ADVERTISEMENT

WW3 is nigh

Hell of a trojan horse here, encircle a nation and call it a drill, get the nation to fire first in defense, then invade

We live in a world where nations are trolls now
My history may be fuzzy, but isn't this how the confederates tried to frame things at Fort Sumter? Minus the "drill" part, of course.

Or is this just how certain historians from the South try to re-write the history?

Economic destruction. Tends to lead to hungry people.

Be like Russia’s economy after they invaded Ukraine only a hell of a lot worse.

China won’t invade because of the economic impact it would have.
It was hoped that economic opportunity costs would preclude Russia from invading Ukraine.

They put higher value on the non-economic considerations.

Same thing could happen here.

This younger generation is going to get us all killed.

They wanted to use US Troops and nukes in Ukraine and think any time somebody farts or does a drill WWIII is on us and we need to attack.

They make fun of the “greatest generation” while they act like they want to be called “the last generation”.
The greatest generation is a bit of hype. Those in combat were mostly scared to death kids that had no idea where they were exactly and only what was right in front of them. I've interviewed hundreds of WW2 vets. The main reason for being silent was they lived with something they did or didn't do that led to the injury or death of a friend. The battlefield was total chaos. They didn't do what other generations didn't do when tasked with something extreme. The vast majority loved FDR and were lifetime democrats and would dislike violations of freedom of speech that we see today. Typical foor their time, many were in fact racist, but there were a lot of them that had disdain for how blacks were treated by the military or near military bases.

Honestly, I don't know of anyone that makes for of WW2 soldiers. Who are these people?

Most younger people have no opinion about Ukraine or what is going on. The Democratic boomers are the most vocal go to war in Ukraine group with no understanding of the stakes. I have no idea where you are finding pro war "younger" people.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
Just when you start to think this country is close to achieving true equality, you're reminded that the draft still applies only to men.

I expect we'll see women marching in the streets of most major cities any day now to address this injustice.
It’s because the United States needs its women to repopulate the country with babies which they are already marching in the streets against.

It was hoped that economic opportunity costs would preclude Russia from invading Ukraine.

They put higher value on the non-economic considerations.

Same thing could happen here.
Donbas = gas/oil. Russia economy is 1/3 gas and oil. 1/5 military weapons. Russia did count the opportunity cost. Pipelines from Ukraine to west Europe = no more Russian oil/gas needed. Pipeline from Iraq to west Europe = reduced need for Russian oil.

Were has Russia been fighting? They counted the opportunity costs.

Reminded of:

quote-god-will-roast-their-stomachs-in-hell-at-the-hands-of-iraqis-mohammed-saeed-al-sahaf-1-40-56.jpg

Reactions: h-hawk
This younger generation is going to get us all killed.

They wanted to use US Troops and nukes in Ukraine and think any time somebody farts or does a drill WWIII is on us and we need to attack.

They make fun of the “greatest generation” while they act like they want to be called “the last generation”.
No we make fun of the boomers. We respect the greatest generation ever

Reactions: TunzaHawk
the chinese are doing their thing of keeping us at heightened alert for prolonged periods to sap us. hope we have some clever and surreptitious means of kicking their ass when they pull stunts like this

Reactions: jasonrann
Not buying it. China would go into an economic depressions with the loss of foreign investment and their exports dropping. Likely they would face starvation and mass social unrest.

If china does invade a 500% tariff should be put on all their products.
This is sound reasoning.

I'll just point out that Imperial Japan committed national suicide when they attacked Pearl Harbor,

Their leadership KNEW they couldn't win a sustained war v the United States but did it anyway.

Sometimes countries do some really stupid shit.

In addition...all the Autocracies Russia/Germany/Austria-Hungary KNEW a general war (WW1) in Europe would most likely mean the end of their regimes but pushed ahead anyway.

What do you think, Whiskey? China trying to bait Taiwan into making a move? I definitely agree with your comment about fvcking around.
They (C)are trying to provoke them(T). They (c)are playing the mind games with their(c) population to get them ready for war.

It's the kid that puts his face in the other kids face and says "I'm not touching you" and then cries like a birch when they get slapped. China wants "slapped" if you will.

War is good for economies and we have alot of leaders with shitty economies right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: jasonrann
Yes. Massive implications because of the semiconductor industry and future of computing/technology. For the same reason it would be important to us.
Why don't they just steal the superconductors and make their own like they do every other copyrighted or patented item they want to mass produce for cheaper? Does Taiwan have some secret process the world doesn't know about? Is there some rare earth metal that's only found on Taiwan?

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just too tired and lazy to look it up myself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT