ADVERTISEMENT

#1000pages FSU Third Natty (Women’s Soccer 2021 & 2023, and Cheerleading 2023 achieved)

Stumbled into an article about the Breakfast Club. Turns out Paul Gleason AND Robert Urich were both on the football team with Burt Renyolds. And all went on to act. Who knew?

images

55603_v9_ba.jpg

Sharing my little FSU "no shit" moment tonight with you.

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
Stumbled into an article about the Breakfast Club. Turns out Paul Gleason AND Robert Urich were both on the football team with Burt Renyolds. And all went on to act. Who knew?

images

55603_v9_ba.jpg

I believe Urich was at the tailgate party when FSU came to play USC in LA. But then...my memory of that day is a bit foggy as the alumni club was dumb enough to put my brother and I on the beer truck.

images

55603_v9_ba.jpg

I remember reading that somewhere along the line; also have read that Gleason was a very good baseball player - not sure if he played for the Noles but I he played minor league ball for a few years

Reactions: funksouljon

images

55603_v9_ba.jpg

Paul Gleason's wiki page makes that claim. There is a chance he played with Burt Reynolds but not with Robert Urich. Reynolds was born in 1936. Gleason in 1939 and Urich in 1946.

Reactions: noleclone2
Spencer for Hire was one of my favorite shows and I thought it was cool how he was a FSU grad. He died way too young.

Reactions: goldmom

images

55603_v9_ba.jpg

Bobby Urich was ten years behind Buddy Reynolds.
Get your “shit” straight.

Paul Gleason's wiki page makes that claim. There is a chance he played with Burt Reynolds but not with Robert Urich. Reynolds was born in 1936. Gleason in 1939 and Urich in 1946.

Yeah, after this and the cranky old lady above, I went and looked at the "sources". The years are off, but one of the notes I saw says the played together. I didn't validate the years, just that they played.

This university doc also indicates Paul and Buddy played together.

• Haha
Reactions: DFSNOLE
Robert Urich was an upperclassman on the football team when this “cranky old lady” who apparently knows her stuff was a freshman and he took a freshman girl I knew in my dorm to Homecoming in the Fall of 1967. Her name was Candi and she was a blonde TriDelt pledge.
Burt Reynolds played in 1955. Quite a difference in age.
I’m not cranky at all and I’m sorry I brought the facts.
Urich left the team in 1968 I believe - but I didn’t really know him.

Robert Urich was an upperclassman on the football team when this “cranky old lady” who apparently knows her stuff was a freshman and he took a freshman girl I knew in my dorm to Homecoming in the Fall of 1967. Her name was Candi and she was a blonde TriDelt pledge.
Burt Reynolds played in 1955. Quite a difference in age.
I’m not cranky at all and I’m sorry I brought the facts.
Urich left the team in 1968 I believe - but I didn’t really know him.
Thanks, Lutemom!

Beachum makes ACC Freshman of the year by unanimous vote.

Reactions: goldmom and DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT