ADVERTISEMENT

Young people experiencing 'widespread' psychological distress over government handling of looming climate crisis, researchers say

We should start with bringing down the birth rates, which isn’t popular but is necessary. I’m not sure why we reward people for having more kids with tax deductions. Id like to see a tax deduction for the first kid. Two kids, no deduction. 3+ kids, penalties per.
Replacement value is all we need. I don't understand people who have 4 or more children.

somebody better do something about China, by far the biggest polluter on the planet. So far, they havent shown that they give a crap.
19% of China’s exports come to the US, so US consumption is a big part of the problem. We need to move away from this cheap throw away culture of ours.

Reactions: strummingram
Replacement value is all we need. I don't understand people who have 4 or more children.
Perhaps someone smarter than myself can explain why we need even replacement numbers. It would seem beneficial to lower our population.

• Haha
Reactions: Wendy79
We should start with bringing down the birth rates, which isn’t popular but is necessary. I’m not sure why we reward people for having more kids with tax deductions. Id like to see a tax deduction for the first kid. Two kids, no deduction. 3+ kids, penalties per.

Perhaps someone smarter than myself can explain why we need even replacement numbers. It would seem beneficial to lower our population.

Well that's not very capitalistic of you.

But I've done my part.

Well that's not very capitalistic of you.

But I've done my part.
I get that we can’t keep the pyramid scheme going with reductions in population, but at least we keep the world from burning.

this-is-fine-fire.gif

Which is how the libs campaign for future votes - make people victims, make people fee insecure
Oh please. Have you not witnessed Trump and MAGAs being whiny about pretty much everything? Both always claim to be victims.

Something that irks me, is that these anxious young people, who are constantly pointing their fingers at baby boomers, have a WAY higher carbon foot print than we did at their age, with their electronic gadgets, closets full of clothes, and world travel. They're just big talkers.

Reactions: HotelAlphaWilcoKilo
Something that irks me, is that these anxious young people, who are constantly pointing their fingers at baby boomers, have a WAY higher carbon foot print than we did at their age, with their electronic gadgets, closets full of clothes, and world travel. They're just big talkers.
I certainly could be wrong but I would be surprised if young people have a larger carbon footprint than boomers.

Last edited:
What specific sacrifices should we be making?
Easy stuff like wearing a mask. Very little is asked of us at the moment. But when I wrote the post, I was thinking of the rationing that took place during WWII. That was much more difficult… gasoline restrictions, limited purchases of key war supplies, no lights on in the house after dusk, etc.

I've said it before: when celebrities and politicians stop buying houses and properties on the coast, then I'll start considering it's real.
Hey talking about smart ideas, do you have an update on the 33,000 emails? Thanks

That's because you're a fool. Thanks for stopping by and reminding us. You have lots of company on this board now.
The problem is most of our environmental issues revolve from major major corporations yet it is now being stressed on the individual level that things need to change.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT