ADVERTISEMENT

***2024 Iowa Football Recruiting Thread***

Anderson, Weisskopf, Campbell, and Nolan all receiving top 300 ratings On3. I have a feeling these won’t be it after the season gets rolling

Yeah, it is really interesting to me how lowa rivals has this class in its rankings. When they’ve actually been pretty high on our classes in the last 2-3 years all in the 20s to low 30s with similar recruiting profiles and similar athleticism.?

Last edited:
last I saw Lucas was High on IA along with these
FSU
Illinois
Iowa
Rutgers
Wisconsin

may the highest bidder win. no surprise to see Illinois and Wisconsin in there,

Bret baby still chasing IA recruits just like Wisconsin. lapping at the heels of IA on the recruiting trail,

last I saw Lucas was High on IA along with these
FSU
Illinois
Iowa
Rutgers
Wisconsin

may the highest bidder win. no surprise to see Illinois and Wisconsin in there,

Bret baby still chasing IA recruits just like Wisconsin. lapping at the heels of IA on the recruiting trail,

This is true and yet they have been our nemesis in this division for 10+ years

• Haha
Reactions: D_LovingHawkeye
No doubt there will be some. I bet it will be fewer than we think.

1. The season isn’t that far away.

2. There can’t be a lot of spots available.

3. They retained all the assistants.

Now, after this season it might be a flood. Especially if they have another poor season.

They do have a good Lber, Gallagher and maybe a few young guys the staff looked at last year or year before but the Truth is I don’t think they are terribly talented right now! I don’t think we’d take an Lber right now or he’d come either even though we need depth. A solid CB for sure but I’m not sure they have one better than our young kids!

They do have a good Lber, Gallagher and maybe a few young guys the staff looked at last year or year before but the Truth is I don’t think they are terribly talented right now! I don’t think we’d take an Lber right now or he’d come either even though we need depth. A solid CB for sure but I’m not sure they have one better than our young kids!
Read today, players have 30 days to enter the portal. There might be some teams who will try and poach a player or two. There are a few OL. Most will probably stay, a NW diploma is valuable.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I wasn’t referring to any specific players, nor Iowa wanting any of their players. Just commenting on my belief that there won’t be a wave of players leaving NW before this season.

I’m sure it will happen, I just doubt it will be a “wave,” due to the reasons I listed.

Gallagher is still there!?!?! I thought last year was his last?

I wasn’t referring to any specific players, nor Iowa wanting any of their players. Just commenting on my belief that there won’t be a wave of players leaving NW before this season.

I’m sure it will happen, I just doubt it will be a “wave,” due to the reasons I listed.

I think he might have two left, which also surprised me

• Haha
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
I think he might have two left, which also surprised me
I thought he graduated?

I will use the internet, and get to the bottom of this.

Edit: okay, my addled brain has failed me again. I mixed up Paddy Fisher with Paddy Gallagher, the wrestler.

I was thinking of Fisher, who is indeed long gone from Northwestern.

Last edited:
Read today, players have 30 days to enter the portal. There might be some teams who will try and poach a player or two. There are a few OL. Most will probably stay, a NW diploma is valuable.
It's interesting ... Northwestern initially made my son's first cut of schools to consider (as an undergrad). However, upon doing more research on the school - he soured on them because of all the complaints that students had about how unresponsive the administration is as it relates to their concerns.

I wonder if that sort of perception (of an unresponsive administration) contributed to the AD's (and president's) reconsideration of Pat's deal.

As an aside, from what I've heard, the environment at Northwestern is much better as a grad-student than as an undergrad.

just looked at NW recruiting class for 2024 and they have 11 commits and sit in #73
NW is in a death spiral.

looking at their 23 class has a few players that IA can use, as for right now these players will have a hard time transferring to another school as most of them are full.

• Haha
don't really know much about what is going on w/ Northwestern other than the obvious fact that Fitz has been relieved, but ................ I see a return to the 1980s and doormat status. Not just anybody can win at Northwestern.

• Haha
don't really know much about what is going on w/ Northwestern other than the obvious fact that Fitz has been relieved, but ................ I see a return to the 1980s and doormat status. Not just anybody can win at Northwestern.

I agree and I’d add Iowa, Wiscy etc to that lot…don’t get me wrong, Iowa & Wiscy are desirable jobs, but the wrong hirer dooms us!

Depends on who Northwestern ultimately gets for a coach whether they have a 2 or 3 year drop and then back or whether a decade long deal.

Totally agree… They could get a good coach, it’s the Big Ten. And they have brand new facilities getting built…. On a side note, did the Hog Humper get banned or did he just change his name because he loves the “D” so much?

😙

Totally agree… They could get a good coach, it’s the Big Ten. And they have brand new facilities getting built…. On a side note, did the Hog Humper get banned or did he just change his name because he loves the “D” so much?

😙
He loves Hawkeye D, almost as much as his catholic wife, but yes....Hogluver has been ball-gagged and shown the door as I instructed him would happen.

He's now relegated to conjure up new spam handles with no posting ability.

He thought he was in charge likely due to short man syndrome but....I b1tch-slapped him among others till he spazzed...as we knew he would.

He loves Hawkeye D, almost as much as his catholic wife, but yes....Hogluver has been ball-gagged and shown the door as I instructed him would happen.

He thought he was in charge likely due to short man syndrome but....I b1tch-slapped him among others till he spazzed...as we knew he would.

I generally try not to talk in such vulgar vernacular, (although I have two 19-21 year old boys who are pretty raunchy) but I have to confess that’s funny.

Forthwith I’m going to refer to him as….

“The Hog Humper who loves the Hawkeye D”

PS…. Are you telling me his IP address has been suppressed so he can’t post. All he can do is run around with a crying, laughing face guy…? If so, that is stupendous!!

That will be killing him….LOL that will give me a wry chuckle every time I see him 😎

PS…. Are you telling me his IP address has been suppressed so he can’t post. All he can do is run around with a crying, laughing face guy…? If so, that is stupendous!!

That will be killing him….LOL that will give me a wry chuckle every time I see him 😎
Imagine being such an obsessed loser that you create multiple handle’s just to only have reaction rights.

Woof, I’d hate to be this loser’s ex-gf.

Imagine being such an obsessed loser that you create multiple handle’s just to only have reaction rights.

Woof, I’d hate to be this loser’s ex-gf.

Yes….and although I’ve never used a different screen name.

I can speak from experience as far being semi over the top. True story, years back, say 16-18 ish plus, I had myself band by Kakert so I wouldn’t have the urge to post. I did that a couple times, then 5 to 8 years ago I quit posting at all and then gradually just in the off season and now a little more!

Point is this cat IS obsessed!! Or he wouldn’t be here. He tells himself he is putting Iowa fans in their place but that is the very definition of being disturbed and over the top.

You are so obsessed with your favorite team that you have to carve out time each day to go to your rivals board to harass them….HOLY SNIKES!!

And now all he can do is laugh!

Classic 😆

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT