ADVERTISEMENT

WSJ: Trump Has Discussed Starting a New Party

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006
President Trump has talked in recent days with associates about forming a new political party, according to people familiar with the matter, an effort to exert continued influence after he leaves the White House.

Mr. Trump discussed the matter with several aides and other people close to him last week, the people said. The president said he would want to call the new party the “Patriot Party,” the people said.

I think he'll find it harder to fundraise without the corporate money behind the RNC (or DNC for that matter). He might make more money doing Cameos for supporters. His supporters will all do a gofundme when it gets close to their birthday so all the other poor Trump supporters can chip in and then send Trump $500 for a birthday Cameo with him reading a patriotic message.

President Trump has talked in recent days with associates about forming a new political party, according to people familiar with the matter, an effort to exert continued influence after he leaves the White House.

Mr. Trump discussed the matter with several aides and other people close to him last week, the people said. The president said he would want to call the new party the “Patriot Party,” the people said.

Did Nazi That Comin'....

Dear Lord please let this happen. Then Manchin and Romney get together and form another and win every election from here on out.

Reactions: hawkifann
RIP Republican Party. Sleep now in the fire
Wow....Hawley and Cruz and the rest would finally reap what they sow. GOP would have a large % of their base gone. Trump‘s new party would take the neo-Nazi, klansman, white supremacsits, Quanons, and other “tin foil hat“ conspiracists out of the GOP base. Split would be so bad neither a Trump, nor GOP candidate could be elected.

Is this like the ragbrai splitting into that other bike ride ? I see the prestige of both has fallen mightily considering a ragbrai stop is in good ole sac city , I like sac but ragbrai from 2018 and before would have no business running through sac city.

Reactions: torbee
tenor.gif

Considering the GOP adopted no party platform at Trump's Convention this year, I'd love to see what issues the Patriot Party thinks they're going to advance beyond MAGA

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Democratic Party should support and fund this. That would split up the Republicans just enough in tightly contested states to ensure they won the Presidential race while this is happening.

I could see this happening, provided:
*Someone else does all of the work to start it
*Someone else provides all of the funding to start it
*trump gets paid a significant amount of money up front, with trailing royalties, for use of his name

Reactions: nu2u
This would require too much work for Trump, but might get some legs if someone else takes up the cause.

This would be a nightmare for the GOP establishment, but would likely be welcomed by true Republicans.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
This would require too much work for Trump, but might get some legs if someone else takes up the cause.

This would be a nightmare for the GOP establishment, but would likely be welcomed by true Republicans.

....is it the "true Republicans" that are the fascists and bigots?

Or the true Republicans that'll welcome rejecting that from the party?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT