ADVERTISEMENT

Would ya?

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
Cooling cases for testicles have been invented by scientists in a bid to boost men's fertility.

The CoolMen gadget is attached to a belt and should be worn for 12-16 hours a day for up to a month to boost men's sperm count, its manufacturers say.

Testicles have to be one to two degrees cooler than a man's body temperature for optimum sperm production, but tight clothes, saunas and laptops can heat them up.

Costing around £240 ($304), the CoolMen is connected to the wearer's smartphone to allow real-time temperature monitoring and is currently undergoing medical testing.

8124480-6557429-image-a-19_1546601309800.jpg

The CoolMen is a lightweight, flexible device which is worn on the testicles to cool them down and boost sperm production, improving a man's chances of conceiving a child

Polish company Cooltec has invented the device – which cups the testicles in a chilled pouch – in a bid to help men conceive, Business Insider reports.

Recent studies show sperm counts around the world are plummeting – men living in Western countries are thought to have nearly 60 per cent less than 40 years ago.

Floundering fertility rates are thought to be down to unhealthy modern lifestyles which involve smoking, bad diets, obesity, exposure to plastics and inactivity.

'Disorders in sperm production are most commonly associated with elevated testicular temperatures,' Cooltec claims on its website.

'Elevated temperatures result in the death of cells from which spermatozoa are formed and further stages of the spermatogenesis process.

'Because of this, the quality of the semen from superheated testicles decreases.'

The firm claims up to 50 per cent of infertility cases among couples are down to poor sperm quality, and cooling the testicles can increase sperm counts in weeks.

Developers also say the device could treat varioceles, a type of varicose vein inside the scrotum which can cause infertility.

It should be worn for between 12 and 16 hours a day for three to four weeks, they say, while it chills the testicles and collects temperature data over time.

This data could be used by doctors to find possible reasons for a man's difficulty conceiving, and point to other suitable fertility treatments.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...chilling-device-try-boost-mens-fertility.html

I keep my boys cool with a beer between my legs while driving, but not 12 - 16 hours a day....

I still use the tried and tested ice cubes up the ass.

Nothing like in the summer. :D

I just look at chicks and they're pregnant. So no - I need something to keep my boys warmer.

I think they fumbled on the name for this thing.

"CoolMen"? That's just dumb.

It connects to your smart phone so they should have called it
"SmartBalls". :D:D

Looking at the picture I’m wondering if they come in bigger sizes?? That looks grape sized...I’m more of a peach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT