ADVERTISEMENT

How this ends

Parker doesn't want anything to do with the new schedule anymore than KF. Leave while you have everyone fooled. The D guru will go away when Oregon, PennSt, OhioSt, Michigan, Washington, USC, and UCLA start throwing up 40 plus four times a year. Old saying ... know when to get out, before they throw you out.
You're an idiot.

If Kirk finishes over .600 win percentage to get him into the HOF he retires.
I believe this to be correct.

He needs 5 more wins. This would get him to 209. Whether we play in the BTCG or not (347 or 348 games total), 209 wins gets him >.600 and 208 wins does not (Although 208/347 = 0.5994; don't know if they round these things up or not). He won't admit it, but he's done the math.

A dream scenario for me would be for the Hawks to run the table in the regular season, for KF to then announce his retirement at the end of the postseason, then for the team to play lights-out for him in the BTCG and bring home an improbable conference title and sweet bowl game on his way out.

Iowa would then be one of the if no THE hottest job on the market.

I would honestly rather have Brian be the next head coach if it means he never calls another offensive play at iowa. It’s that bad.
Yikes, let’s not jump off the deep end!🤪

Besides, you know BF would have his fingerprints all over the play calling…like that TE middle screen that he loves to call 5 or 6 times a game…😉

I believe this to be correct.

He needs 5 more wins. This would get him to 209. Whether we play in the BTCG or not (347 or 348 games total), 209 wins gets him >.600 and 208 wins does not (Although 208/347 = 0.5994; don't know if they round these things up or not). He won't admit it, but he's done the math.

A dream scenario for me would be for the Hawks to run the table in the regular season, for KF to then announce his retirement at the end of the postseason, then for the team to play lights-out for him in the BTCG and bring home an improbable conference title and sweet bowl game on his way out.

Iowa would then be one of the if no THE hottest job on the market.
Whatever you're on, cut the dose in half.

• Haha
Reactions: Libertylover
They will run from what is coming up. Watching Oregon vs Washington and having that inept pillow fight between two just awful teams Whisky and Iowa on a the same time. Was like watching the NFL vs high school. The level of difference in the level of play was laughable. Real offense, real athletes vs punt punt punt.
Hawks better blow the Big 10 West, that 41-3 loss to Michigan the last time, will be a halftime score. Minus the 3.
Yeah how could the Iowa D ever handle a quarterback like Penix?

Your last sentence doesn't strike me as being very likely under any circumstances...well, except in a literal dream.
Which blue blood programs are expecting HC openings this offseason? I can't think of ANY program right now that is expecting to be hiring that is unequivocally a better HC job than Iowa, and that's BEFORE they would put together a hypothetical 11-win season.

With all the outlandish comments on this board, I find it a bit odd that you called me out.

Yikes, let’s not jump off the deep end!🤪

Besides, you know BF would have his fingerprints all over the play calling…like that TE middle screen that he loves to call 5 or 6 times a game…😉
Its like Iowa’s offense. It makes absolutely no sense what I said, so maybe it makes perfect sense?!?

• Love
Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Those high powered West Coast offenses won’tnt in the Midwest in October. A year of tough Big Ten Defense on your players bodies will beat them up as well. Give those West Coast teams a year, they will change their game.
3 of those teams have Heisman candidates at QB. All 3 will be gone after this season. USC is a sub .500 team without Caleb Williams. Jury still out on UCLA. Should be some fun games with those schools as well as nice road trips. Looking forward to their arrival in the league.

Reactions: Hawktagonapus
3 of those teams have Heisman candidates at QB. All 3 will be gone after this season. USC is a sub .500 team without Caleb Williams. Jury still out on UCLA. Should be some fun games with those schools as well as nice road trips. Looking forward to their arrival in the league.
They are looking forward to Brian Ferentz led offenses. You can bet on that too!

Almost the entirety of sporting experts are already dreading the BTT with Iowa against any of the Big Three from the East. And gawd forbid, if we were somehow to eke out that game and get involved with the National Championship bracket, it would be a feather in Kirk's hat, but also a likely bloodbath and more National humiliation.
I think if we do indeed make it to the BTT game, and that's not a surety, and get our asses handed to us, it might be a good note for Kirk to retire on, realizing he and his son just cannot contend with any team with a pulse and that the new B1G will have four more of those.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
KF loves all of us twisting our shorts into a bunch over BF and the ugly wins. He will coach as long as he keeps winning and BF will be here next year due to all the injuries so embrace the offensive suck and wins.

th

Last edited:
Which has a better chance of happening: asteroid hitting the earth or the Middle East erupting in all-out nuclear war?

Pick one.
Why don't you build a bunker, stock it and lock yoirself in. That way we won't have to read your nonsense.

Never comment on football but who do you think is going to come here and be better than KF? Who's going to bring elite skill position athletes to Iowa City Iowa year after year? Iowa under KF is know to produce great pro talent and runs schemes that translate well for pro players. Some of you all are delusional in my opinion.

Never comment on football but who do you think is going to come here and be better than KF? Who's going to bring elite skill position athletes to Iowa City Iowa year after year? Iowa under KF is know to produce great pro talent and runs schemes that translate well for pro players. Some of you all are delusional in my opinion.
Oh, goodie! We really needed another "How will we ever replace a 68-year-old coach who's been here for 25 years, and has no chance of ever being as successful as he once was" point of view. I'll never understand anyone being so scared to bring the program into the 21st century...

Yeah, right. Iowa cannot possibly find a coach who could do as well or better than Kirk. It's just not possible. All other coaches would fail. And there isn't a single good coach that would want to come to a team like Iowa....that has been one of the top winning programs in the country, goes to a bowl game most years, and rakes in a boatload of $$.

You really don't think much of the University of Iowa, do you?

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Oh, goodie! We really needed another "How will we ever replace a 68-year-old coach who's been here for 25 years, and has no chance of ever being as successful as he once was" point of view. I'll never understand anyone being so scared to bring the program into the 21st century...
I guess I would prefer to join the ranks of Nebraska, Michigan, and Notre Dame fanbases.

Probably won't ever have the loyalty of a Hayden or Kirk again. I think the one person who may be that loyal would be Levar if he ends up being next in line.

Reactions: WaterlooChazz
Probably won't ever have the loyalty of a Hayden or Kirk again. I think the one person who may be that loyal would be Levar if he ends up being next in line.
Not having that level of loyalty isn't necessarily a bad thing. If you get coaches who are trying to advance themselves they are usually going to advance your program and make it more attractive to those who come after them because they've seen that someone else can do it. Look at Cincinnati, for example. Not that Iowa should be a stepping-stone - it's already in one of the top leagues.

Kirk looked like he was going to win a national championship early in his career. At some point he seemed to resign himself to just being good. Did he stay out of loyalty, or did he just become comfortable?

Reactions: amahawk
I predict Kirk and Brian are gone at the end of this season.

Even if Iowa finishes the regular season 11-1, a real possibility, Kirk Ferentz has to realize the retirement door is wide open and there may be no better time to walk through it. The B1G changes dramatically next year. No more weak B1G West with its familiar doormats, no more early season patsies to pad the record. Competition in the league will be much stiffer with the addition of USC, UCLA, Washington and Oregon. Iowa is going to need a complete team effort in order to compete -- one that scores points and doesn't just prevent the other guy from scoring or having good field position -- something Iowa does not have now.

I believe Kirk is smart enough to realize the field will be significantly more challenging next season. It may be to his advantage to retire now and go out on top. But it would not surprise me if he tries to leverage that with Beth Goetz.

Iowa's offense is a national laughingstock, a distraction from an otherwise elite product on the field in defense and special teams. The "schemes" are out of date and predictable to opponents. Under Brian Ferentz, Iowa has not been able to attract the kind of skill players -- either out of high school or through the transfer portal -- to create even an average offense. Beyond linemen, Iowa seems unable to develop locally-grown 3-star talent on offense as it does with other positions.

Goetz will have no choice but to fire Brian or to at least demote him and tell Kirk to hire a new Offensive Coordinator. It's at that point that Brian's Dad will try to stand up for him and threaten to quit if Goetz doesn't back down. But that may be all a ruse to extract more severance money, both for Kirk and for Brian. To avoid a messy departure, Goetz will have no choice but to come up with it.

Prove me wrong.
The first shoe has dropped.

Waiting on the second.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Most are delusional.. don’t be so naive.lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT