ADVERTISEMENT

B.J. Mack

GreenHomelyHoneybee-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: longliveCS40
Quick check of his twitter account and it doesn’t look like he’s into tweeting much. Didn’t while he was visiting Alabama either.

Guess we’ll hear about once he’s ready to talk to the beat writers.

Last edited:
Mack seems to be handling his recruitment well. Systematically narrowing down schools and then taking the time to visit for a couple of days. Hopefully, he is looking for something different than the southeast, and he bonded with some players. Anyone know if his family also visited? Do they still have one player act as his host?

Reactions: longliveCS40
Mack seems to be handling his recruitment well. Systematically narrowing down schools and then taking the time to visit for a couple of days. Hopefully, he is looking for something different than the southeast, and he bonded with some players. Anyone know if his family also visited? Do they still have one player act as his host?
From a negotiation standpoint, its best to play your cards close to the vest and act like you are interested in other options. Taking lots of visits is a good way for Mack to drive his price up.

I'm hopeful Iowa can be competitive NIL whys for Mack. Since Krikke is Canadien, I don't believe we legally could give him any NIL money. So we should be throwing all of our reserves at Mack.

From a negotiation standpoint, its best to play your cards close to the vest and act like you are interested in other options. Taking lots of visits is a good way for Mack to drive his price up.

I'm hopeful Iowa can be competitive NIL whys for Mack. Since Krikke is Canadien, I don't believe we legally could give him any NIL money. So we should be throwing all of our reserves at Mack.
Kind of hoping that it is more than just the highest bidder that will land Mack. Iowa is a really good opportunity for him. Playing time almost certain, and he will be one of the focal points of the offense in a high-visibility B1G market.

NIL should be competitive at Iowa and he won't have stiff competition for playing time, like Alabama.

Maybe it's different since he's Canadian, but ISU has a guy from Barbados on the team and he's not eligible for NIL. Neither are Australians, I know that for a fact.
They just have to be out of the country to earn the money--so when Krikke gets back to Canada or when Iowa does their abroad trip in Spain, that's when he "earns" his money. Last year when Kentucky took their abroad trip, Tshiebwe barely was with the team because he was filming all of his advertisements, photo shoots, etc during that trip because once they get back into the US it becomes illegal.

TLDR: It's a really dumb rule, but there's work-arounds.

They just have to be out of the country to earn the money--so when Krikke gets back to Canada or when Iowa does their abroad trip in Spain, that's when he "earns" his money. Last year when Kentucky took their abroad trip, Tshiebwe barely was with the team because he was filming all of his advertisements, photo shoots, etc during that trip because once they get back into the US it becomes illegal.

This. The restrictions aren't NCAA-based. They are immigration law restrictions in student visas. If you're in the USA for school, you're not supposed to be taking jobs away from us hard working Americans.

My gosh that's stupid.

My gosh that's stupid.
As @wneff pointed out, it's a US student visa rule, not something that the NCAA has in place. I believe they are working on getting student athletes to be on O-1 visas (extraordinary abilities visa) to work around this problem. This is one issue that the government will actually need to create a fix for though--it's not something the NCAA can just fix unfortunately.

As @wneff pointed out, it's a US student visa rule, not something that the NCAA has in place. I believe they are working on getting student athletes to be on O-1 visas (extraordinary abilities visa) to work around this problem. This is one issue that the government will actually need to create a fix for though--it's not something the NCAA can just fix unfortunately.
It’s not a bad rule, the NIL has just created a situation that wasn’t contemplated when they created the rule to protect American workers. I’m sure they will eventually adjust it.

Kind of hoping that it is more than just the highest bidder that will land Mack. Iowa is a really good opportunity for him. Playing time almost certain, and he will be one of the focal points of the offense in a high-visibility B1G market.

NIL should be competitive at Iowa and he won't have stiff competition for playing time, like Alabama.

If you want to land the Mack-man, you gotta have a good attack plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: amahawk
I'll take anyone even remotely close to Horton or Evans! Neither was that tall, but both so physical & aggressive that it didn't matter. Absolute beasts.
His O-game seems closer to Horton than Evans.

Evans was a straight up beast on the boards and controlling the lane...we could use someone like that too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT