ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Lineup and Expectation

This interview with Anthony seems fitting for this thread.

The beginning is background about Anthony and his family. I enjoyed it but I’m a glutton for understanding what makes the kids tick.

The ending of the video starting around the 52:50 mark is more germane to the upcoming season.

He re iterates anywhere from 49 to 65 and well I don’t see him at 57 or 65 this season. And again he throws in the 49 not the interviewer .

hawks fans should really enjoy the ending of this interview

Episode 10 of the Buckley wrestling show…

Not sure if anyone has caught it yet... but Willie put AJ in Heavyweight rankings/crystal ball under Iowa. This seems like breaking news, and I know that his family is committed to Iowa and the court case was dismissed, but I haven't been following along or seen anything that he was going to wrestle.

Not sure if anyone has caught it yet... but Willie put AJ in Heavyweight rankings/crystal ball under Iowa. This seems like breaking news, and I know that his family is committed to Iowa and the court case was dismissed, but I haven't been following along or seen anything that he was going to wrestle.
Been told ya that. AJ is coming. Should be a 197, but if Cass doesn't come back, he may decide not to make the cut. He's been in the room a good amount.

I'm good with either 97 or HWT as long as he beats the PSU wrestler. Kerk is beatable if AJ has the weight, but now that Steveson is in the picture just can't see that...

Been told ya that. AJ is coming. Should be a 197, but if Cass doesn't come back, he may decide not to make the cut. He's been in the room a good amount.
can you talk a little bit about how Aj and Anthony are fitting in with the rest of the room?

This interview with Anthony seems fitting for this thread.

The beginning is background about Anthony and his family. I enjoyed it but I’m a glutton for understanding what makes the kids tick.

The ending of the video starting around the 52:50 mark is more germane to the upcoming season.

He re iterates anywhere from 49 to 65 and well I don’t see him at 57 or 65 this season. And again he throws in the 49 not the interviewer .

hawks fans should really enjoy the ending of this interview

Episode 10 of the Buckley wrestling show…

Thanks for posting really good watch. There has been so much dirt thrown at Poppa Ferrari and Anthony as well. Anthony appears well spoken, driven and raised in a loving family. I hope Hawkeye fans don’t look at him or Angelo through the same lens as AJ. I hope he continues being focused and flourishes within the program.

Last edited:
can you talk a little bit about how Aj and Anthony are fitting in with the rest of the room?

Just fine or they wouldn't be there. Hard workers and talented AF.

However, they're no different than anyone looking for a second chance. Always on their best behavior when climbing out. I hope I'm found to be completely wrong and all 3 Ferrari's end their careers as Hawks with no issues. History is not on their side, so we'll see how they handle success/failure a year from now.

Anthony has been grinding since June he took summer school and is in classes now. He will be a 149 this year. AJ will be a 197 and also has been taking classes so he can wrestle 2nd semester.
If Anthony can make 149 without killing himself, then he could probably be a career 157 starting next year. Thought he would end up 165, but we are set for 3 years there.

Reactions: Grip220
If Anthony can make 149 without killing himself, then he could probably be a career 157 starting next year. Thought he would end up 165, but we are set for 3 years there.
How well are we set up at 165? Serious question.

Anthony podcast was a good listen. He seems convinced that he will be in the lineup this year and I believe him. 149 seems to be the logical spot.
Call me a sucker, but I got goosebumps multiple times watching this. He reminds me a lot of Gilman with his alpha male confident attitude. I understand that a lot of Iowa fans are used to more quiet, humble, reserved kids and the Ferrari’s don’t fit into that mold. Anthony is going to get booed wherever he goes, he might as well be a Hawkeye where he’d get booed regardless.

This program needs to be recognized for the hard work they’ve put in since March. We were looking at finishing in the 7-9th place range. They brought in 2 AAs through the portal as well as Joey Cruz, Victor Voinovich and Anthony Ferrari. They also brought in a top 3 PFP recruit in Angelo Ferrari. Hopefully some of these recent visits turn into commitments in the coming weeks.

Call me a sucker, but I got goosebumps multiple times watching this. He reminds me a lot of Gilman with his alpha male confident attitude. I understand that a lot of Iowa fans are used to more quiet, humble, reserved kids and the Ferrari’s don’t fit into that mold. Anthony is going to get booed wherever he goes, he might as well be a Hawkeye where he’d get booed regardless.

This program needs to be recognized for the hard work they’ve put in since March. We were looking at finishing in the 7-9th place range. They brought in 2 AAs through the portal as well as Joey Cruz, Victor Voinovich and Anthony Ferrari. They also brought in a top 3 PFP recruit in Angelo Ferrari. Hopefully some of these recent visits turn into commitments in the coming weeks.
We need more of these guys! Gilman, Ramos and Desanto were some of my favorites and all are the type of guys we need. Go back to being the evil empire that everybody hates! Tom and Terry were guys that didn’t care what you thought went out and punished people. We have had lots of guys like this over the years and we NEED them to get back on top.

Anthony podcast was a good listen. He seems convinced that he will be in the lineup this year and I believe him. 149 seems to be the logical spot.
Oh no Spooner I have been saying this for a while seems like I might be on to something just saying…..

Oh no Spooner I have been saying this for a while seems like I might be on to something just saying…..

LOL Making weight and winning a title or even being a contender are freaking light years from being the same thing.

I have been paying close attention to Anthony's posts and interviews. I can tell you this he is down in weight and was already ripped, I have no doubt he has his sights on the 149.
The rumors that AJ has been training consistently in Iowa city are true and the family is all in on competing for Iowa. I will repeat what we all know already and that is to Embrace the Hate! I say good, Time to break out some Darth Vader Iowa wrestling shirts, Color our world Blackened!

We need more of these guys! Gilman, Ramos and Desanto were some of my favorites and all are the type of guys we need. Go back to being the evil empire that everybody hates! Tom and Terry were guys that didn’t care what you thought went out and punished people. We have had lots of guys like this over the years and we NEED them to get back on top.
Wut?
Like what you want about attitude and personality, but we need champs! Only 2 championships in 12 attempts from the guys you listed. So yeah, Ramos fits the bill and did it on guts, but he’s the outlier in a case for needing villains to get back on top.

We need athletic, 3-dimensional wrestlers and a healthy training routine.

Wut?
Like what you want about attitude and personality, but we need champs! Only 2 championships in 12 attempts from the guys you listed. So yeah, Ramos fits the bill and did it on guts, but he’s the outlier in a case for needing villains to get back on top.

We need athletic, 3-dimensional wrestlers and a healthy training routine.
I will take a bad ass wrecking crew that sticks together, leaves it all out there, does it our way and wins 2-3 championships every 10 years all day long. The days of winning more then that are long gone.
Recruiting, along with The training and being healthier in march can always improve and it should.

How well are we set up at 165? Serious question.
Thought Kennedy and caliendo both have 3 years of eligibility left ?? Even if Ferrari ends up better than them, we will have a bigger need for him at 157 after Franek is gone

I have been paying close attention to Anthony's posts and interviews. I can tell you this he is down in weight and was already ripped, I have no doubt he has his sights on the 149.
The rumors that AJ has been training consistently in Iowa city are true and the family is all in on competing for Iowa. I will repeat what we all know already and that is to Embrace the Hate! I say good, Time to break out some Darth Vader Iowa wrestling shirts, Color our world Blackened!
In that interview Monday, he said there are line up moves that can be done second semester which give us a real shot at a national championship in 2024. Unfortunately, the NCAA ruling that came out the next day probably put that hope to bed. I assume that meant AJ was arriving next semester, and maybe another surprise.

Do tell...
He told the guy interviewing him he would tell him this potential line up after the podcast. The only way I see this happening is if we had Nelson, maybe Abe , Aj and Stevenson, but we know this isn’t happening now.

125: Ayala
133: Teske
141: Woods
149: Ferarri
157: Franek
165: Caliendo
174: Arnold
184: Swafford
197: Ferarri
HWT: Keuter

Or does Voinovich stay 149, Ferrari 157, then bump Franek and Caliendo up?

Move 2 guys out of their best weights to make room for Voinovich? Surely you jest.

Reactions: sdvike

You're joking! Definitely no bumping. And VV probably wouldn't score many points this early in an Iowa singlet so I don't see a reason to even talk about bumping. JMHO

Reactions: el dub
With 184 being weak this year I wouldn't be against giving Gabe some matches at 184 and see how he does. PK 174 and maybe Gabe 184. Personally I don't see Gabe falling for Soldano tricks . And I feel like he can wrestle with Feldcamp

I'd say very slim odds of that happening.

With 184 being weak this year I wouldn't be against giving Gabe some matches at 184 and see how he does. PK 174 and maybe Gabe 184. Personally I don't see Gabe falling for Soldano tricks . And I feel like he can wrestle with Feldcamp
Is it worth burning his redshirt to be an undersized true freshman on a team that is not winning a national championship?

Is it worth burning his redshirt to be an undersized true freshman on a team that is not winning a national championship?
Well Gabe has the five competition dates to figure it out. I think Gabe is gonna be damn hard to score on, the question is how offensive can he be at 184. Given his age and preferred weight I think there are better options at 184 this season, but I wouldn’t be shocked if Gabe takes it. Surprised but not shocked. I think it’s looking like Swafford is the leading candidate

Well Gabe has the five competition dates to figure it out. I think Gabe is gonna be damn hard to score on, the question is how offensive can he be at 184. Given his age and preferred weight I think there are better options at 184 this season, but I wouldn’t be shocked if Gabe takes it. Surprised but not shocked. I think it’s looking like Swafford is the leading candidate
I’m sure Gabe will get his 5 matches, but probably at 174.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT