ADVERTISEMENT

You stay classy Alabama

Took awhile but stupid showed up.
giphy.gif

Remember, Saban coached at Mich St. He may still dislike Michigan. Who could blame him.

Teams taking a knee in Minnesota’s situation is done because it’s the safe thing to do when you’re up one score. Up 12, like Alabama, there’s much less risk if they fumble. Did they actually keep running once they could mathematically run the clock out without a first down?
Yes, Bama could have taken one more knee and ended it. I have no issue though. Jimmy poked the bear with comments this summer about recruiting in the SEC. Saban coaches at MsU so I’m sure he already hated Michigan.
I’d go for one more score as well against Jimmy.

Reactions: pacnorthhawkeye
You coach to your own personality, Saban has always been a jerk so I would have been surprised if he would have instructed his players to take a knee. Remember his QB got hurt late in the 1st half against Miss State when they were up by 4 TD's.

Reactions: Razorhawk2
Coaching 101 is once the losing team concedes by putting their back ups in a game with the score being more than a two score difference then the winning team will back off, put reserves in and not run up the score.

If the losing team continues to play their starters, try to rip the ball loose continuously on D, keep their starting qb in by throwing downfield then the opposing coach feels no need to put his back ups in.

In this case, Harbaugh got what he deserved by not putting back ups in when down two plus scores and having his starters try and strip the ball from Harris the entire length of the field. I don’t feel bad for Harbaugh, he gets what he deserves.

Reactions: Hawks_Rock_12
If you don't want points scored against you, stop them.
I didnt think Bama was classless at the end of the game.
Don't take issue with it - I'd like Iowa to punch it in even when the game is already ours.

Win by as many points as possible, as often as possible.
Play the game pussy's. JFC, if you can't stop the opposing team you deserved to be scored on.
Meh, no reason to be an a hole but I would certainly not tell my guys to stop playing or not score. Likely back off the post patterns and flea flickers but if my reserves execute well and het a chance to score go for it.
Coaching 101 is once the losing team concedes by putting their back ups in a game with the score being more than a two score difference then the winning team will back off, put reserves in and not run up the score.

If the losing team continues to play their starters, try to rip the ball loose continuously on D, keep their starting qb in by throwing downfield then the opposing coach feels no need to put his back ups in.

In this case, Harbaugh got what he deserved by not putting back ups in when down two plus scores and having his starters try and strip the ball from Harris the entire length of the field. I don’t feel bad for Harbaugh, he gets what he deserves.

I'm reminded of the 2010 Insight bowl. Stanzi converts on third down with a pass to Reisner (I think) and he comes up inches short of a TD. Seconds left. Ref winds the clock. Too much time left on the game clock to stall so Stanzi takes a knee. Game over. Class.

I dont know if you guys watched the game but they reward Najee Harris with that TD at the end because he deserved it. He had an amazing drive where he broke tons of tackles. Might be a little classless but still deserved a score on that drive.

Reactions: mtdew_fever
I dont know if you guys watched the game but they reward Najee Harris with that TD at the end because he deserved it. He had an amazing drive where he broke tons of tackles. Might be a little classless but still deserved a score on that drive.

Was it classy or classless of Kirk not to give Cocker the ball at the end of the Insight bowl? He had over 200 yds rushing. Did he not deserve it?

Was it classy or classless of Kirk not to give Cocker the ball at the end of the Insight bowl? He had over 200 yds rushing. Did he not deserve it?

The final score was 24-27 which is obviously is a close game where you should knee the ball out to prevent a turnover. In this case, a turnover would not have mattered. Who cares if it was classy or classless. The dude on that drive had 3 insane runs.

The final score was 24-27 which is obviously is a close game where you should knee the ball out to prevent a turnover.

A goal line fumble with seconds left is practically taking a knee. Mizzou is not going to score with seconds left from their own 1.

In this case, a turnover would not have mattered.

The extra score wasn't necessary either.

Coker should have been given the ball.

Personally, I would frown upon throwing deep if QB1 is still in the game but I would never view it as "classless" to continue to run the ball regardless of score. Nor do I see it as "classy" to take a knee when the game is in hand.

Seem to remember last year during Michigan's "pay back" season they rolled up points on a few teams. The world is round.

Personally, I would frown upon throwing deep if QB1 is still in the game but I would never view it as "classless" to continue to run the ball regardless of score.

I don't see how you make the "class" distinction between throwing deep or a short run when the game is in hand. Is a short pass ok but not a long run?

I don't see how you make the "class" distinction between throwing deep or a short run when the game is in hand. Is a short pass ok but not a long run?
I would say when the game is in hand, the team that is certain to win should only run the ball for the remainder of their opportunities. No passing, period, unless the backups are in for repetitions that benefit the future.

Showing that all you're going to do is run the ball until the end of the game allows the opposing coach to know he should simply stack the box. If the losing coach can't get his guys to prevent future scoring by stuffing the now-one-dimentional winning offense well, too bad so sad.

If you know I'm running and you can't stop me, you suck.

I would say when the game is in hand, the team that is certain to win should only run the ball for the remainder of their opportunities. No passing, period, unless the backups are in for repetitions that benefit the future.

Showing that all you're going to do is run the ball until the end of the game allows the opposing coach to know he should simply stack the box. If the losing coach can't get his guys to prevent future scoring by stuffing the now-one-dimentional winning offense well, too bad so sad.

If you know I'm running and you can't stop me, you suck.

Rushing but not passing is a rationalization. Either way it's bush.

Buh-bye.

Don't want to get beat bad? Score more or stop them. If ANY school outside Bama or SEC did that to Michigan, this board would be all in!

Last edited:
What!!!?? Stick to making chinese food and less about football!!
I don't understand your response...you literally sound like your feelings have been hurt because someone feels like a team should continue to attempt to score points - in a game where you're supposed to score points! That's why you play the damn game!

I saw Saban with that last touchdown I thought how classless. Then I remembered he did against Harbaugh. Is it possible to think something is classless but still be happy that it happened against Michigan?
Classless is as classless does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT