ADVERTISEMENT

Wrigley Big Ten-ACC bowl game nearly done deal

Wrigley Field is a horrible place to play football at any time. To make the field fit both teams occupy the the same sideline. I went to a Bears game about 50 years ago with a front row seat behind the endzone and baseball dug out. Players past about mid -field could be seen from only the knees and up. I would not attend a game at Wrigley for free on a nice October day. A game in late December near the lake ...........................fill in whatever.

I don't think a bowl game sponsored by the Cubs will be played in Minneapolis...but I do like the new indoor stadium there.

And Wrigley Field used to be crowned, but that's not the case anymore. And when the Bears played there, the football field ran north and south. It will run east and west now, and there are seats that can be removed so it will fit safely. But no matter the details, outdoor bowl games in the north need to end.
Although imagine Florida State, Georgia Tech, or Miami playing football in Wrigley in December. Now THAT would be worth seeing...on TV. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT