ADVERTISEMENT

Would we rest starters?

KFsdisciple

HB Legend
Jul 3, 2003
Let's say for the sake of argument we had the west won before Black Friday... Should CJ King Canzeri see the field?

When the hell...... no, I won't be rude.

It is an interesting thought, but you don't rest starters in a college game, especially a rivalry game, and especially considering bowl standings are a lot based on record.

When the hell...... no, I won't be rude.

It is an interesting thought, but you don't rest starters in a college game, especially a rivalry game, and especially considering bowl standings are a lot based on record.
Winning the championship game would mean more than beating Nebraska...

Unless we lost CJ King etc then people will be screaming why were they playing?!?!

Yeah the chance of injury is fairly low. To risk a loss for the tiny chance is frankly kinda dumb.

This isn't the NFL. Game reps mean a ton in college its not like these guys are in year 8 of the same system. Wins and loses also have a huge impact on bowl standings, which can have a huge impact on the bottom line. The suggestion of resting people is just silly.

Yeah the chance of injury is fairly low. To risk a loss for the tiny chance is frankly kinda dumb.

This isn't the NFL. Game reps mean a ton in college its not like these guys are in year 8 of the same system. Wins and loses also have a huge impact on bowl standings, which can have a huge impact on the bottom line. The suggestion of resting people is just silly.
You're right... But it's fun to think about

Never mind, if the team was 10-1 going into Nebraska, they theoretically COULD still be in the playoff picture. A 12-1 B1G champion would likely get the nod. But an 11-2 one, I don't know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT