ADVERTISEMENT

Would you take Greg Davis back?

go away gtfo GIF

Reactions: DogBoyRy
I think we are literally at the point where we are trying to be this bad. I mean 2.5 years of this. It’s either incredible short sighted stubbornness or incompetence.

Reactions: GHawk
No on Greg Davis as he is too old. We need an OC who knows how to outflank the defense with quick passes to any eligible receiver. We need an OC who can maneuver Kirk into passing more on early downs, successfully, to back off and spread out defenses. That opens up the run game

We saw our run game improve under GDavis when Brian became run game coord as well as OLine coach. Brian just cant get the needed passing game going.

There are a whole bunch of teams passing the ball horizontally with great success as well as vertically. Our passing game sucks to a degree and we are surprised when we connect on passes.

The man won a Natty. Most coach's do not. I respect that. But to answer your question no.

The transition from Greg Davis to Brian Ferentz is eerily similar to Steve Alford to Todd Lickliter. Somehow the UI Athletic Department hired someone worse.

Brian Ferentz = Todd Lickliter and somehow the incompetent UI AD has allowed this "experiment gone wrong" to continue to fester.

Reactions: shudaddy
The transition from Greg Davis to Brian Ferentz is eerily similar to Steve Alford to Todd Lickliter. Somehow the UI Athletic Department hired someone worse.

Brian Ferentz = Todd Lickliter and somehow the incompetent UI AD has allowed this "experiment gone wrong" to continue to fester.
Yeah a coordinator hiring is never going to be as bad as the Todd Lickliter hiring. He had his players giving up on him entirely. Offense once scored less than 20 in a half.

Maybe I could agree they both have put out some of the worst offenses any of us have seen but the impact of the hiring isn’t the same oc vs head coach. Doesn’t mean both hires didn’t lead to embarrassing iowa.

The short answer is no because it doesn't matter. We run the offense Kirk wants us to run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT