and they're playing for a long time.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
Can you imagine how many super pissed off people there would be if Iowa loses in the first round? That would almost certainly cost them literally millions upon millions of dollars in revenue.

All you had to do is ask me and I would have told you that the NCAA would love for Iowa to make the final 4. Does this really take any brain power or a thread?

Reactions: r448chlpo
NCAA wants iowa women in the final 4? Does that imply officiating going to favor hawks?
Do you have a link to this so called referenced “word on the street”? The only thing I am aware of is the proverbial “writing on the wall”.

Last edited:
NCAA wants iowa women in the final 4? Does that imply officiating going to favor hawks?
Of course the NCAA wants Iowa in the F4 - more like they want Caitlin Clark in the F4, thus the Iowa Hawkeyes - but that doesn't mean they are going to 'grease some palms' when it comes to officiating or some such.

More eyes = more money. Thus, they want the best player and everyone's desire to watch her play on the biggest stage at the beginning of April.

The other side of the coin is that I’m sure they want to force an intriguing matchup and so that could pit us against, say, LSU or South Carolina earlier than we otherwise would’ve.

I think the committee does manipulate the brackets this way but I don’t see directives coming in from on high to fix officiating in any direction, that’s a bit too tin-foily for me.

Used to happen in NBA with Jordan. It was called "Jordan Rules".

Refs last year in Finals were children. People want to see the stars.
Not. The "Jordan Rules" was in reference to how "the Bad Boys" from Detroit would play defense against Mike and da Bulls.....

Let's face it. All sports are rigged. Hundreds of thousands of people are involved in the conspiracy and none have leaked the story.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I'm calling BS on that
You are right. If Iowa beats OSU and then wins the BIG tourney, they will be a #1 seed. Most likely that will have to include another win over Indiana and OSU. #1 seed will be there if they finish with 2 wins over OSU and one against Indiana.

Reactions: littlez
This team should consider it a great season to reach the E8, not enough length/athleticism inside after Hannah.

They make it that far and Caitlin's back is going to be a wreck from the load.

Not. The "Jordan Rules" was in reference to how "the Bad Boys" from Detroit would play defense against Mike and da Bulls.....
I stand corrected.

I would still argue that other NBA teams thought Jordan got the calls and I don't think I remember a game where Jordan fouled out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT