ADVERTISEMENT

WW3 looming

This is like two social outcasts finding each other at the school dance,.. As Russia has become more and more ostracized it was inevitable..

I’m expecting them to ally with Iran and possibly like Pakistan.

I feel like Russia and North Korea just came to some sort of agreement last week.

I'm not sure what level of agreement though.

Thing to keep in mind that a lot of these countries don't agree on much other than hating the west. So their willingness to stick their neck out for one another is very questionable.

Russia and China are the 2 biggest countries in the anti-western block of nations but they have almost nothing in common other than that. They don't have a common ideology, religion, culture, ethnicity, or goals.

Reactions: h-hawk and CaboKP
I'm not sure what level of agreement though.

Thing to keep in mind that a lot of these countries don't agree on much other than hating the west. So their willingness to stick their neck out for one another is very questionable.

Russia and China are the 2 biggest countries in the anti-western block of nations but they have almost nothing in common other than that. They don't have a common ideology, religion, culture, ethnicity, or goals.

I think when you have a general hatred of a common foe, you’re almost certainly willing to overlook some things. For instance, I don’t know how much Russia and China are willing to spar over religion and ethnicity. Their goal, if you believe it is to tank the West. I think if you throw Iran in there, they will go along to get along to accomplish this goal. The real difference I see is the means and methods of how they would do it. China would rather it be through tanking the USD, Russia can live with that. Iran would rather it be through bloodshed, which if Russia was coming from a place of power wouldn’t object to however we’ve seen how depleted their army actually is against Ukraine.

Reactions: h-hawk
I think when you have a general hatred of a common foe, you’re almost certainly willing to overlook some things. For instance, I don’t know how much Russia and China are willing to spar over religion and ethnicity. Their goal, if you believe it is to tank the West. I think if you throw Iran in there, they will go along to get along to accomplish this goal. The real difference I see is the means and methods of how they would do it. China would rather it be through tanking the USD, Russia can live with that. Iran would rather it be through bloodshed, which if Russia was coming from a place of power wouldn’t object to however we’ve seen how depleted their army actually is against Ukraine.
In the last 25 years, has any nation brought more bloodshed to the world than the U.S.?

I mean, we meant well and all, but in terms of body count nobody holds a candle to the results of the wars we've directly participated in, or fed weapons to since 2000.

The scariest thing the Norks could do is launch an EMP over the North American continent.
They already have demonstrated the nuclear capability and the launch capacity to do it.

Lol...emp isn't like the movies idiot

I watched a podcast of a former CIA operative, and he claims we are currently in WW III, but it's being fought in a new way, via world powers fighting proxy wars, or some hybrid of proxy wars via some level of participation, or financial wars such as embargos, etc.

Russia (China) v Ukraine (US / Europe)
Hezbollah (Iran) v Israel (US)
Houthis (Yemen) v Israel / Europe (US)

I think that's a good perspective, and from that perspective we're already there.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
Lol...emp isn't like the movies idiot

Lol...I hope you didn't withhold your expertise from the commission.

http://www.empcommission.org/docs/empc_exec_rpt.pdf

http://www.empcommission.org/docs/A2473-EMP_Commission-7MB.pdf

https://docs.house.gov/meetings/HM/HM09/20171012/106467/HHRG-115-HM09-Wstate-PryP-20171012.pdf

In 2004, two Russian generals, both EMP experts, warned the EMP Commission that the design for Russia’s Super-EMP warhead, capable of generating high intensity EMP fields over 100,000 volts per meter, was “accidentally” transferred to North Korea. They also said that due to “brain drain,” Russian scientists were in North Korea, as were Chinese and Pakistani scientists according to the Russians, helping with the North’s missile and nuclear weapon programs. In 2009, South Korean military intelligence told their press that Russian scientists are in North Korea helping develop an EMP nuclear weapon. In 2013, a Chinese military commentator stated North Korea has Super-EMP nuclear weapons.
Super-EMP weapons are low-yield and designed to produce not a big kinetic explosion, but rather a high level of gamma rays, which generates the high-frequency E1 EMP that is most damaging to the broadest range of electronics. North Korean nuclear tests, including the first in 2006, whose occurrence was predicted to the EMP Commission two years in advance by the two Russian EMP experts, mostly have yields consistent with the size of a Super-EMP weapon. The Russian generals’ accurate prediction about when North Korea would perform its first nuclear test, and of a yield consistent with a Super-EMP weapon, indicates their warning about a North Korean Super-EMP weapon should be taken very seriously.

Lol...I hope you didn't withhold your expertise from the commission.

http://www.empcommission.org/docs/empc_exec_rpt.pdf

http://www.empcommission.org/docs/A2473-EMP_Commission-7MB.pdf

https://docs.house.gov/meetings/HM/HM09/20171012/106467/HHRG-115-HM09-Wstate-PryP-20171012.pdf

In 2004, two Russian generals, both EMP experts, warned the EMP Commission that the design for Russia’s Super-EMP warhead, capable of generating high intensity EMP fields over 100,000 volts per meter, was “accidentally” transferred to North Korea. They also said that due to “brain drain,” Russian scientists were in North Korea, as were Chinese and Pakistani scientists according to the Russians, helping with the North’s missile and nuclear weapon programs. In 2009, South Korean military intelligence told their press that Russian scientists are in North Korea helping develop an EMP nuclear weapon. In 2013, a Chinese military commentator stated North Korea has Super-EMP nuclear weapons.
Super-EMP weapons are low-yield and designed to produce not a big kinetic explosion, but rather a high level of gamma rays, which generates the high-frequency E1 EMP that is most damaging to the broadest range of electronics. North Korean nuclear tests, including the first in 2006, whose occurrence was predicted to the EMP Commission two years in advance by the two Russian EMP experts, mostly have yields consistent with the size of a Super-EMP weapon. The Russian generals’ accurate prediction about when North Korea would perform its first nuclear test, and of a yield consistent with a Super-EMP weapon, indicates their warning about a North Korean Super-EMP weapon should be taken very seriously.

Popular Mechanics did an experiment ~20 years with vehicles and emp and even at the highest settings it rarely even turned off the vehicles and never ruined their electronics

Last edited:
Popular Mechanics did an experiment ~20 years with vehicles and emp and even at the highest settings it rarely even turned off vehicles and never ruined their electronics

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/news/a28425/emp-north-korea/

The long, slow E3 pulse is a threat, though, and may be strong enough to burn out transformers attached to long power cables.

While the generators themselves may be left intact, the damage inflicted by E1 and E3 pulses mean no electricity can reach people, so the lights will go out. What happens after that is speculation.

Some have suggested that North Korea's next move may be a massive cyberattack. But a nuclear EMP would prove North Korea's nuclear capability and also cause billions of dollars of damage. The U.S. might shrug off yet another cyberattack, but an EMP is impossible to ignore

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/news/a28425/emp-north-korea/

The long, slow E3 pulse is a threat, though, and may be strong enough to burn out transformers attached to long power cables.

While the generators themselves may be left intact, the damage inflicted by E1 and E3 pulses mean no electricity can reach people, so the lights will go out. What happens after that is speculation.

Some have suggested that North Korea's next move may be a massive cyberattack. But a nuclear EMP would prove North Korea's nuclear capability and also cause billions of dollars of damage. The U.S. might shrug off yet another cyberattack, but an EMP is impossible to ignore

Yes, I read that also...a nuclear EMP is not a long, SLOW, EMP

Yes, I read that also...a nuclear EMP is not a long, SLOW, EMP
You really should have shared your expertise with the commission.

The EMP arrives in three phases—a near-instantaneous, powerful pulse known as E1, a subsequent high-amplitude pulse known as E2, and a slower and lower-amplitude (but still damaging) waveform known as E3. E1 causes most of its damage by inducing voltage in electrical conductors beyond what they can handle. E2 pulses behave similarly to the current produced by a lightning strike, and thus would likely be the least-damaging phase (assuming standard lightning protections haven’t been disabled by E1). E3, which can last from several seconds to several minutes, occurs when the fireball from a large detonation briefly warps the Earth’s magnetic field. Its effects are akin to those of a geomagnetic storm caused by solar flares. It feasts on long electrical conductors, such as power and telecommunications lines, allowing its effects to ripple outward.

You really should have shared your expertise with the commission.

The EMP arrives in three phases—a near-instantaneous, powerful pulse known as E1, a subsequent high-amplitude pulse known as E2, and a slower and lower-amplitude (but still damaging) waveform known as E3. E1 causes most of its damage by inducing voltage in electrical conductors beyond what they can handle. E2 pulses behave similarly to the current produced by a lightning strike, and thus would likely be the least-damaging phase (assuming standard lightning protections haven’t been disabled by E1). E3, which can last from several seconds to several minutes, occurs when the fireball from a large detonation briefly warps the Earth’s magnetic field. Its effects are akin to those of a geomagnetic storm caused by solar flares. It feasts on long electrical conductors, such as power and telecommunications lines, allowing its effects to ripple outward.

Why didn't Las Vegas ever lose power then?

Why didn't Las Vegas ever lose power then?

Because those weren’t high altitude, air burst tests.

In July 1962, the US carried out the Starfish Primetest, exploding a 1.44 Mt (6.0 PJ) bomb 400 kilometres (250 mi; 1,300,000 ft) above the mid-Pacific Ocean. This demonstrated that the effects of a high-altitude nuclear explosion were much larger than had been previously calculated. Starfish Prime made those effects known to the public by causing electrical damage in Hawaii, about 1,445 kilometres (898 mi) away from the detonation point, disabling approximately 300 streetlights, triggering numerous burglar alarms and damaging a microwave link.

The EMP damage of the Starfish Prime test was quickly repaired due, in part, to the fact that the EMP over Hawaii was relatively weak compared to what could be produced with a more intense pulse, and in part due to the relative ruggedness (compared to today) of Hawaii's electrical and electronic infrastructure in 1962.

The relatively small magnitude of the Starfish Prime EMP in Hawaii (about 5.6 kilovolts/metre) and the relatively small amount of damage (for example, only 1% to 3% of streetlights extinguished) led some scientists to believe, in the early days of EMP research, that the problem might not be significant. Later calculations showed that if the Starfish Prime warhead had been detonated over the northern continental United States, the magnitude of the EMP would have been much larger (22 to 30 kV/m) because of the greater strength of the Earth's magnetic field over the United States, as well as its different orientation at high latitudes. These calculations, combined with the accelerating reliance on EMP-sensitive microelectronics, heightened awareness that EMP could be a significant problem.

Yeah, but they won't really stick their necks out there for each other.

If Russia does something dumb to trigger war with the west, China isn't going to be rushing in to help and vise versa.

They will help out on the fringe, China might even give them a few conventional weapons to use against Ukraine. But that's about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT