ADVERTISEMENT

***2024 Iowa Football Recruiting Thread***

IMO they are concentrating on OL in the 25 class main one being 6'8 340 lb Brooks. seen a couple video's and he is mauler,

the surprise OL recruit in this class will be 6'9 Leornard like how he moves he is not clumsy on his feet and even though he was playing against other HS kids he will be a real bull on the OL, right side or left side.

Maybe, he’ll have to be more physical than he was as a freshmen in Basketball. My son played against him!

• Haha
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
cm, you strike me as a guy that shouldn’t have a kid that young…young wife? ;)

LOL….well I am routinely told I look like Santa Claus at this point in time so I must look quite a bit older than I am, but I’m 53 and I have six kids!

29, 25, 23, 21, 19 & 11….Doh!!

It was my 21-year-old that roughed him up a bit but he’s a big boy 6-5 240 fairly athletic could jump a little bit and let’s remember Leonard was 6-7 at that time and pretty green. So I’m not really picking on the kid, but he was not very physical!

LOL….well I am routinely told I look like Santa Claus at this point in time so I must look quite a bit older than I am, but I’m 53 and I have six kids!

29, 25, 23, 21, 19 & 11….Doh!!

It was my 21-year-old that roughed him up a bit but he’s a big boy 6-5 240 fairly athletic could jump a little bit and let’s remember Leonard was 6-7 at that time and pretty green. So I’m not really picking on the kid, but he was not very physical!
Good Lord!

Save some sex for the rest of us.

Good Lord!

Save some sex for the rest of us.

Yeah, and even that ship has sailed my friend😜

I just went back and looked at the old stats on maxpreps. My sons name is Max McCleary and I’d forgotten they just fouled the shit out of him (Max) all game long. I think we won 48-36 Kankakee Trinity where my son played and he was only 6-10 from the field, but 10-14 from the line.

Every time we dumped it inside Iroquois West (IWHS) just hammered him.. if memory serves they had another relatively big kid too but then they put Leonard in and he was just too young!

I think Max went for 22 & 12…sorry for the brag. 😆 I don’t get to pump my chest out as much as I used to. Lol! My bragging days are mostly over although my 11 year old daughter is going to be pretty big, 6 foot plus I think.

I spent an incredible weekend with my buddies down in Fairfield/Mt Pleasant, Iowa and they all had big athletic boys too. Not all of mine were there, but between my two biggest boys and their three biggest boys, I think they were all 6-3 to 6-5 It was quite a bit of fun !

Of course, we all have girls too but they’re like their moms…doh!!! Meaning they don’t like us lol!!

At this point in life, it’s all about your family and friends and Jesus Christ!

Another recruit class with very little incoming talent at the WR position.

Where are guys like KJ Parker and B. Doll projected to play? Is it safe to assume most of the “Athletes” will be on the offensive side.. Yes? No?

Where are guys like KJ Parker and B. Doll projected to play? Is it safe to assume most of the “Athletes” will be on the offensive side.. Yes? No?
Parker is a WR. Going to be hard to sell more sought after WRs until they can at least get to ISM and Brandon Smith production levels. Need to make a concerted effort to get KB the ball this year and not turtle our way to victory. I’m happy with the two WRs they got though with what they had to sell.

I’d say no, not on this team, however those 2 both project to offense!

• Haha

Parker-WR
VanderZee-WR
Right now, J. Reid is penciled in for a fall official visit. Currently looked at as a potential wr.
JD Crisp is another wr Iowa is looking at. Don't think an official visit has been set up, though.

• Haha
Where did he play Rb? DB, both?
QB until the end of his junior season because Marion pretty much had no athletes capable of playing the position.
Alex has added at least 15-20 lbs in the last year and he lost just a bit of speed.
But he's a great athlete and I'm still thinking he could play for PP some day.
Edit...didn't see the previous response when I posted.

Last edited:
Reactions: cmhawks99
Yeah, and even that ship has sailed my friend😜

I just went back and looked at the old stats on maxpreps. My sons name is Max McCleary and I’d forgotten they just fouled the shit out of him (Max) all game long. I think we won 48-36 Kankakee Trinity where my son played and he was only 6-10 from the field, but 10-14 from the line.

Every time we dumped it inside Iroquois West (IWHS) just hammered him.. if memory serves they had another relatively big kid too but then they put Leonard in and he was just too young!

I think Max went for 22 & 12…sorry for the brag. 😆 I don’t get to pump my chest out as much as I used to. Lol! My bragging days are mostly over although my 11 year old daughter is going to be pretty big, 6 foot plus I think.

I spent an incredible weekend with my buddies down in Fairfield/Mt Pleasant, Iowa and they all had big athletic boys too. Not all of mine were there, but between my two biggest boys and their three biggest boys, I think they were all 6-3 to 6-5 It was quite a bit of fun !

Of course, we all have girls too but they’re like their moms…doh!!! Meaning they don’t like us lol!!

At this point in life, it’s all about your family and friends and Jesus Christ!
I am old, but I remember Mt. Pleasant football had a tradition of bringing their stuffed mascot onto the field at visiting football games and celebrating on the field (if they won). I went to PV, and we handled them in the playoffs, so no stuffed animal appearances that day. The year before, we beat Fairfield 12-7 at PV in the state quarterfinals (they beat us in the playoffs the year before that at Fairfield). Fairfield was always physical and scrappy as hell.

Reactions: cmhawks99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT