ADVERTISEMENT

XFL Today!

Bro D

HB Legend
Nov 17, 2003
I'm sure it will be terrible but at least its something! #sportsball

Seattle @ D.C., 2 pm Eastern Time on ABC

LA Wildcats @ Houston, 5 pm Eastern Time on Fox

I can't believe a start-up league has two teams in LA. WTF?

Won’t watch a second but went ahead and bet the under on every game. Usually in these lesser leagues, the OL play is terrible.

We've never seen a down of football with this league yet.

Bold move, Cotton... let's see how it plays out.

I’m a crack head so I’ll watch

VG1zxKl.gif

I'll watch a little out of curiosity, but I don't really go through football withdrawal this time of year like some people do. Hockey season is kicking into high gear now with the push to the playoffs.

Reactions: dirtypool
There are no teams located anywhere near me, so I have no geographical rooting interest. As far as I know, the only former Iowa player is RB James Butler of the Houston Roughnecks. But I don’t think he’s one of their top two so I doubt he’ll get much playing time. I suppose I could root for Stoops.

XFL doesn’t have two teams in LA

I thought it was odd that they specified the team nickname in my local fishwrap TV listing, so I googled and saw the Wildcats and the Extreme, but further research shows the Extreme were one of the XFL teams from the first failed attempt.

My bad.

Still don't understand why the newspaper specified the Wildcats and not for the other three teams playing today.

eh, Rugby is on NBCSN right now. Thats a fun sport to watch
I am sure there will be some hockey on, and Iowa hoops plays later today.

It’s Major League Rugby opening weekend and former CR Xavier Saint and Iowa Hawkeye walk-on fullback turned Hawkeye rugby player, just rumbled in for a score on national TV:

More games on TV this weekend:

Reactions: dirtypool
I like the rules so far. Would be good to see the NFL adopt the kickoff and extra point methods.

Hopefully this sticks around. Hoping to go to the DC game next weekend.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Won’t watch a second but went ahead and bet the under on every game. Usually in these lesser leagues, the OL play is terrible.
Sorry about the first game!

Edited - my mistake. I thought I saw it was 49.5.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying this so far. Liked how fast and matter of fact that last review of the spot was. I think DC will have to be my team, I've always had a soft spot for Cardale.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
So far it looks good to me. I'll root for the St. Louis BattleHawks since its the closest to home. Plus they have Hawks in their name. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Moral
Butler is Houston's return man. Two very good looking returns so far.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT