ADVERTISEMENT

Your New Bo Update

GOHOX69

HR Legend
Sep 26, 2009
So I hit the Pinoy Cafe 2x before it shut for my halo halo dosing. Should have hit it earlier. The woman running it is an attractive Filipino milf. That's my bad.

Anyhoo, there's a gyro/sammich place next to it. Name escapes me. Anyways, they are yet to go broke, and they have great gyros and schwarmas. In Iowa City, where my abode (NOT ADOBE) exists, apparently, the douche nozzles don't like to add meat to a sandwich needing said meat. Sparti's gyros was a notable exception but of course it went broke. In CR, this place rocks.

Go check it out before they too go broke and are replaced by some junk restaurant.

You guys got any eats updates in the IC/CR area? Let me know. I am the poors and love poors places.

Last edited:
In Iowa City, where my adobe exists
Bold style choice for Iowa.

adobe-home-Oct282020-2-min.jpg

So I hit the Pinoy Cafe 2x before it shut for my halo halo dosing. Should have hit it earlier. The woman running it is an attractive Filipino milf. That's my bad.

Anyhoo, there's a gyro/sammich place next to it. Name escapes me. Anyways, they are yet to go broke, and they have great gyros and schwarmas. In Iowa City, where my abode (NOT ADOBE) exists, apparently, the douche nozzles don't like to add meat to a sandwich needing said meat. Sparti's gyros was a notable exception but of course it went broke. In CR, this place rocks.

Go check it out before they too go broke and are replaced by some junk restaurant.

You guys got any eats updates in the IC/CR area? Let me know. I am the poors and love poors places.
Tabooleh has decent gyros.

Reactions: GOHOX69

Heard via Sofia’s is phenomenal Italian

This does not read like your typical posts.

You ok, bro? Reach out if you need help.

I recently visited a new Mexican place on Boyson Rd. 4 Hermanos. I ordered the burrito Colorado which was really good.

tIoYKtv.jpeg
I’m assuming that is carryout that they put on a paper plate?

I really hope they don’t use paper plates in the restaurant. Although, I also find it weird that they would be eating on a paper plate at home.

I really hope they don’t use paper plates in the restaurant. Although, I also find it weird that they would be eating on a paper plate at home.
Nope it's a fast food kind of place. Order at the counter, they bring it out to you on a paper plate in like 5 minutes. As long as the food is good the paper plate does not bother me at all

rules-without-them-wed-live-with-animals.gif

Reactions: THE_DEVIL

In the ancient times, chippies, aka fish and chip shops in England used to serve take away on old newspapers. Sure, it was probably carcinogenic but it was wonderful. If the food is good, I'll bring my own paper plates hehe 😉

Reactions: VodkaSam

This has been my guilty lunch pleasure recently in Coralville. Nothing fancy but cheap, fast, and a nice change of pace. Get the alfajores de maizena for a nice little treat.

This has been my guilty lunch pleasure recently in Coralville. Nothing fancy but cheap, fast, and a nice change of pace. Get the alfajores de maizena for a nice little treat.

Great call. We get their frozen empanadas from time to time

I think some of their stuff is at hyvee, I believe in the frozen section on the east side. And yes, they are good.

Since reading seems a challenge for some, here's a link:
I'll quote the pertinent section!

Pre-1980s – To keep prices down, portions were often wrapped in old newspaper – a practice that survived as late as the 1980s when it was ruled unsafe for food to come into contact with newspaper ink without grease-proof paper in between.

Since reading seems a challenge for some, here's a link:
I'll quote the pertinent section!

Pre-1980s – To keep prices down, portions were often wrapped in old newspaper – a practice that survived as late as the 1980s when it was ruled unsafe for food to come into contact with newspaper ink without grease-proof paper in between.

1980 is "ancient times"?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT