ADVERTISEMENT

"Baby It's Cold Outside" outrage. Real or Fake News?

gojojo

HR Legend
Jul 24, 2001
A radio station comes out and says they are removing the song over complaints of the songs rapey vibe and in turn people lose their minds over "snowflakes" and their stupid PC BS. But here's my confusion, I've never heard one single quote, interview, or confirmation of actual outrage over the song. I've never heard one person in my life complain of its content and I'm a puedo hippie living in one of the most liberal college towns in the Midwest.

Is it possible this radio station is just effing with everyone, perhaps some free pub?

Crap...wrong board. Sorry

I hope they don't take it out of the movie ELF. It's one of my favorite scenes. That and when he say's "Smiling's my favorite".

Its expected and sometimes manufactured. The MeeToo moment was a powerful moment for us all to reflect on and helped change society in a positive way. The MeToo movement is completely different and has been used as a tool for angry, attention seeking small minded self obsessed people who want to be the creators of another powerful moment. The Hollywood crowd are some of the worst people in our society.

Of course it's not real.

Only insane people worry about stuff like that and they don't count as real.

Almost everything the media tries to get you to waste energy thinking about isnt real. Just distractions.

A radio station comes out and says they are removing the song over complaints of the songs rapey vibe and in turn people lose their minds over "snowflakes" and their stupid PC BS. But here's my confusion, I've never heard one single quote, interview, or confirmation of actual outrage over the song. I've never heard one person in my life complain of its content and I'm a puedo hippie living in one of the most liberal college towns in the Midwest.

Is it possible this radio station is just effing with everyone, perhaps some free pub?

Crap...wrong board. Sorry
Yeah I heard the radio station band all rap all old school rock and roll and Alice Cooper's on the 10 most wanted list for his lyrics

These complaints have been around for a few years. For instance, this video was published in 2015:

Oh boy, a topic about music. I could go on all day about it. But:
  • The MeeToo moment was a powerful moment for us all to reflect on and helped change society in a positive way.
  • The MeToo movement is completely different and has been used as a tool for angry, attention seeking small minded self obsessed people who want to be the creators of another powerful moment.
What's the difference between the two? I've only heard of the second one.

Also, I've never heard the stupid song. I only first heard about it because one day all the talking heads suddenly started talking about it and all the outrage about it. WTF is the big deal with the song? Does it really encourage rape? If so, the singer's a ****ing moron who deserves swift and merciless karma.

I don't listen to the radio or even any source that plays or streams music post 2000. The reason is that so much of the music since then is absolute and complete shit. I mean it even seems like that's what they're going for, but I'll stick to my '90s grunge and alternative rock, back when music was real and had substance.

Also, I've never heard the stupid song. I only first heard about it because one day all the talking heads suddenly started talking about it and all the outrage about it. WTF is the big deal with the song? Does it really encourage rape? If so, the singer's a ****ing moron who deserves swift and merciless karma.

I don't listen to the radio or even any source that plays or streams music post 2000. The reason is that so much of the music since then is absolute and complete shit. I mean it even seems like that's what they're going for, but I'll stick to my '90s grunge and alternative rock, back when music was real and had substance.

I don’t get it...are you saying a song from 1949 is too old for you to have ever heard it or that a song re-recorded maybe 50 different times since then by various singers is too recent?

Or are you just not familiar with any Christmas songs?

Reactions: Hawksfor3
I don’t get it...are you saying a song from 1949 is too old for you to have ever heard it or that a song re-recorded maybe 50 different times since then by various singers is too recent?

The guy thinks ‘90s grunge is real music with substance. :rolleyes:

Yep, the song gained attention when it was featured in a movie in '49 called "Neptune's Daughter". The song was written by Frank Loesser in 1944. It has long been considered to be a Christmas song due to it's winter theme.

Furthermore for the very young, "making love" in 1944 was holding each other and kissing.

Me too movement seeing just how much control they have in todays world for the next big push.
How would they feel about Eddie Cantor in 1928 singing "Makin' Whoopee!" in a musical called "Whoopee!"? LOL. I suppose you could go back to the Old West and expand on it. But man, the cowboys loved their horses better than a beer from "The Long Branch". :)

How would they feel about Eddie Cantor in 1928 singing "Makin' Whoopee!" in a musical called "Whoopee!"? LOL. I suppose you could go back to the Old West and expand on it. But man, the cowboys loved their horses better than a beer from "The Long Branch". :)

Reactions: Hawksfor3
I remember some 20-30 years ago, the media would find ratings gold by generating a moral panic with "reports" on stuff like rainbow parties (just google it), "satanic" rock, and disability recipients on jet-skis. This is just an extension of that, it's hard to find anything that gives us much shock value in the days of the internet. So moral panic just been replaced with the PC-panic, instead of "Can you believe THAT?" it's just "Can you believe some people are offended by THAT?"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT