ADVERTISEMENT

Your coach...

combes

HR Legend
Jul 10, 2001
Is watching Racetovic tonight. Hopefully, Racetovic is on his best behavior. :)

OK, I'll be an ass...who is Racotovic? ;)

Thanks dude. I actually enjoy seeing what you have to say about players from IL. You at his game tonight?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by ISPHawk:
190????? Ugh
He is quick, strong, a good leaper, and is very skilled for a HS junior. Hell, he would be skilled for a college freshman. I would love for my alma mater (IOWA) to get him.

Originally posted by BBHawk:

190????? Ugh
He is quick, strong, a good leaper, and is very skilled for a HS junior. Hell, he would be skilled for a college freshman. I would love for my alma mater (IOWA) to get him.
Geesh ISP. Dig just a bit deeper like BB is saying before you fire a comment like you did. Simply google his name and watch one of his many vids like the one linked here...

Nick is 4 star player as a junior for good reason.

Thanks combes for the inside info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdsTCL68NOw

Would be a huge get IMO. Love his comments after his visit. He's an Aaron White fan which can't hurt. At 6'10" and possibly growing his ability to face up hit a shot is pretty nice. Not great hops otherwise he'd have offers from the likes if Duke, etc. He keeps improving all facets he could get that offer. Go get em Fran!

Originally posted by combes:
Well, combes, in Iowa we are hoping that McCaffery is on his best as well....and left his wife at home.

Originally posted by Tiggerhawk:
Originally posted by combes:
Well, combes, in Iowa we are hoping that McCaffery is on his best as well....and left his wife at home.

Jesus! What a dick thing to say.

Geeeesh, don't be so sensitive, it was probably a joke. And for combes, he's just being combes.

one site lists him as being 200 lbs and Uthoff is 210 lbs, after watching that video he reminds me of Uthoff, quick, athletic moves, long arms and has a nice looking form on his shots with range to 3, nice replacement for Uthoff as Rak would be coming in after Uthoff leaves,

65th overall by Rival and 12th best center by ESPN. what's not to like other than the color of his skin.

Originally posted by BGHAWK:

Geeeesh, don't be so sensitive, it was probably a joke. And for combes, he's just being combes.
On a semi-related note, I finally figured out why Combes is known as Combes (which begs the question, what kind of sociopathic parents name their kid "Harry Combes"?:

Harry Combes (March 3, 1915 - November 13, 1977), a native of University of Illinois between 1947 and 1967.
Combes played high school basketball for Monticello High School, where he led his teams to an overall combined record of 72-9.
A three-year letterwinner, Combes was also a star player for the Illini from 1935-1937 and helped lead Illinois to both its Big Ten titles in the 1930s.

Originally posted by torbee:

Originally posted by BGHAWK:

On a semi-related note, I finally figured out why Combes is known as Combes (which begs the question, what kind of sociopathic parents name their kid "Harry Combes"?:

Harry Combes (March 3, 1915 - November 13, 1977), a native of University of Illinois between 1947 and 1967.
Combes played high school basketball for Monticello High School, where he led his teams to an overall combined record of 72-9.
A three-year letterwinner, Combes was also a star player for the Illini from 1935-1937 and helped lead Illinois to both its Big Ten titles in the 1930s.
Here I thought it referred to a certain former Illini coach and his comb over.

Thanks Combes! Seems like a Uthoff clone, long and skilled. Not the beefy big that we could also use, but would be a very good addition.

Uthoff may be a good comparion but I think more of a White comparison coming out of high school is a bit better. Get him McCaffrey!

From the very limited high light tape and my untrained eye his skills appear to be akin to Aaron White with a clear better shooting stroke at that age. This kid could be very successful in Fran McCaffery's system and the offense could be set up to go through him with time.

190????? Ugh
Yeah Fran hasn't done anything with similar players.
rolleye0013.r191677.gif

The offer list says a lot about a player usually:

Virginia
Wisconsin
Indiana
Florida
Texas
UCLA
Smellinois
Purdue
Xavier

This post was edited on 3/11 3:49 PM by jerbob36