ADVERTISEMENT

ZACH F’IN GLAZIER

Omar Epps Starz GIF by Raising Kanan

YEs, this cat has ice water in his veins!! love him!!
I was among first one over months ago that said f AJ stick with ZG…..i got rediculed snd critizied. Nice to see all the AJ fans of recent past see the lite. Only took a punch to a teammate/ref followed by a bird to ZB and the double deuce bird to hawk fans. Oh well better late than never!

Ice Man has been a pleasant surprise, with all of the other negative garbage floating around about the team. A bright spot if you will.

Glazier’s solid match against Ferrari was lost in all of the post match antics. It was a good lesson for him knowing he can compete against anyone and it showed last night. Even if AJ was on the team I am not convinced he would win the spot.

The Ice Man is solid on his feet, rarely out of position and his attacks are solid.
He finishes well and has a solid ride.

If he enters the Big Tens with only a loss to AB and makes the finals he could get a 5 or 6 seed and make some noise.

What does everyone else think about Ice Man’s performances to date and his ability to AA?

Ice Man has been a pleasant surprise, with all of the other negative garbage floating around about the team. A bright spot if you will.

Glazier’s solid match against Ferrari was lost in all of the post match antics. It was a good lesson for him knowing he can compete against anyone and it showed last night. Even if AJ was on the team I am not convinced he would win the spot.

The Ice Man is solid on his feet, rarely out of position and his attacks are solid.
He finishes well and has a solid ride.

If he enters the Big Tens with only a loss to AB and makes the finals he could get a 5 or 6 seed and make some noise.
I’m happy Glazer is wrestling out of his ass this year. If anything, I thought Kolby being the younger guy would be more likely to make a level jump this year. But let’s not kid ourselves thinking Zack could consistently show AJ up in practice to legit beat him out. The way Zack man handled the defending big 10 champ who beat Dean and Warner last year, made me realize how good and strong AJ still is, even with minimal wrestling over the past 2 years. Ideally we need both in our lineup this year, but screwed up the certification with Zack. Probably best for both if AJ O shirts, but he will get shit saying he’s dodging Brooks. Thought it best for Anthony to shirt also, but he could still make a jump if he gets to train with a college team for the first time ever. This is Rathjen 3rd year in Iowa room, Anthony hasn’t even been in a high school room for 2 years 😂

Reactions: Inthecircle
What does everyone else think about Ice Man’s performances to date and his ability to AA?

I feel there's are clear tiers at 97:

AB
Hidlay
Buchanan, Elam, Sloan
Then a group of many including Beard, Cardenas, Smith, Poz, Surber

Currently, I would put Glazier in the last tier, probably around 7th.

Wouldn't be shocked if he beat Elam, Sloan or Buchanan and placed top 6 at NCAAs. But, also see some very tough matchups in his path that will make getting on the podium difficult.

I think he could AA top 5-6 on a good day for sure. Def not a lock. Hard to argue about that given he’s won every match except a close one to a returning champ.
If Zack can not hit a wall, and start backsliding to the guy that lost to Kolby last year, he could beat anyone realistically, but Brooks and Hilday will be a very long shot. Buchanan will be tough but doable. We will know more after he wrestles Brooks.

Reactions: Inthecircle

AB
Hidlay
Buchanan, Elam, Sloan

Wouldn't be shocked if he beat Elam, Sloan or Buchanan and placed top 6 at NCAAs. But, also see some very tough matchups in his path that will make getting on the podium difficult.
Forgot about Elam, Warner couldn’t solve him. I agree 7th or 8th should be very realistic, with 3rd/4th possible if he’s red hot.

Reactions: jrod65
I was among first one over months ago that said f AJ stick with ZG…..i got rediculed snd critizied. Nice to see all the AJ fans of recent past see the lite. Only took a punch to a teammate/ref followed by a bird to ZB and the double deuce bird to hawk fans. Oh well better late than never!
I actually pictured you as a, "Told you so," kinda guy (not that there's anything wrong with that). In any case, ZG with the help of his coaches has developed during his time in Iowa City. Definitely an AA threat, in my opinion.

Reactions: T8KUDWN and 12tdsaw
I’m happy Glazer is wrestling out of his ass this year. If anything, I thought Kolby being the younger guy would be more likely to make a level jump this year. But let’s not kid ourselves thinking Zack could consistently show AJ up in practice to legit beat him out. The way Zack man handled the defending big 10 champ who beat Dean and Warner last year, made me realize how good and strong AJ still is, even with minimal wrestling over the past 2 years. Ideally we need both in our lineup this year, but screwed up the certification with Zack. Probably best for both if AJ O shirts, but he will get shit saying he’s dodging Brooks. Thought it best for Anthony to shirt also, but he could still make a jump if he gets to train with a college team for the first time ever. This is Rathjen 3rd year in Iowa room, Anthony hasn’t even been in a high school room for 2 years 😂

let it go GIF

Reactions: el dub

AB
Hidlay
Buchanan, Elam, Sloan

I can get behind the tiers.
The Big 12 is a meat grinder at 97. Some of those guys are going to be facing each other more than once before NCAA’s.

Ice Man has a favorable schedule left compared to those in the Big 12 and EIWA

He’s got work to do.

If this is true, we know who can be our 184 next year if Angelo still comes and need a redshirt to physically fill out. Hopefully Kolby can jump a level if we are successful at running AJ out of town.
Have you watched the vid where he made the ref’s ears wiggle? Did the ref’s face take a swipe at his hand?

Wrongly posted elsewhere, but admitting here, too:
Impressive Hawk win, even the effort at 149. Dakota boys will be tough outs for all and Franek may well win gold. Good for Glazier. The Dean-slayer had nothing for the kid with the “AJ who?” ax to grind. I’ll be rooting for Zach (enjoyed his SS reaction) against all opponents except AB. Feb 9 looks like a dogfight inside a barnburner. Counting days.

Reactions: Mountain Man Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT