ADVERTISEMENT

ZACH F’IN GLAZIER

Not sure you know what a tick is. Saying none of you never Ferrari guys aren’t trying to run him out of town is bullshit. It’s also bullshit to say I have a mental illness because I haven’t jumped on the lynch AJ bandwagon.

The mere mention of him in a thread means you post and most of the time it’s something weird AF.

Glazier is "Warner Trained"
So far he’s appeared a bit the opposite of JWar, big wins on duals wasn’t JWars thing, especially against higher ranked dudes. Glazier will need to jump up a few levels to match what JWar was able to do at Nattys. Stringing multiple nail biting wins in a row was his forte’.

So far he’s appeared a bit the opposite of JWar, big wins on duals wasn’t JWars thing, especially against higher ranked dudes. Glazier will need to jump up a few levels to match what JWar was able to do at Nattys. Stringing multiple nail biting wins in a row was his forte’.
Are you kidding? Jake had the fate of so many duals on his shoulders, and even though it might not have been pretty, he almost always pulled it out in must win situations.

The mere mention of him in a thread means you post and most of the time it’s something weird AF.
Weird AF and mentally ill means I’m trying to be rational and not ready to throw the towel in over one incident when he not even on the team yet. In other words, if I don’t totally have the same opinion as you and the other haters on here, then I’m mentally ill. 🧐. Many other people give their opinion on the AJ threads, but it’s ok because it’s a negative opinion. This all seems very logical ??

Reactions: MSU158
Hopefully he doesn’t go down the marinelli path this year and look like a star until nationals, then shit the bed

Weird AF and mentally ill means I’m trying to be rational and not ready to throw the towel in over one incident when he not even on the team yet. In other words, if I don’t totally have the same opinion as you and the other haters on here, then I’m mentally ill. 🧐. Many other people give their opinion on the AJ threads, but it’s ok because it’s a negative opinion. This all seems very logical ??

Well you seem to be the only guy who as of the other day still thinks AJ is going to be wrestling at Iowa this year. LOL

Hopefully he doesn’t go down the marinelli path this year and look like a star until nationals, then shit the bed
Apples and Oranges. Ice Man isn’t going to be a #1 seed and expected to win it all and if he isn’t healthy all bets are off. Depending on his seed and draw, which I suspect will be tough, it’s gonna be tough to say he shit the bed, if he doesn’t AA.

Take Kennedy for instance, he had a good seed but a really tough draw and a tough backside draw. His finish was disappointing, however I can’t say he shit the bed. At the time I felt he chat in the sheets. Looking back out of the heat of the moment, not so much

If Glazier finishes 5-8, it would be a success, akin to Nelson Brands last year.

Reactions: el dub
Are you kidding? Jake had the fate of so many duals on his shoulders, and even though it might not have been pretty, he almost always pulled it out in must win situations.
Sometimes the passage of time clouds our memories but JWar lost a decent amount of dual matches. 10 that I can recall. Michial Foy of Minnesota, Undersized Zach Braunagel of Illinois. Twice to the Cuban, 3X to Eric Schultz, Preston Weigel, Max Dean 2X. JWar made his mark at the NCAA tourney, earning 5 AA honors. Dude finished 7th, 4th, 2nd and 5th. He was seeded 4th, 5th, 6th and 14th only not out placing his seed his freshman year. JWar absolutely knew how to compete and navigate his way through the national tournament, but often seemed to lose focus in dual meets dropping close matches that were very winnable. So far, Glazier seems to be hyper focused, makes good decisions and has been aggressive. Last season JWar eeked out a 1 point win vs Allred and Glazier managed bonus points in his bout vs Silas.

Reactions: Rotisserie Scrotz
Sometimes the passage of time clouds our memories but JWar lost a decent amount of dual matches. 10 that I can recall. Michial Foy of Minnesota, Undersized Zach Braunagel of Illinois. Twice to the Cuban, 3X to Eric Schultz, Preston Weigel, Max Dean 2X. JWar made his mark at the NCAA tourney, earning 5 AA honors. Dude finished 7th, 4th, 2nd and 5th. He was seeded 4th, 5th, 6th and 14th only not out placing his seed his freshman year. JWar absolutely knew how to compete and navigate his way through the national tournament, but often seemed to lose focus in dual meets dropping close matches that were very winnable. So far, Glazier seems to be hyper focused, makes good decisions and has been aggressive. Last season JWar eeked out a 1 point win vs Allred and Glazier managed bonus points in his bout vs Silas.
Edited because my wording was awful (still is).

Were all those dual losses you listed where the dual result was in question?

Apples and Oranges. Ice Man isn’t going to be a #1 seed and expected to win it all and if he isn’t healthy all bets are off. Depending on his seed and draw, which I suspect will be tough, it’s gonna be tough to say he shit the bed, if he doesn’t AA.

Take Kennedy for instance, he had a good seed but a really tough draw and a tough backside draw. His finish was disappointing, however I can’t say he shit the bed. At the time I felt he chat in the sheets. Looking back out of the heat of the moment, not so much

If Glazier finishes 5-8, it would be a success, akin to Nelson Brands last year.
I was going more for the general idea of not wrestling nearly as well in the tournament compared how he did in duels. I will word it more gently, and say marinelli underperformed his expectations, whatever the reasons.

Reactions: Inthecircle
Good post, even if it comes out that Allred is dealing with a little something.

I would be absolutely stoked if he had a tournament like Marinelli. Other than the one inj defaulted out of. That would mean Glazier would place 5th, 6th ot 7th. That would be great if Zach reached the podium.
Exactly, who picked Glazier to AA pre season? Most felt 197 was the Hawks biggest hole in October, including me. I would be elated to see Zach AA.

Just saw the match. I thought Silas looked gimpy right at the end of 2nd period. But…he was largely beaten by then. Very impressed with Glazier, but wasn’t really convinced until now. Schedule seems to be advantageous compared to others. If he can keep winning for two months when he should, an appropriate seed could put him on the podium for sure. Wouldn’t have believed that a month ago.

Reactions: Inthecircle
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT