ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Needs A Big Match on Thanksgiving

Agreed except some many wrestler want to eat a little turkey and stuffing that day - making weight on turkey day sucks

Maybe give them all a generous weight allowance for special circumstances at weigh in.

Seriously though, many of these guys have to pay attention to what they eat all season long. Just let them have time off with their families and have a chance to enjoy a nice meal without having to worry about making weight for a week or so.

Reactions: el dub
doc says to lose 30 lbs. been on keto diet for 10 days and lost 15 lbs. gained back 5 today. my wife was happy with my 'performance' today, but not that happy...

Maybe give them all a generous weight allowance for special circumstances at weigh in.

Seriously though, many of these guys have to pay attention to what they eat all season long. Just let them have time off with their families and have a chance to enjoy a nice meal without having to worry about making weight for a week or so.
Iowa has a dual at noon on Saturday. Half the team is from Pennsylvania. They’re already not enjoying a nice meal with their families.

It’s always seemed comically cruel that wrestling season starts just before the holiday season that emphasizes eating. Seems they could start in January and end a month after March madness; which would also avoid crossing fall and spring semesters.

doc says to lose 30 lbs. been on keto diet for 10 days and lost 15 lbs. gained back 5 today. my wife was happy with my 'performance' today, but not that happy...
My wife was really happy with my performance today also. Took five $20 bills out of my billfold and she left the rest of the day. Great performance for both of us...:D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT