ADVERTISEMENT

What could have been this year

relishingwinning18

HR Heisman
Feb 21, 2009
With the rise of Ayala and Glazier, we could have had a really good year this year.

Ayala - Semis/Finalist
Teske - 1-2
Real - Champ
Rathjen - Rd12
Franek - Finalist
Caliendo - Semis/AA
Brands - Semi/AA
AA - Rd12 - Maybe we pull Arnold's shirt to AA here.
Glazier Rd 12
Cass - Semis/Finalist

With the rise of Ayala and Glazier, we could have had a really good year this year.

Ayala - Semis/Finalist
Teske - 1-2
Real - Champ
Rathjen - Rd12
Franek - Finalist
Caliendo - Semis/AA
Brands - Semi/AA
Glazier Rd 12
Cass - Semis/Finalist
Why stop there? If we are in the realm of wishful thinking, all of the following could have happened with as much chance as the above:

125: same as above
133: Teske can and should win more than 1 match
141: same as above
149; same as above
157: same as above
165: same as above
174: same as above
184: Glazier goes here, knowing AJ goes at 197 and AA's
197: Ferrari-Finalist
285: same as above

The crazy thing is that would put them into one of the best Iowa performances in 20 years and it STILL likely wouldn't be enough to beat PSU...

Why stop there? If we are in the realm of wishful thinking, all of the following could have happened with as much chance as the above:

125: same as above
133: Teske can and should win more than 1 match
141: same as above
149; same as above
157: same as above
165: same as above
174: same as above
184: Glazier goes here, knowing AJ goes at 197 and AA's
197: Ferrari-Finalist
285: same as above

The crazy thing is that would put them into one of the best Iowa performances in 20 years and it STILL likely wouldn't be enough to beat PSU...
If you take this line up and add Gable Stevson to it, it adds a sure champion. He was seriously teasing he may come back to college and go to Iowa at end of summer.

Or it could have been this also.

Ayala - Semis/Finalist
Teske - 1-2
Real - Champ
Rathjen - Rd12
Franek - Finalist
Caliendo - Semis/AA
PK- Semi/AA
Brands - AA
A**hat person we don't speak of - Semis/Finalist
Cass - Semis/Finalist

Ayala - Semis/Finalist
Teske - 1-2
Real - Champ
Rathjen - Rd12
Franek - Finalist
Caliendo - Semis/AA
Brands - Semi/AA
Glazier Rd 12
Cass - Semis/Finalist
I don’t quite get it. 7-8 of those still get to play out, and if they don’t “hit” the rest didn’t remotely matter. Probably a better post if the 7-8 actually hit those marks.

Why didn’t they follow him to Oklahoma?
I don’t know about that, but I know they only entered the portal after he left. If I remember correctly it was after the window had closed, and only did so in the 30-day period after a coach leaves.

Kennedy wrestles 165
Siebrecht 157
The points gained from Cass and Nelson is more than lost from NDSU transfers.
We would get nothing from Colby, Cass or Nelson because they would still be suspended. Kennedy being 165 is correct. He said what if the suspension’s hit and we don’t get the NDST guys

Ayala - Semis/Finalist
Teske - 1-2
Real - Champ
Rathjen - Rd12
Franek - Finalist
Caliendo - Semis/AA
Brands - Semi/AA
Glazier Rd 12
Cass - Semis/Finalist
Woulda, shoulda coulda. Everyone should have known the rules on gambling.
Let's enjoy the team that we DO have, and keep looking to improve.

F-the NCAA!!!

Also STOP with the "they shoulda knew the rules!?!?!? I honestly do not know a young kid who is an athlete who does not bet on sports in some way shape or form!!!

OK, they broke the BS rules. HOW does betting on the GIRLS B-Ball team get them a year??? ALL the POS NCAA is doing is trying to protect THEIR $$$$$ STREAM!!!!!

F-the NCAA!!!

Also STOP with the "they shoulda knew the rules!?!?!? I honestly do not know a young kid who is an athlete who does not bet on sports in some way shape or form!!!

OK, they broke the BS rules. HOW does betting on the GIRLS B-Ball team get them a year??? ALL the POS NCAA is doing is trying to protect THEIR $$$$$ STREAM!!!!!
At least for me my biggest issue is how severe the penalties are or at the very least how very severe the penalties are compared to what happened at Michigan. While the student athletes should be very aware of the rules I do put a much higher burden on the coach knowing the rules than the student athletes. Jim Harbaugh and company tried to affect the outcome of there own games got caught and Jim only had to not stand on the sidelines for 3 non post season contests. Meanwhile wrestlers lost whole seasons for betting on contests that they had no participation in.

Ayala - Semis/Finalist
Teske - 1-2
Real - Champ
Rathjen - Rd12
Franek - Finalist
Caliendo - Semis/AA
Brands - Semi/AA
Glazier Rd 12
Cass - Semis/Finalist

Still second place.

yikes-rachel-dratch.gif

Sorry, but that response is just unbridled ignorance brought forth from overwhelming, complacent entitlement. Would PSU still be a favorite? Sure. But, with losing Van Ness, that Iowa line-up would absolutely make PSU work for it.

Make no mistake, this isn't the land of make believe and PSU should run away with it this year. But, let's not get carried away...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT