ADVERTISEMENT

B1G next year: scary

Iowa returns 4 starters off of an NCAA tourney team, 3 of which will be seniors with multi-year starts. Another senior (Clemmons) has significant experience and started earlier in his career. As a coach, you dream of having that kind of returning experience.

If McCaffery is able to solidify new sub rotations and support roles with the incoming players, I don't see why Iowa can't place top 5 or higher in the BIG - I will be disappointed if they don't.

Still waiting until the summer to evaluate. Some of these teams can still add up to three players. But I am ready to say that Michigan State and Maryland should be top ten teams in the nation. There are many more, eight more by my count, that could be anywhere from third to tenth. (And if fact two or three of them that can still have outside shots at a Championship) We'll see as the last of the Puzzle pieces come together.

For the Hawkeyes, we could be as good as last year and still finish only 10-8 or 9-9, the Big Ten just looks that much improved. Again, too soon for me to be predicting with any decent confidence.

Its really up to the coaches and the seniors to get everyone on board and playing as a team. Having the chemistry that last year's team had would be awesome, also. Guys pulling for each other, whether it be from the bench or from the court. Northwestern made a run just by constantly improving through the year, last year.

Agree that this was a nice early preview....and very sobering when you see all that returning and new talent in the league.
The league will be even more experienced next year. I see 10 teams with good shots at the Dance...two will miss...hope Hawks make the cut. I think only PSU, Minny, RU and Nebby are not Dance worthy.

And even PSU and Rutgers have decent recruiting classes coming in. PSU has two 150 guys.

I see 10 teams with good shots at the Dance...two will miss....

It sure looks like a bumper crop of B10 tourney teams next year. The conference schedule looks like a preview to a bloodbath.

MSU looks like an early favorite IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT