ADVERTISEMENT

Yelp has spoken: Pequod's Pizzeria in Chicago is America's best

Pequod’s Pizza is available on goldbelly.com if you want to try it.
$99.95 for two pizzas with free shipping.
They need to work on that. I have ordered them and they were inconsistent. A deep dish is a finicky thing from frozen. Lou Malnati's is a solid pizza, but kudos to them for packaging and shipping a quality pizza. We've ordered quite a few, and I ship them to buddies around the US and everyone raves about them.
Bartolini's also ships and cooks very well if you are ordering from Goldbelly.

Oh eat a dick. I'm clearly having some fun, why don't you try?
Do I think that the best 'pizza' in the US should be a traditional pizza? Yes.
Do I actually care what Yelp says? No.
Sure, but people are usually good at this when they try. I'll rank you above Northern, but below Trad in your clever trolling technique.

I've always wanted to order some of our favorite foods from far away, but always back out when it comes time to enter the card info. I just know it's going to be disappointing AF, especially for the cost.
Yea, I know it isn’t cheap. There are specials sometimes.

It's delicious. So is Giordano's. So is Wig and Pen here in Iowa. So is basically every chicago style pizza out there. NY style is also delicious, as is neopolitan style, pub style, etc. It's all delicious, and it's all pizza.
Max Greenfield Reaction GIF by CBS

It's delicious. So is Giordano's. So is Wig and Pen here in Iowa. So is basically every chicago style pizza out there. NY style is also delicious, as is neopolitan style, pub style, etc. It's all delicious, and it's all pizza.
Said it before and I’ll say it again: I lived in Michigan just NE of Chicago for years. We were the rare intersection of SW Mich to have both a Jet’s and a Giordano’s. I’ve had lots of thick crust pizza. The best Chicago style is actually the Flying Tomato at Wig and Pen in Iowa City. The best Detroit style is the Motown at Roscoe’s in Cedar Rapids. The best tavern style (really Chicago’s #1 style) is a tavern in Michigan.

Sure, but people are usually good at this when they try. I'll rank you above Northern, but below Trad in your clever trolling technique.
It's not really a troll as I think it's dumb to have a chicago style as the best as it's not a traditional pizza. But it's funny that people are so upset by my opinion. Which makes me double down.
When really I don't give a shit what Yelp says, their lists are generally dumb.

It's not really a troll as I think it's dumb to have a chicago style as the best as it's not a traditional pizza. But it's funny that people are so upset by my opinion. Which makes me double down.
Oh eat a dick. I'm clearly having some fun, why don't you try?

I’m not upset by your opinion. I’m confused. I always assumed people knew there were many different styles of pizza and they are all good. Well not St. Louis style.

I’m not upset by your opinion. I’m confused. I always assumed people knew there were many different styles of pizza and they are all good. Well not St. Louis style.
Does it look more like a casserole than a traditional pizza? There isn't even cheese on top.
I think it's a dumb choice, but the casserole comment is hyperbole. For comic effect. Like most of this page.

Does it look more like a casserole than a traditional pizza? There isn't even cheese on top.
I think it's a dumb choice, but the casserole comment is hyperbole. For comic effect. Like most of this page.

I’ve been eating Chicago style deep dish my entire life. It looks like pizza to me.

Technically speaking, no American pizza is a “traditional” pizza.

Here is a pic of one that is:

best-pizza-in-italy-pepe-in-grani-XL-PIZZA0916-c1af46698f014aa5aecfcbe22d422815.jpg

Yelp list without Chris Bianco's place on it.....more like Yelp list for the poors.....amiright

Which ‘Nole is it that posts foodie reviews in the style of a verbose LuteHawk? I’m surprised I haven’t read his handiwork in this thread.

Similar. A few differences, one is the sauce on top. The crust is also different.
Giordano’s also uses two to three times more cheese. There’s around a pound of cheese in a Giordano’s 10 inch deep dish pie.

• Love
Reactions: Bro D
Giordano’s also uses two to three times more cheese. There’s around a pound of cheese in a Giordano’s 10 inch deep dish pie.

Giordanos Chicago style deep dish is tough to eat. It’s like a food bomb. They also make a pan pizza that I think is better.

Reactions: mnole03
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT