ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Foster

He doesn't wrestle.

Top 50 or 100 players don't worry about who they are competing with. They want to win and get to the league, which ISU provides. BTW, ISU is a great program at utilizing the stretch 4.
Who has Prohm utilized as a stretch 4?

More like 6'10/11. He's basically the same height as Garza. A few stones lighter, though.

Not claiming expertise on this because I haven't seen it recently.....I thought we heard last year that Jack was still growing and had passed Garza.....thought I saw a picture somewhere that showed he was taller than Luka....my memory isn't good though so who knows.

233742_Iowa-freshmen-basketball-DRC_3098_ififsc_MyAJC.jpg

Reactions: ZumaHawk
I also think he has the opportunity to step in and make an impact right away (especially defensively) from day 1.

This could be our starting 5 and reserves

SF-Patrick McCaffrey 6'9" So
PF-Xavier Foster 7'0" Fr / Cordell Pemsl 6'8" Sr
C-Luka Garza 6'11" Sr / Jack Nunge 7'0" Jr
OG-Joe Wieskamp 6'6" Jr / CJ Fredrick 6'4" So
PG-Joe Toussaint 6'0" So / Connor McCaffrey 6'5" Jr

Patrick at 3 because the wonderful jobs Uthoff and Whitey did defensively at that position? That lineup looks like going bigger an slower.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
He doesn't wrestle.

Top 50 or 100 players don't worry about who they are competing with. They want to win and get to the league, which ISU provides. BTW, ISU is a great program at utilizing the stretch 4.
I don't care that he doesn't wrestle. I want him to go to Iowa so we can win a championship in basketball, because f*** Iowa State.

How's that sound.....

Seems like Foster likes the Iowa coaches and players ... We miss the tourney again this year I think our chances of landing him reach about 5% ... Watched him in the state tourney ... You can't teach the length and athleticism ... You can see the potential with the right coaching ...
This is what I think too. I can't say he will be a Hawkeye, but I think he wants to see them succeed this year before making his decision.

That is always the excuse when there is success and rival fans have difficulty dealing with it.

Niang was a good player but you're being delusional if you think Prohm had much to do with it. The guy was a NBA prospect before Prohm even got there. A rational person can see Niang was developed by Hoiberg and his 3 years with him instead of making an argument that Prohm developed and utilized him as a stretch 4 in his single year.

You are all possibly correct.

Acting out of control and no post season success might not matter to the top players.

Time will tell, it almost always does.
However, wasn't Prohm the coach acting "out of control" when Iowa beat them this season?

He doesn't wrestle.

However, outside of Kansas, the B12 conference is weak for basketball (even moreso than football).

He has been a surprise. Or at least to me. Dude is a nice player...and possibly a douche.

Was his sandy vagina specific to the Iowa game, or is that an issue in general?
So far, Iowa was an anomaly. No sign of anything like chippiness in any other game. Something going on there.

Can only speculate about Jacobson. Was he hoping for more interest from Iowa before he signed with Nebraska? Or when he made the decision to transfer?

Can only speculate about Jacobson. Was he hoping for more interest from Iowa before he signed with Nebraska? Or when he made the decision to transfer?
I could be mistaken but I thought he was saying or reporting an offer from Iowa but never had one

He knows it means more to Pollard and fans than any other game.
That is not only utterly ridiculous, it's the flip side of reality. Pemsl plays one game??? Hawks, to their credit, acted like they were playing for the NC.

That is not only utterly ridiculous, it's the flip side of reality. Pemsl plays one game??? Hawks, to their credit, acted like they were playing for the NC.

I tire of the Iowa fans that say Pollard cares more about the Iowa game as much as the next guy, but can we just go with the stipulation that the game means a lot to both fan bases and coaches? It's an in-state rivalry for crying out loud. It should matter. Pemsl played because his knee felt much better and he hadn't yet had the surgery. So he played. And subsequently the pain returned. I'm not sure what the "playing for the NC" comment is all about. Part of coaching is having a team ready to go. Iowa's generally had good intensity this year with the exception of at Purdue and the home game against Bryant. Got housed at MSU, but that had more to do with Spartans being really good.

Specific to this year's game, Iowa was pretty much backed into a corner and played like it. They were coming off losing a close game to Wisconsin and getting taken to the woodshed by MSU. If Iowa didn't beat ISU, it was looking into the abyss of going between the New York games and the first week of January in winning any games against good teams.

Since we mentioned Nunge's growth, how is his game developing? Anyone seen practices or heard reports? I am still hopeful that he is going to be a pretty damn good stretch 4/5 for the next few years.

Since we mentioned Nunge's growth, how is his game developing? Anyone seen practices or heard reports? I am still hopeful that he is going to be a pretty damn good stretch 4/5 for the next few years.

He's hurt. Can't remember what the injury is though.

I always thought Fran made the promise to Woodbury that he would start him from day 1, and I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the same promise to Foster. Nothing wrong with that, you have give top talent a reason to chose Iowa.

I think the “Woody promise to start” is Internet lore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT